How to delete xbox live account whilst retaining Microsoft account

Discus and support How to delete xbox live account whilst retaining Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a xbox live account I've had for a good decade and a half however it uses my old email hotmail.com address. I wish to update my account to use... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by StevenK_Sc, Apr 27, 2022.

1. StevenK_Sc
    StevenK_Sc Guest

I have a xbox live account I've had for a good decade and a half however it uses my old email hotmail.com address. I wish to update my account to use my newer hotmail.co.uk address however I cannot see anywhere for me to do this.

To add to the complications, it seems my new hotmail.co.uk address already HAS an live account against it. I'm not sure what this is, it looks like it was auto generated or something and certainly isn't one I've ever used.

Is there any way of deleting the xbox live account against my email address, and then change my xbox live account to use that? I have seen online people state you cannot merge accounts but I don't wish to do that. I just don't want the secondary account which seems to have popped up.

:)

StevenK_Sc, Apr 27, 2022
  2. Farscape247 Win User

All microsoft accounts come with xbox, skype, and other, this is because a microsoft account includes all the services that Microsoft offers, there is no way to split or remove part of the account, if you don't use xbox etc then it will just sit idle on your account.

take other companies as an example, google has all its services under one account, same as apple and the same with many others.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, StevenK_Sc. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Community expert user. I'll be happy to assist you today.

You can't transfer your Xbox account to another Microsoft/Xbox account. I'm sorry.

If you have an email that is not live.*, outlook.*, hotmail.* or msn.*, you can add this email as a alias email to your Xbox account and then change it to your primary email address.

But hotmail.co.uk (or any hotmail.*) can't be added as a alias email since it already links to another Microsoft Account.
  5. Kaito Amira Win User

Unable to connect to Xbox live or re-download account

How would I go about making another account liked to my current account and would I still retain all my Xbox live information?
  6. mooman219 Win User

Unable to transfer Minecraft account

Hey HomegrownSilky,

It seems like Xbox Live still considers the gamertag used by this account even through there hasn't been a login in >5 years. I believe there may be some un-usable outstanding credit in the account, which reads as if that prevents the account from being closed.

I have no issue with deleting my Xbox Live account while retaining my Microsoft account if that was an option.
Thema:

1. How to delete xbox live account whilst retaining Microsoft account - Similar Threads - delete live account

2. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  3. Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S signs me out of Xbox live every time I get on, tried deleting my account...: Can someone help me with this but I tried restarting my console, turning it off for hours at a time but it won’t sign me in. submitted by /u/Tiabetianquailudes [link] [comments]
  4. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY: I am using my son's account. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers and your support is completely useless as it constantly requires me to sign back in to get assistance and yet I...
  5. How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...: Recently, my microsoft account was hacked, with someone adding their own email and deleting mine(**Removed PII**). I had to make a new microsoft with the same email(**Removed PII**), and now don't...
  6. How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?: I created an Xbox live account like 5 years ago so I could play on my ex's console, but we broke up like 6 months later and I totally forgot about the account until I randomly started getting...
  7. Can you all make sure my auto pay on my Xbox for Xbox live is off delete my card please I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you all make sure my auto pay on my Xbox for Xbox live is off delete my card please I...: Delete my card from auto pay so I’m not paying for something I will never use again 3edfb132-e9bf-4f12-b0cb-c88bce498527
  8. My xbox live clips will not delete

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox live clips will not delete: Hello! I’m having a bit of an irritating issue with my captures. I am trying to free up space, but whenever I delete clips and screenshots, they say deleted and then they come back. I have no...
  9. My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save on the Xbox live network-I’ve tried...: Yes my Xbox game clips/captures will not delete or save-as much as I’ve looked around for answers online to this solution I can tell that many people have had this same problem through all...
  10. xbox live account delet

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live account delet: how do i delet my xbox live account 69893d65-794c-4deb-850c-841c8662484b