How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?

Discus and support How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Whenever I make a purchase I get a chat message from “Xbox” telling me I’ve earned X number of points and I can buy a $10 gift card with it. How do I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Zack1661, May 21, 2024.

1. Zack1661
    Zack1661 Guest

How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?

Whenever I make a purchase I get a chat message from “Xbox” telling me I’ve earned X number of points and I can buy a $10 gift card with it. How do I disable this message from showing up? Can I block “Xbox” in my chats?

This question was asked before here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-rewards/86236967-60f4-4364-b76b-465f53a71f63 and the answer from “Geri” is so mind-numbingly frustrating that I don’t think they even read the question.

FOR CLARITY THIS IS ABOUT RECEIVING CHAT MESSAGES FROM XBOX ABOUT GIFT CARDS/REWARDS POINTS. Not passkeys. Not rewards app notifications. Not making purchases. Seriously, could not be more clear about what we’re asking.

“You’ve accumulated enough points to redeem $10 Xbox Gift Card after earning X Rewards points. Redeem now at rewards.microsoft.com” is the message that I want to stop showing up. Again, I never want to see this message. I feel the need to repeat that. Never want to see this message again. How do I accomplish that?

:)

Zack1661, May 21, 2024
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Thanks for the reply, but are you an AI bot?

I don't want to add a passkey to make purchases, and I don't want to turn off notifications. In fact, there's not even a notification option for Rewards.

I want to disable receiving messages from Microsoft every time I make a purchase.
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi SigmaTheDJ,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Forum.

We understand that you want to disable Xbox messages about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

You can disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store by following these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey.
    3. To help protect your account, you may be asked to enter your password.
    4. Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
    5. Scroll right and select Customize.
    6. Scroll right and select Ask for my passkey to make purchases

As supported by this article. Prevent unauthorized purchases from Microsoft Store using Xbox One - Microsoft Support.

Or;

2. Select System > Settings > Preferences > Notifications.
    3. Select Xbox notifications.
    4. Select the Allow notifications checkbox to turn notifications off, or select the choices on the screen based on how you’d like to receive notifications.

As supported with this article. Manage Xbox and app pop-up notifications | Xbox Support.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi SigmaTheDJ,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hello SigmaTheDJ,

Thank you for your patience.

It seems that you are earning points by buying something from the store. It’s possible that you are buying something that is eligible for Microsoft Rewards points. You can check your Microsoft Rewards account to see how you earned those points and manage the settings as well.

I am not so sure if there is a way to disable the messages from Microsoft Rewards without turning off notifications altogether or adding a passkey to make purchases. I’m sorry if this is not the answer you were hoping for. You mar refer to this article, How to opt out of Microsoft Rewards - Microsoft Support

You can also try to disable messages from Xbox about Microsoft Rewards when making purchases from the store by following these steps.

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey.
    3. To help protect your account, you may be asked to enter your password.
    4. Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
    5. Scroll right and select Customize.
    6. Scroll right and select Ask for my passkey to make purchases.

I am a bit confused with your reply saying this "I don't want to add a passkey to make purchases, and I don't want to turn off notifications. In fact, there's not even a notification option for Rewards." Can you please clarify?

Just a reminder or to set your expectation, Microsoft Rewards is a loyalty program that rewards users for using Microsoft products and services. You can earn points by playing games from the Xbox Game Pass library, playing selected new releases and free-to-play games, renting Microsoft films & TV, downloading new apps on Xbox, taking fun quizzes and polls from the Microsoft Rewards app, and more. You can redeem your points on Rewards for Xbox games and subscriptions, gift cards, sweepstake entries, nonprofit donations, and more. This can be best explain on this link. Microsoft Rewards | Xbox.

A passkey is a new passwordless authentication technology that works as an easier and more secure alternative to passwords. It is a unique code that you create and pair with your email address or username. You can use it to sign into websites, apps, and devices. Passkeys are more secure than passwords because they are not stored on servers and are not vulnerable to phishing attacks. Instead, they are stored locally on your device and are encrypted with a private key that only you have access to.

I hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  6. GlacialBird2039 Win User

Bought games and no credit reward added

Thank you for the explanation, I thought I will receive credit reward for every games I bought.. (That is my bad)

btw, how about this:

Make a purchase, earn Rewards
    Never made a purchase from the Xbox Store? Now's the time to grab that game, movie, TV show, or special avatar item you've been eyeing! After all, you'll get 1,250 Rewards Credits just for making it yours.

1,250 Rewards Credits
    Will I get the 1.250 Rewards Credits?
Thema:

1. How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store? - Similar Threads - disable messages Rewards

2. I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Need to/how do i disable parental controls ?: I have got an account and when i go into the xbox app and try to request to friend someone it says request approval and then says unable to send your request. Overall i want parental controls...
  3. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  4. How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.

in XboX Insiders
    How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.: So long story short my friend borrowed my Series S when I went out of town for few weeks and now he is just not giving it back. He just keeps saying give him few days, it has been so long and I...
  5. My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming: I've tried everything with device manager but it doesn't change a single thing, i even tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. This issue first began a year ago when i just...
  6. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...
  7. When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will Microsoft fix the Xbox "feature" of disabling surround sound when a chat headset...: Xbox Series X|S can output surround sound such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X over HDMI with no headset attached. This is great for modern gaming, allowing players to use spatial sound cues (direction...
  8. Can I disable “Minecraft” invites

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I disable “Minecraft” invites: I’m sick of tired of seeing you’ve been invited by player on Minecraft is there anyway to remove it and annoy me the heck up because I have Minecraft on my switch and iOS witch is my phone I have...
  9. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  10. How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable messages from Xbox about MS Rewards when making purchases from the store?: I dunno when they implemented this, but in the last 24 hours I noticed that when I buy something from the store, I immediately get sent a message from Xbox telling me I've earned X number of...