How to disable auto-update in the minecraft launcher?

Discus and support How to disable auto-update in the minecraft launcher? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some time the minecraft launcher was keeping to auto-update whenever I would open it. It did not seem to change anything in the game nor the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sebr3, Jan 28, 2023.

1. sebr3
    sebr3 Guest

For some time the minecraft launcher was keeping to auto-update whenever I would open it. It did not seem to change anything in the game nor the launcher itself, and took up to an hour by which time I didn't want to play the game. It's really annoying and I would like to disable it, and update the launcher whenever I want to instead of the game doing that each time I open it.

How to disable auto-update in the minecraft launcher? [​IMG]

If that isn't a feature yet I would greatly appreciate if it was added, or the issue was fixed.

Also when trying to open the launcher, it takes a few minutes for the window to pop up.

:)

sebr3, Jan 28, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The game is required to be updated so that everyone is on the same version
  3. Kathy A. Win User

How to Disable Auto Login for Minecraft Launcher

Hi David__F,

Contacting support could be great for any in-game concerns, what you needed the most here is the ability to disable and enable your autologin session with the game. I have high hopes that you have already submitted this idea and we are about to wait for this to be released as new features for Minecraft if the developer will allow. If our link is not effective in showing you were to submit this amazing idea, please try this link: New post – Minecraft Feedback.

This is not again a fix unless this feature will be created by the game developer and the way to reach them is not through us, Microsoft support nor Minecraft support team but through feedback. They check feedbacks and ideas and would listen to you for new ideas for the game.

For disabling multiplayer, you may be hindered to join any multiplayer sessions in the future. Just remember to enable multiplayer once you need it.

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Regards,
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi David__F,

Thank you for providing the details.

Auto login could be possible if there is no update on security information or change in password in your Microsoft account. However, you have mentioned changing your password already. In that case, what we can recommend is for you to visit your account's privacy - Microsoft account | Privacy. Locate Apps and service activity and click to delete to any account activity related to games and Xbox. After, a restart of your PC and shutdown of Xbox Console will be enough. This can be done before checking if you will not be autologin to the Minecraft Launcher and Xbox Console.

However, this step will not a guarantee that Minecraft Launcher will cease the auto login feature on launcher. I can still remember a post here in Community where the Minecraft enthusiast request for auto login session as they are tired of entering their email and password on Minecraft Launcher. If that request happens to be this new feature that Mojang Team have released, then at least you can request to the team through feedback that you would like to have the choice to disable or enable that on your account. From which we have hinted on our previous reply that you can also request to the Mojang Team to create an option for you to see if your account has been signed into a Minecraft [launcher or app] on [Windows or Console] device at this time and date on this location. That would be a great suggestion but that would remain a guess that feature will be released if not submitted to the team.

[​IMG]

You can always send feedback to the Mojang Team (Minecraft Feedback), and we appreciate you have brought this idea here in Community.

Regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi David__F,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please confirm if I've got your concern correctly, we can see in your screenshot that it is taken from Minecraft Launcher, now, are you having issues with the autologin feature of the Minecraft Launcher?

If this is somehow an autologin issue with Microsoft account for any services and products, please let me know in what device and apps were affected. So, we can check it in our resources.

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,
  6. David__F Win User

Hello,

Thank you for your time for the replies, I do really appreciated it. Have a good day.

Sincerely,

David F.
Thema:

1. How to disable auto-update in the minecraft launcher? - Similar Threads - disable auto update

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to disable the automatic power on of my XSX when i turn on my xbox wireless...: I have a Xbox wireless headset, and when I power on it my Xbox also turn on, even if i'm using the headset in bluetooth. Is there is any option to disabled that ?...
  4. Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots: I cannot find the setting to disable the functionality of the Xbox controller taking a screenshot when I press the button. I use that button for steam screenshots so it is very annoying that a...
  5. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  6. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  7. How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?: How do I disable the auto save system in Cyberpunk 2077? I am playing the game on Xbox Series X and the game is auto saving once a minute. The auto save system is wearing out my SSD really fast...
  8. Disabling Windows Xbox One App Auto Login Feature

in XBoX Accessibility
    Disabling Windows Xbox One App Auto Login Feature: Hello, I recently was having a issue about the auto login feature that's in Xbox One app for Windows, which the auto login feature also applies to all the games I installed from Microsoft store....
  9. Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable Xbox gaming windows App from auto installing updates: I use Xbox windows app with game pass. It starts downloading updates for games withou asking, while automatic updates are disabled in xbox app and MS store. CAN IT BE DISABLED? How does Microsoft...
  10. How to Disable Auto Login for Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to Disable Auto Login for Minecraft Launcher: So around a week ago, my Minecraft account was compromised, and the person who compromised me have my password before I changed it. But even after I changed my password, the person who compromised...