How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I connected my Xbox 260 controller to my laptop so i can use it in a game. I wanted to map the buttons using software called reWASD. I found that the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Joey_Microsoft, May 18, 2019.

1. How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

I connected my Xbox 260 controller to my laptop so i can use it in a game. I wanted to map the buttons using software called reWASD. I found that the software worked perfectly. I also found that there were buttons mapped of which i couldn't find the settings
    to. I tried everything including purchasing the full version of the software and removing it from my computer completely only to find the buttons were still mapped. I could use the Xbox controller in web browsers and other things within Windows, and the downside
    is that i can not turn it off. I've tried deleting several Xbox services and registry items, even deleting the joy.cpl file among others. i can not break this function so that i can use the controller the way i need. Does anyone have any advice on how to remove
    it or which update it came with so i can revert my pc. Thanks

:)

Joey_Microsoft, May 18, 2019
  2. Joey_Microsoft Win User

I would suggest contacting the third party you use
    @WoA NightWolf V - Not Helpful, please actually read the post before you reply

Replied on May 16, 2019

No! Your understanding is incorrect. Let me help you. I just removed my xbox 360 wired controller and plugged it into a completely different Windows 10 machine. The driver was installed and i can now control several things with the joystick using the controller...

I am trying to disable this feature.

Is your guys job just to push off the problem to someone else here if you dont know the solution? A viable response in my opinion would be "I DONT KNOW, SORRY". Why even reply if you have to solutions? This is going from one "Ambassador" to another with
    the same dense response.
  3. Joey_Microsoft Win User

Funny you used the "copy pasting" reference before i read your response. Thanks for the understanding, i don't mean to be rude to any Person here. I tend to generally reply to automated programming this way. Just a thing. I hope someone can help
  4. TheVet96 Win User

Clearly I'm not a bot and you used a 3rd party software that is not part of the Microsoft family. I suggest you go through the https://forum.rewasd.com/ to answer your question since
    its related to using that software.
  5. Joey_Microsoft Win User

Checkmate, well done ArminatorX!

The next step in troubleshooting theory would be to grab a non aftermarket controller to see if the issue persists. I will pick one up tomorrow after work and report back, thanks for your help. Well played

o7
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Do you have Steam along with Controller Companion installed on that machine?

I just tried at home on my machine with a Xbox One controller attached via USB, and I'm unable to control anything with the controller (besides in games).
Thema:

1. How to disable xbox360 controller in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable xbox360 controller

2. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  3. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  4. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  5. Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...: I can't stress this enough - I hate that Quick Actions Toggle in the Xbox App with a burning passion. It has without a doubt ruined any chance of me making video content using console streaming....
  6. The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...

in XboX Insiders
    The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...: I used the 14-day Game Pass trial several times, but I never paid for a full month for financial reasons. I understand that if you do not pay for the full month, the 14-day trial does not...
  7. Disable recording feature on the HoloLens

in XBoX on Windows
    Disable recording feature on the HoloLens: How can I disable the recording feature on the HoloLens 2 for the user? Kiosk mode? uninstall an app? 5386eea7-6d0b-4998-80c9-01df6d5baaea
  8. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?: So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my...
  9. Please allow disable quick resume

in XboX Insiders
    Please allow disable quick resume: Please submitted by /u/Prudent_Character_93 [link] [comments]
  10. How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...: How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard connected via usb? I can see that there is an option to do so on Xbox one but not on Xbox series X. Please I...