How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

Discus and support How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I keep on getting the same series of notifications that look like this: [img] There is no obvious setting the UI that I can see to disable this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SamSpain, Nov 21, 2021.

1. SamSpain
    SamSpain Guest

How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

I keep on getting the same series of notifications that look like this:

How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications? [​IMG]

There is no obvious setting the UI that I can see to disable this notification which is continually distracting me while playing games.

I have looked throughout all of the settings of the xbox game app and the game bar itself and nothing mentions these sorts of notifications.

Am I missing something?

:)

SamSpain, Nov 21, 2021
  2. XBF John Win User

It does help, thank you! I appreciate you sharing this information.

I'll be passing it on as well just in case it may be impacting this issue as well. Please let me know if you come across this issue with the setting recommended so I can let the team know that it is or is not effective for you and created the intended effect when it comes to notifications, and we can add that to our investigation and hopefully get a solution for this.

Thank you!

3. SamSpain Win User

It does help, thank you! I appreciate you sharing this information.

I'll be passing it on as well just in case it may be impacting this issue as well. Please let me know if you come across this issue with the setting recommended so I can let the team know that it is or is not effective for you and created the intended effect when it comes to notifications, and we can add that to our investigation and hopefully get a solution for this.

Thank you!

XBF John
    Hi John,

I have tried with "Hide Notifications when I'm playing Fullscreen" and over the last few days the notification does indeed stop being visible to me while playing, but it is still there when opening up notifications, and the sound has played (which I expect given the silence setting is separate). Settings as they were during that time:

[​IMG]

At this point I'm going to check the silence option and uncheck the new message and invited to party notification. I'll report if that somehow stops the notification coming through to my notifications list, but I imagine all it's going to achieve is to stop bothering me each time I start playing something.

I'll give it a week for any new info to come up but as a developer myself I know if something is low severity, able to be mitigated (albeit with loss of functionality), and seemingly hard to reproduce then it won't exactly be high priority. I'll then mark your first response as the answer as it might still help some people who encountered this but for other reasons.
  4. XBF John Win User

Hello,

If you could test something for me when you play again next time. The option here that says, "Hide Notifications when I'm playing Fullscreen." If you could check that box and then try again with either Forza or another game that is connected to the rewards/achievements and let me know if those notifications still come through.

Thank you,

5. SamSpain Win User

Hello,

You should be able to disable notification in the Xbox app.

• Choose your Profile picture in the app.
    • Choose Settings
    • Choose Notifications
    You can uncheck the notifications you don't want

In Game Bar if you choose the cog wheel (for settings) in general just uncheck the "Show me Tips" and it should stop the notifications.

Best Regards,

XBF John
    Thank for you for the response, John. Unfortunately I am not able to confirm if this solution worked for me as when checking I had already had this unchecked, in a similar situation to the other John.
    I suspect this notification is coming from these settings. I would try to isolate it but it takes up to 30 minutes for the notifications to appear in a couple. For everyone possibly reading this I don't know what workaround there is apart from disabling all but the most important notifications. Until the UX for this is improved and notifications are clearly labelled with the content each one would give it seems like pure guesswork.

[​IMG]
  6. terrarum Win User

This is happening to me when playing Halo Infinite on W10, and to my partner when she plays other Gamepass games on W10. I've done what the others have said and disabled notifications for fullscreen games but it's tedious that I've had to come and find this page and do that.
Thema:

1. How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications? - Similar Threads - disable Claim points

2. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  3. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  4. Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller 2 Headphone Jack - can it be disabled?: Causing a problem with Dying Light 2 on pc. Sound wants to keep switching to controller headphone jack. Since I don't use the jack (and have no plans to ever use it) the game sound cuts out...
  5. Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...: I can't stress this enough - I hate that Quick Actions Toggle in the Xbox App with a burning passion. It has without a doubt ruined any chance of me making video content using console streaming....
  6. The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...

in XboX Insiders
    The 14-day Game Pass trial disappeared, I never paid for a full month, and I disabled the...: I used the 14-day Game Pass trial several times, but I never paid for a full month for financial reasons. I understand that if you do not pay for the full month, the 14-day trial does not...
  7. Disable recording feature on the HoloLens

in XBoX on Windows
    Disable recording feature on the HoloLens: How can I disable the recording feature on the HoloLens 2 for the user? Kiosk mode? uninstall an app? 5386eea7-6d0b-4998-80c9-01df6d5baaea
  8. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?: So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my...
  9. Please allow disable quick resume

in XboX Insiders
    Please allow disable quick resume: Please submitted by /u/Prudent_Character_93 [link] [comments]
  10. How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...: How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard connected via usb? I can see that there is an option to do so on Xbox one but not on Xbox series X. Please I...