How to do an offline system update when the troubleshooting menu will not let me do the...

Discus and support How to do an offline system update when the troubleshooting menu will not let me do the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently, my original Xbox 1 has stopped working after an update in approximately January 2022 or December 2021. It's stuck on a completely black... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HELP_939, May 14, 2022.

1. HELP_939
    HELP_939 Guest

How to do an offline system update when the troubleshooting menu will not let me do the...

So recently, my original Xbox 1 has stopped working after an update in approximately January 2022 or December 2021. It's stuck on a completely black screen, I can only get to the screen where you 'turn off controller', 'turn off Xbox', or 'restart Xbox'. I have done a ton of research about this and have concluded that I need to do an offline system update with OSU 2(please tell me if I need to do a different OSU for my scenario). I made sure my flashdrve has only the OSU 2 file and that the flashdrive was formatted in NTFS. I put the flashdrive into the xbox and bot the xbox into the troubleshooting menu. Now the problem, the offline system update icon isn't glowing, so I can't complete the offline system update. Does anybody know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

:)

HELP_939, May 14, 2022
  2. HELP_939 Win User

How to do an offline system update when the troubleshooting menu will not let me do the offline system update

So it doesn't matter which one I use?
  3. andersonpassos Win User

How to do an offline system update when the troubleshooting menu will not let me do the offline system update

Microsoft hasn't supported it for about 3 years, I'd have to look for a third-party technician.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good night

In this situation you will need the attention of a technician as it is possibly a defect.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

There is only one update, files 01 and 02 are different versions, but in the end it will update to the same
  6. HELP_939 Win User

Thank you for the feedback, are there still technicians who will look at an original Xbox 1? Also just to make sure, I am supposed to use OSU 2 now right?
Thema:

1. How to do an offline system update when the troubleshooting menu will not let me do the... - Similar Threads - offline system update

2. Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline Update: I have tried every possible way to get the offline update for Xbox Series S on my PC and I keep getting a white screen with the xbox logo going around and around never loading....
  3. Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates: recently my xbox one x hard drive has failed, i have purchased a new one, i formatted the new hdd and plugged it into the console, i made a usb, formatted to ntfs, installed osu1, i tried doing...
  4. PROBLEMAS COM ATUALIZAÇÕES DE SISTEMA OFFLINE

in XboX Insiders
    PROBLEMAS COM ATUALIZAÇÕES DE SISTEMA OFFLINE: Estou com problemas no sistema do meu Xbox por conta que ele foi apagado do HD enquanto eu ainda estava no programa insider e agr sempre eu tento instalar o sistema utilizando a unidade flash USB,...
  5. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  6. I have the offline update ready but it wont work

in XBoX on Windows
    I have the offline update ready but it wont work: The hard drive on my xbox stop working so I got a external hard drive and I formatted it to the nofct or something like that and now it says that I can do a offline update I have the files ready...
  7. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  8. Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.: My Xbox One S console was previously shut off during an update. (It hung in the middle of the update for multiple hours). I followed the guide for doing an offline update, but I can't get into the...
  9. One x: failing during verification of offline system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    One x: failing during verification of offline system update: Hello everyone, I'm having some very annoying issues with my Xbox. It was purchased second hand and when I booted it up it started "preparing the console" which then gave me the error code E106...
  10. Facing issue in offline system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Facing issue in offline system update: Ive a xbox one x, My hard drive got corrupted i replaced it with another one and tried to perform offline system update but when it comes to 1% the procedure stops and it gives error E101 i...