How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App]

Discus and support How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App] in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; If you are trying to backup your Xbox clips on PC there is no first party solution right now that I am aware of. there are 3rd party resources. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ghotet, May 7, 2024.

1. Ghotet
    Ghotet Guest

If you are trying to backup your Xbox clips on PC there is no first party solution right now that I am aware of. there are 3rd party resources. I haven't tried this yet but this was mentioned by a user in a post I saw looking for a solution to this unsolvable problem.
    I didn't note the name, sry user.

gamedvr.com - They stated you don't need to make an account just put in your tag and your clips should appear (I have not tested this myself)

I'm mostly just hoping this brings awareness to the issue.

The Issue:

We have a new Xbox app for PC which is great, the last one was laughably bad especially considering who the parent company is, however; we also lost the console companion app under the impression that it's functionality would simply be rolled into the new one-and-done app. This was not the case.

As some of us have realized, we can no longer backup our clips that we saved on our consoles, on our PC's, because there is no functionality to do so built into the new app.

Threads on this very site have admins and such providing outdated instructions for the prior app. They literally gave the same answer that co-pilot gave me and then when they clearly couldn't resolve it with that they said contact support. The fact is, the option is gone. Customer service isn't going to go code the functionality into the app for me.

The Bigger Issue:

As we also know, Xbox is just recently also implementing an automatic deletion of game clips that either began already or will very soon which is why I am trying to back them up, on a device, that actually has reasonable storage space. I wont be paying for One Drive storage to solve this, I promise you Microsoft. Nice try though.

Not ensuring this feature was present at the same time game clip deletion talks were going on is questionable and doesn't look very good when your go-to option is your paid storage offering.

Can we get our console related features back please? I believe the goal is to blend the ecosystems not remove features that split them off from each other while charging me extra.

:)

Ghotet, May 7, 2024
  2. UnweildyFeline Win User

xbox live storage error code 0x87c40156 game dvr

Good news I can now at least view and download my game DVR clips from Xbox app via Windows 10 PC!

Bad news continued: Via Game DVR App on Xbox One, I'm now able to see the game clips under "Xbox Live", but when I select "Share" option on a clip I get a

"Something went wrong" error message.

details of the error message are: "Sorry, we can't share this right now. Try again in a while."

11:54 am

3. Obsessive Power Win User

XBOX APP PC GAMEPASS doesn't show all games listed in webbrowser. Example - Wolfenstein

Hi,

You'll need the Windows 10 app to download PC Game pass titles such as the Wolfenstein games - unless you're running Windows 11 as the app is already part of the Operating System.

Wolfenstein The New Order, The Old Blood and the New Colossus are all available in the United Kingdom.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Does Microsoft plan to support it's own XBox Controller firmware on the Xbox Accessories app (PC)?

There might be an update to the Xbox Accessories app on the PC. Check using the Microsoft Store app on Windows 10/11. The app on the PC should then be able to recognize the new firmware of the Elite Controller.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

how do i download xbox clips to pc?

The only official way at the moment is to download the Xbox mobile app for android or ios, then log in and download the clips from there, then connect the device to your PC and transfer the clips.

There is a new feature coming to the Xbox, that will let you upload the clips to your Onedrive account, and then you will be able to download them straight to your PC, and then you can do what you want with them.
  6. Tomesso Win User

OneDrive

If you have a mobile game clip what you've recorded to your phone using a screen capture app or something like that, you can't upload that video to Xbox Live.

Sorry, but that's not the way it works. You can download, edit and upload back
    to Xbox Live only those game clips that
    you’ve recorded with the Game DVR feature.

Step 1: Upload the video to Xbox Live (what you want to edit)

Step 2: Once it's uploaded to the Xbox Live, download it to your Win10 PC via Xbox App

Step 3: Edit, trim and save the new game clip

Step 3: Upload your edited video back to Xbox Live
Thema:

1. How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App] - Similar Threads - download clips Windows

2. i cant download a clip i was sent

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant download a clip i was sent: My friend sent me a clip, he was on Xbox i am on PC and i have the Xbox app but i can only view the clip, i checked the settings and didnt find anything, i dont know if i missed something but i...
  3. I uploaded clips from xbox to my onedrive but when I download them onto my computer the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I uploaded clips from xbox to my onedrive but when I download them onto my computer the...: As stated in the question I can upload my recorded clips from my xbox to the onedrive. When I log onto the onedrive on my computer and watch the videos in the onedrive they work fine but the...
  4. How do you download xbox clips onto your computer through the pc xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you download xbox clips onto your computer through the pc xbox app?: With the extremely disappointing change to xbox clips getting mass deleted very soon you absolutely must give us a way to download them onto our pcs. Do not refer to your one drive cloud space, I...
  5. App crashing with clip download?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    App crashing with clip download?: I've had my series S for about 3 weeks. In this time I've tried to download 2 separate clips from the app to my phone, both of which only got to 5 or 6 percent before crashing the app. These two...
  6. I want to bulk download my Xbox clips before January 2024

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to bulk download my Xbox clips before January 2024: Is there a way I can download all of my Xbox captures I heard Xbox is going to delete Xbox captures older then 30 days in January 2024 I tried the Xbox app on Moble but it can only download one...
  7. How do i download my Xbox clips to computer ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i download my Xbox clips to computer ?: Hi! I was just wondering how to download Xbox clips on computers as of December 9th 2023 45547677-4c0c-43fa-b722-8bdd582fcc8b
  8. How do i download all my Xbox clips and screenshots with the metadata?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i download all my Xbox clips and screenshots with the metadata?: I saw that there is a new policy that all clips and screenshots get deleted from the Xbox network after 3 months and i want to download all of them to my PC. When i copy the clips from the Xboox...
  9. "Something went wrong, try again in a bit" on xbox app when downloading a clip.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Something went wrong, try again in a bit" on xbox app when downloading a clip.: When I go to download a game clip off of Xbox app onto my phone, it comes up with something went wrong try again in a bit. I have already tried: Un-installing and re-installing the Xbox app and...
  10. how do i download xbox clips to pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i download xbox clips to pc?: idk how since they removed console companion adaa95f2-64bc-4f2a-a20f-4028f723d2a6