How to disable controller input while using the windows menus?

Discus and support How to disable controller input while using the windows menus? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, how can I disable controller support for the windows menus? I use my xbox controller as a mouse via steam desktop mode, but the native windows... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GoekhanPipapo, Jan 23, 2023.

1. How to disable controller input while using the windows menus?

Hi, how can I disable controller support for the windows menus? I use my xbox controller as a mouse via steam desktop mode, but the native windows controls interfere with it. I just want to disable controller input while using the menus, settings etc. Thanks.

:)

GoekhanPipapo, Jan 23, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Cuphead not detecting ps4 controller

Hello there JustImp.

Please try using a different controller when possible.
    Meanwhile, try disabling Steam controller input / configuration via Steam settings.

Once disabled, restart the PC and verify if you can play with your controller.

Additionally, if that doesn't work, try performing a clean boot on your PC:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...
  3. EllisBarratt Win User

Games only recognising controller when buttons pressed.

Currently using DS4Windows. Disabled and enabled the controller and the same thing occurs.
    After checking DS4, all inputs work fine. On some games, the controller continually scrolls through menu buttons (as if the stick is down even though it isn't, and it doesn't say it is on DS4), and on other games such as forza the controller is only recognised when a button is held.
  4. Piccoroz Win User

Either W10 or the new Xbox One Preview Controller Update broke compatibility in PC games.

I have the exact same problem, the xbox one controller totally disables keyboard input in games. Just yesterday I was able to play with the controller using the chatpad for keyboard shortcuts, today I come to find Windows 10 had an update and now I can't
    use either the chatpad or the keyboard in the games with controller support.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

hacking in warzone can be stopped by microsoft

that would then deny people that use controller and mouse or disabled people using multiple inputs for there specific setups.
  6. Phantom1315 Win User

Xbox One Controller controlls Windows 10

Okay, seems like i will not get a valid answer here... Just buy an other controller...

Remap, that's funny... Remap to what exactly?

I use the default controller mapping and in games like in rocket league i can customize keys how i want, but what does it have to do that the windows ui reacts to controller input while no game or something like this is running?

Windows UI should not react on that xinput events while i not playing anything, thats all what i want.
Thema:

How to disable controller input while using the windows menus?

1. How to disable controller input while using the windows menus? - Similar Threads - disable controller input

2. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  3. How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How would I disable Xbox controller support on the Windows 10 user interface?: I'm looking for a way to disable an Xbox controller's ability to control the Windows UI (start menu, settings and anything else built into Windows 10 that can be navigated with a controller). This...
  4. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  5. Disable Touch controller on remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable Touch controller on remote play?: After the last update to the Xbox App (Android), every time I remote play - the touch controls interface pop up. I don't ever use touch, how can I disable this? I use my elite controller with...
  6. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  7. Please Help X Box Controller Disabled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Help X Box Controller Disabled: Hi, I would very much to buy and play Starfield Deluxe on the XBox X. The problem is that my right hand is recovering from major surgery and box compartment syndrome. For this reason my trigger...
  8. how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller: actually the problem is i have a ps3 controller that i have been trying to connect but the controller keeps being recognized as xbox360 controller. i tried disabling device signature enforcement...
  9. Is there any way to disable the "You need a controller to pplay this game" popup on xbox,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way to disable the "You need a controller to pplay this game" popup on xbox,...: Just what the question is asking. Im trying to use turning my controller off for a very specific glitch but the popup is making me unable to do so. 0e48f0da-f3ce-4b4a-9c69-d19588cd2589
  10. Disabling buttons on controller instead of just remapping…

in XboX Insiders
    Disabling buttons on controller instead of just remapping…: Need the option to disable any button on Xbox controller instead of just remapping. Completely defeats the purpose of using pro controllers with extra buttons. When playing Elden Ring I sometimes...