How to disable virtual keyboard on Xbox?

Discus and support How to disable virtual keyboard on Xbox? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; AFAIK there is now way to disable it. But may be we can request this feature to be provided in the next updates? You see, I use real mouse and keyboard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by FunnierCrane586, Nov 16, 2022.

1. How to disable virtual keyboard on Xbox?

AFAIK there is now way to disable it. But may be we can request this feature to be provided in the next updates? You see, I use real mouse and keyboard with my Xbox Series X while surfing the internet via Microsft Edge. And this virtual keyboard is just annoying. Can we do something with this, guys?

:)

FunnierCrane586, Nov 16, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this FunnierCrane586

Unfortunately right now there is no way to disable the virtual keyboard right now :c

But you can suggest this idea / feature here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

If more people vote your idea, can be considered or implemented in a future Xbox update
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Disabling virtual keyboard

4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Pineapple

As far as I know that toggle works only if you have an Xbox One, if you have a Series X or S that's not going to work.

In those consoles is not possible right now to disable the option.

But if you have an Xbox One, don't be surprised if the toggle doesn't work either. Due to the Xbox Console Companion app is "old" and hasn't received any major updates like the Xbox One system
  5. Pineapple Expert Win User

That's really unfortunate, is there any other way to disable that inconvenient virtual keyboard on Xbox?
  6. VinOth_VingO - வ஠Win User

How to Disable Windows 10 Xbox Virtual Keyboard and Volume Controls

Hi,

Do you want to disable the virtual keyboard or Xbox controller access in Windows 10? Please explain more about your issue.
Thema:

1. How to disable virtual keyboard on Xbox? - Similar Threads - disable virtual keyboard

2. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...
  3. Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots: I cannot find the setting to disable the functionality of the Xbox controller taking a screenshot when I press the button. I use that button for steam screenshots so it is very annoying that a...
  4. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  5. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  6. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  7. Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...: I can't stress this enough - I hate that Quick Actions Toggle in the Xbox App with a burning passion. It has without a doubt ruined any chance of me making video content using console streaming....
  8. The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...

in XboX Insiders
    The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...: I used the 14-day Game Pass trial several times, but I never paid for a full month for financial reasons. I understand that if you do not pay for the full month, the 14-day trial does not...
  9. Disable recording feature on the HoloLens

in XBoX on Windows
    Disable recording feature on the HoloLens: How can I disable the recording feature on the HoloLens 2 for the user? Kiosk mode? uninstall an app? 5386eea7-6d0b-4998-80c9-01df6d5baaea
  10. Removing or disabling groups I am not interested in and that virtual keyboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Removing or disabling groups I am not interested in and that virtual keyboard?: How do I remove groups from the home screen? How do I disable that useless virtual keyboard? Just picked one up, been busy setting it up. What is with the garbage groups I am not interested in,...