How to delete the files of a game I didn't finish installing?

Discus and support How to delete the files of a game I didn't finish installing? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to install Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox app on PC with the Xbox Pass. The app closed before the app could have finish installing. The button... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alexandru2, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Alexandru2
    Alexandru2 Guest

I wanted to install Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox app on PC with the Xbox Pass. The app closed before the app could have finish installing. The button to resume the download for the game isn't appering and I don't have enough space on my laptop to install it back. Is there a way to delete the files for the game and reinstalling them back? I don't want to delete other things to make space for it, but I think I will do it if there isn't another option so I don't have space that is used for nothing on my laptop. Is there a button on the app to check if I already have some of the game downloaded so it will resume it automaticaly?

:)

Alexandru2, Nov 13, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Solution 1:

Try repairing the Xbox app by following the instructions below.

Go to Windows Settings

Applications

Applications and Features

Find the Xbox app

Click on it

advanced options

tap repair

- If that doesn't work, try the same solution again, but this time chooses to restore.

Solution 2:

Type WSRESET in the windows search bar

Run as administrator

Wait for the window to open to close automatically

Restart your pc and try installing the game again.
  3. Alexandru2 Win User

Hi, I got access to the folder, but I can't figure out which folder is for Forza Horizon because all of them have random names and when I type Forza in the search bar I find only a photo in a folder with media from other games.

I installed another game on Xbox and it appears I now have space for Forza, maybe it got deleted and I installed something new, but now when I try to install it again it only says preparing 0% and then it stops and disappear like I haven't even press install. Do you know what is going on with this and how can I solve it?
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. You will have to access the WindowsApps folder, but this folder normally cannot be accessed, there are ways but it won't work for everyone, so I suggest you follow the instructions provided in the article below.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsap...

- Be careful when making any changes, the procedures provided in the article above are unofficial, so be careful.

- If you can access the windows apps folder, you should find the Forza horizon 5 folders and delete it, by doing that restart your pc, this will allow you to start the game installation again.

- Make sure it's the Forza horizon 5 folder as any other deleted folders in that path can affect your PC's performance or how the applications work.

* Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  5. Madnicow Win User

Gears of War 5 PC INSTALL ISSUE NO ERROR HELPPPPPPP

I have a similar problem with other games on microsoft store.

After full installation, the game is present in WindowsApps /MSIXVC (for gears5 as 1E66A3E7-2F7B-461C-9F46-3EE0AEC64B8C taking 69 Go) and in WindowsApps (for gears5 as Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.95.0_x64__...) but the game is not present in the library
    and when I try to download it again, i get a message saying that the game is downloaded but I can't launch it (i still see the install button instead of the play button).

I just found a solution to finish the installation which works in my case : in the

WindowsApps /MSIXVC, try to delete the E66A3E7-2F7B-461C-9F46-3EE0AEC64B8C.xvs file and then go to the store to download the game again. This time, after a simple check, the installation will end and the play button appears!

But now, i have another problem, the game is present in 2 locations on the disk and i didn't found a way to delete installation files in MSIXVC folder (a process is still running on them)
  6. Lofty Who Win User

Unlimited HD Space

To be honest I can't see me ever using up my 500GB of space as I always delete the 'install' part of the game when I've finished with the game and just leave the save files but it's great to know this is here just incase :)
Thema:

1. How to delete the files of a game I didn't finish installing? - Similar Threads - delete files game

2. Xbox auto deleting game files?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox auto deleting game files?!: So I have a question for you guys. Ive seen lots of questions but little answers. Seeing if anybody is able to assist with a fix. So I decide to play my COD MW3. I boot up the game and it says I...
  3. My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...: My xbox one will not delete saved files from my game & app menu. I followed what the guidelines suggest and every time I reboot or restart my files are still there....
  4. Deleted files for C:/XboxGames for game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleted files for C:/XboxGames for game pass: Hello, I recently got a 3 month pass for game pass for PC. After installing games I realized I installed the games on the wrong drive. I installed everything onto my 500 gb SSD C instead of my 4...
  5. Deleted Xbox game bar system file.

in XBoX on Windows
    Deleted Xbox game bar system file.: I'm currently using Windows 11. I was having issues with Xbox game bar, so I uninstalled Xbox game bar by going to task manager > game bar > then I uninstalled the SYSTEM file. The problem is now...
  6. How do i get my deleted temporary files back or manage to get Game Services to work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get my deleted temporary files back or manage to get Game Services to work?: While triying to save up some space on my C: disk because i couldnt manage to transport data from it to the D: disk i accidently deleted my temporary files which was a huge mistake because i need...
  7. why cant i delete a games files that i no longer have. its taking up 60gb and i need to...

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i delete a games files that i no longer have. its taking up 60gb and i need to...: its a world of warships file 5474634f-d939-42bb-bc1a-3e7bb3bf854a
  8. accidentally deleted save game file, how do i restore it? I deleted it from everywhere not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    accidentally deleted save game file, how do i restore it? I deleted it from everywhere not...: how to restore game file after its been deleted from everywhere on the console. 16d507d7-b869-4271-afa1-4bfd30007e5d
  9. Deleted a game through File Explorer but not Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleted a game through File Explorer but not Xbox app.: So I uninstalled Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege from file explorer but not the Xbox app and I cannot reinstall it. Steps I took to cause this problem, 1. Moved Rainbow Six to trash bin and...
  10. Can I delete MSIXVC file if the game is currently on my machine?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I delete MSIXVC file if the game is currently on my machine?: This is a very stupid way to download/use files, but I have a game (Destiny 2) that I believe is duplicated in MSIXVC and in my regular Windows Apps folders based on similar data size and looking...