How to enable mods on the new Xbox app?

Discus and support How to enable mods on the new Xbox app? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I joined the beta for Xbox app on windows 10 to try out installing games outside of the WindowsApps folder, and it worked, I installed Conan Exiles and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zerinhoZ, Dec 2, 2021.

  1. zerinhoZ
    zerinhoZ Guest

    How to enable mods on the new Xbox app?


    I joined the beta for Xbox app on windows 10 to try out installing games outside of the WindowsApps folder, and it worked, I installed Conan Exiles and I can play it, however, I do not see the options to enable mods on the game page like said here, I can only Manage or Uninstall Game, where I can create a shortcut, uninstall the game, change drive and repair, so how can I enable mods for Conan Exiles on the new Beta for Xbox app?

    :)
     
    zerinhoZ, Dec 2, 2021
    #1
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    How to enable mods on the new Xbox app?

  3. zerinhoZ Win User

    How to enable mods on the new Xbox app?

    I didn't mean that the one on the Microsoft store was a Child account, but that you could install games for adults if you have an adult account on the Microsoft store app, if you don't see moods option on the Xbox app it's because one of 2 reasons

    1.- Game do not support moods
    2.- Account used in the Xbox app it's a Child account
    Well, then that's a bug with the new beta for the Xbox app, before joining the beta program I could install mods for games on the game page, it's just now that I joined the beta that I can't.
  4. zerinhoZ Win User

    How to enable mods on the new Xbox app?

    The account being used on the Microsoft Store is also not a child account, no one has ever set up a child account here.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

    How to enable mods on the new Xbox app?

    I didn't mean that the one on the Microsoft store was a Child account, but that you could install games for adults if you have an adult account on the Microsoft store app, if you don't see moods option on the Xbox app it's because one of 2 reasons

    1.- Game do not support moods

    2.- Account used in the Xbox app it's a Child account
  6. zerinhoZ Win User

    How to enable mods on the new Xbox app?

    Hi ! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

    Enabling mods isn’t available for child accounts in the Xbox app, so as long as a child is signed in to his account, the Enable mods button is disabled.

    To see if a game supports mods, launch the Xbox app for Windows on your PC, go to a game’s details page, then look for This game can be modded.
    Game details page with the text, This game supports mods
    Once you’ve found a game that supports mods, install it, then do the following:
    Launch the Xbox app then go to the game’s details page.
    Press the More actions button …, choose Enable mods, and then follow the prompts.
    Once you’ve done this, the game’s folder will become accessible for modding.
    Hello, my account is not registered as a child account.


    [​IMG]


    As you can see here, Conan Exiles does support mods. (The text is in Portuguese)

    However, if we click the more actions button (...)


    [​IMG]


    No "Enable Mods" choice, only Gerenciar (Manage) and Desinstalar Jogo (Uninstall Game)

    If I click Gerenciar (Manage), it brings this window


    [​IMG]


    Here I can create a create a desktop shortcut (criar atalho na area de trabalho) or uninstall the game (desinstalar o jogo), if I go to the files subwindow (arquivos)....


    [​IMG]


    Here I see the game version, last update date, where it is installed (D:\XboxGames) and I have an option to change the drive where it is installed or I can verify and repair the game.

    None of those options are the option I need to enable mods for this game, I can go to the game files and manually add mods as this new Beta for Xbox App allows me to do so, but the game seems to expect the xbox app to have mods enabled, otherwise it ignores the mods I manually add.
Thema:

How to enable mods on the new Xbox app?

Loading...
  1. How to enable mods on the new Xbox app? - Similar Threads - enable mods app

  2. Enable in-game microphone noise suppression not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Enable in-game microphone noise suppression not working properly.: Gamertag: Fire Console: XBOX Series X Insider: Alpha-Skip-Ahead Headset used: SteelSeries Arctic Nova Pro Wireless. When enabled voice chat in party chat with multiple users cuts outs. Occurs...
  3. Please enable generic USB Audio Class (UAC) support for DACs and Audio Interfaces

    in XboX Insiders
    Please enable generic USB Audio Class (UAC) support for DACs and Audio Interfaces: Hi everyone, and hopefully hi to the Xbox team. I wanted to share a bit of a hassle regarding my audio setup on Xbox Series X and suggest a feature that would make a huge difference for many...
  4. How do I enable the posters in my games and apps menu

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I enable the posters in my games and apps menu: I can’t seem to find the option in personalization or anything to change it from tiles to poster view submitted by /u/Xbox_one9925 [link] [comments]
  5. How is “Sharing Permissions” setting enabled?

    in XboX Insiders
    How is “Sharing Permissions” setting enabled?: I stumbled upon this setting on ROG Xbox Ally X. Its’s on the Xbox app. I don’t see it on other PCs. Updated Windows 11 and the Xbox app to latest, but still no luck. What makes this availble?...
  6. "You're Early" When Trying To Enable The New Experience for Xcloud

    in XboX Insiders
    "You're Early" When Trying To Enable The New Experience for Xcloud: Any ideas on how to fix this? Every time I click on the "Try The New Experience" button, I get this error: You're early The new experience isn't available for you just yet. Let's get you back...
  7. Xbox FSE PC--how to enable multiple monitors simultaneously?

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox FSE PC--how to enable multiple monitors simultaneously?: Heyyo, As the title suggests, how do I do it? I have looked it up online and keep finding threads, pages, ect to enable a multi monitor set up with Xbox Series 1/PC, but nothing for PC only. Both...
  8. Why isn't the option to buy Xbox games enabled in Peru?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't the option to buy Xbox games enabled in Peru?: Only Game Pass is currently available, but if the option to buy games for the console were enabled, Xbox would have good sales in Peru.Only Game Pass is currently available, but if the option to...
  9. When do I get the preview updates after enabling them?

    in XboX Insiders
    When do I get the preview updates after enabling them?: I enabled getting the preview updates after a long time of having disabled them. I signed up for the Omega ring (I was only given Delta or Omega). That was a couple of days ago. As far as I can...
  10. How on earth do I enable mods on Halo MCC PC? ModifiableWindowsApps folder is empty!

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How on earth do I enable mods on Halo MCC PC? ModifiableWindowsApps folder is empty!: Everywhere I go online to find an explanation for how to enable mods just says to find the ModifiableWindowsApps folder and says I should see the Halo MCC game files inside it. My...