How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One

Discus and support How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; cannot get my friend who plays on a Ps4 to play she is using a microsoft account so it should work i have a Xbox One S and all the settings are set to... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Chlo_293, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Chlo_293
    Chlo_293 Guest

cannot get my friend who plays on a Ps4 to play she is using a microsoft account so it should work i have a Xbox One S and all the settings are set to allow from communation snd everything cross platform but in minecraft it physvslly will not let us search eachothers names and mine doesnt have the option to enabke cross platform on minecraft , ive tried on xbox app and microsoft and all my setting are enabled but on minecraft it doesnt give me the option like it does on all the videos please help

:)

Chlo_293, Jun 19, 2024
  2. MRallamagoosa Win User

Final Fantasy 14

Square Enix has declared that they would like to bring FFXIV on XBOX ONE and SWITCH with cross-platform play with PC and PS4. That will probably be the main issue considering how SONY is not willing to enable the cross-play on PS4 (see Fortnite as an example).
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Chlo_293, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can enable the multiplayer for Minecraft from the Xbox Family Settings app on your mobile device.

To download the Family App: https://www.xbox.com/apps/family-settings-app

Click on the Account Name > Settings (The cog on the top right) > Multiplayer > Allow

Then, on the same window, under Cross-play:

Allow Crossplay

Allow Communication with Friends

On the bottom of the page, Clubs > Allow (For Minecraft Realms).

It's also a good idea to review the privacy settings:

Please, enter this site: https://www.xbox.com/user/settings/privacy-and-safety

On the Privacy Tab options:

"See other people's Xbox Live profiles" > Set it to either Everyone or Friends

"You can see and upload community creations" > Set it to either Everyone or Friends

"You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text" > Set it to Allow

Click Submit.

Then, switch over to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab.

Set the options below to Allow:

"You can play with people outside of Xbox Live"

"You can join multiplayer games"

"You can add friends"

Don't forget to click on "Submit" to save the settings.

I hope this helps.
  4. Boom B00M Boom Win User

Minecraft dungeons - Use the same character on Xbox one as PC

Completely understand why you would not want to create a new character, but unfortunately the two different platforms do not transfer across one another. Minecraft needs to set up a "cross save" feature to accomplish this.

How to Cross-play Minecraft on Windows 10, PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/cross-play-minecraft/

Two years old, but helpful:

Minecraft Better Together: No cross save?
  5. Tomesso Win User

minecraft

6. MateusFontana Win User

Cannot join servers on nintendo switch - Minecraft

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community. I suggest you read the article below, to enable cross-play of your Minecraft, in it all the necessary information on how to make this possible.

https://www.windowscentral.com/minecraft-cross-...

* Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
Thema:

1. How to enable cross play on minecraft with Ps4 and Xbox One - Similar Threads - enable cross play

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox: I'm having trouble enabling my alexa to control my xbox for some reason every time i put enable to use and it goes to sign in to my xbox account the website won't come up to let me sign in its...
  4. How do you enable Minecraft multiplayer??

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you enable Minecraft multiplayer??: I've tried everything recommended, linked my account, enabled the settings on the Xbox site, yet I still can't e18fcb1e-4324-4cfa-b632-fc125b69b40e
  5. I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...: I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to IPv4? My "Current network status" on my Xbox: Wired IPv4 NAT Type: Open All services are available...
  6. When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft: I just got the pack for Minecraft giving me Bedrock and Java Edition. After enabling lots of permissions using the Xbox Family Settings app, I can only use Multiplayer and friend features of...
  7. How to enable background permissions for Xbox App?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to enable background permissions for Xbox App?: My Xbox App on my desktop keeps informing me that the backgrounds permissions for the Xbox App are disabled and so I keep attempting to fix them, I've scoured the web and none of them are having...
  8. ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ** HAVE DUPLAX APP PLZ HEL.. i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...
  9. have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    have duplex app i cant use the cross to change channels it s only enabled for using the...: been triang to use the remote media i cant use to change channels only the control for playing witch it does let s me use the control left joy not the arrow button will there be an option to...
  10. Cross platform enabled but won't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cross platform enabled but won't work: I have the PS4 and the Xbox 1 version I recently actived my PS4 cross play and it's linked to the Xbox account for Minecraft dungeons I want to play on the PlayStation and my kid on the Xbox but...