How to disable point notifications for the Xbox gaming bar

Discus and support How to disable point notifications for the Xbox gaming bar in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Basically, often when I'm playing a game on my PC, a notification comes up and says something about claiming points. How do I turn this off? I am in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nathan Bollard, Jan 25, 2023.

1. How to disable point notifications for the Xbox gaming bar

Basically, often when I'm playing a game on my PC, a notification comes up and says something about claiming points. How do I turn this off? I am in the latest version and there is nothing that says anything about advertising or points.

:)

Nathan Bollard, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Jesse Mcneill Win User

How to disable points notification in xbox game bar

Why doesn't unchecking "Notify me when I earn Reward points" stop these notifications? Is there really no way to separate these notifications from achievement or game/party invite notifications?
  3. StormBlackwell Win User

So, I came to this with the same question, and I found an option that says "Notify me when I earn Reward points". I expect that would be a better choice than “Notify me when I unlock achievements”. I'm going to try that out and see if it works for me.

“Windows + G” to be able to open the Xbox Game Bar and then click on the “Gear” icon in the top menu.
    in the new open window then access the “Notifications” tab on the left menu.
    Once this is done, uncheck the option "Notify me when I earn Reward points" and click “X” to close the window.

Hopefully this will disable the annoying (and specific) Reward point notifications without disabling notifications for achievements.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

You disable all, or leave them all activated, friend.

You need to choose an option.

If you are bothered by these news, according to your report, the best option is to disable
  5. Reckoner000 Win User

They're achievement notifications? That's... why did they make them achievement notifications?

I guess I'm fine disabling all achievement notifications, but my preference would have been to disable this one very annoying, very prolific notification.
  6. Reckoner000 Win User

I actually found that option not too long ago, disabling it does not disable the notification annoyingly
Thema:

How to disable point notifications for the Xbox gaming bar

1. How to disable point notifications for the Xbox gaming bar - Similar Threads - disable point notifications

2. How do I disable the onscreen keyboard on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I disable the onscreen keyboard on xbox?: I can't turn off my on screen keyboard, every click opens the keyboard and I manually have to close it either with my remote or by pressing the windows key and then escape. I can't connect the...
  3. How to disable Points Reward notification?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to disable Points Reward notification?: Hello! I am still getting notifications for points being rewarded on the PC Xbox overlay, even when I have the setting disabled. This is frustrating as I typically get 2-3 within the course of...
  4. How in the world do we disable the accessibility narrator in xbox version of Age of Enpires 2.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How in the world do we disable the accessibility narrator in xbox version of Age of Enpires 2.: Game just dropped today on xbox, pc menus are different from the Xbox menus and turning off this blasted narrator is giving a headache. Hitting start opens the settings menu, then there is...
  5. How to disable auto-update in the minecraft launcher?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to disable auto-update in the minecraft launcher?: For some time the minecraft launcher was keeping to auto-update whenever I would open it. It did not seem to change anything in the game nor the launcher itself, and took up to an hour by which...
  6. How I can disable achievement window in game? Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How I can disable achievement window in game? Xbox series S: I can't find a way how to disable this window... 54c30d77-37dc-45e8-8afc-b98bc3e75c6d
  7. Option to Disable/remove On-screen Keyboard

in XboX Insiders
    Option to Disable/remove On-screen Keyboard: Hello, I use a mouse and keyboard on my console's (Xbox One X and my Xbox Series X) and I would like to have the option to remove the on-screen keyboard when I have a mouse and keyboard connected....
  8. xbox game bar "Claim your points!" notifications unable to disable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game bar "Claim your points!" notifications unable to disable: i have disabled literally every notification other than game requests and friends messages yet "claim your free points!" notifications keep showing up, i can get more info or dismiss but i cannot...
  9. How to disable points notification in xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable points notification in xbox game bar: [img] I'm very sick of the spam from the Xbox game bar. I don't want these points, I don't need these points. I frankly think it's obnoxious that so many notifications are being sent through. I...
  10. How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?: I keep on getting the same series of notifications that look like this: [img] There is no obvious setting the UI that I can see to disable this notification which is continually distracting me...