How to Delete Corrupted DLC Folder

Discus and support How to Delete Corrupted DLC Folder in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A game's DLC's files are corrupted, which makes it impossible to play the game, giving me an error code saying that the game can't run because of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Leonardo Vasques, Apr 2, 2023.

1. How to Delete Corrupted DLC Folder

A game's DLC's files are corrupted, which makes it impossible to play the game, giving me an error code saying that the game can't run because of corrupted files. They don't show up as "Downloadable content" in Windows' Apps and Features, so I can't delete the data from there. And in Xbox app's page, it shows a frowning face. I can't manually delete the folder, because of the access restrictions of Xbox softwares. What else is there to do?

:)

Leonardo Vasques, Apr 2, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Leonardo, have you tried uninstalling the game completely from your PC?
  3. VibroPlex Win User

Am I being blonde? Where do you install downloaded content?

The DLC (DownLoadable Content) goes into the folder for the game in your storage device (hard drive or memory unity). If you ask about Call Of Duty I content, then it's in the Call of Duty folder under the Games and Apps folder.

Check in there; and if you see yellow symbols on the left of an item, it was corrupted in the download process and should be deleted and redownloaded.
  4. Hellrazr99 Win User

borderlands underdome dlc freezing xbox

I've been trying to get help from 2K and gearbox but neither has been of any help yet. Here is what 2K told me to try...

How to Troubleshooting DLC issues on Xbox 360 (General)

-Go to the settings hub on your dashboard.

-Select System

-Select Storage

-Select Hard Drive

-Select Games and Apps folder

-Select the DLC and delete it.

-Look in the folder for corrupted and incomplete data. You will

know it is corrupted by a yellow caution symbol or an exclamation point.

If anything is corrupted, please delete it.

-Back out of that folder and go into the gamer profile

folder.

-Select your gamertag and delete the profile only.

-Back out to the hard drive

-Select Hard Drive

-Select System Items

-Select Marketplace System Data and delete

-Select Rights Database and delete

-Back out to the Hard drive

-Press the Y button on your controller and clear the system cache,

-Press the Y button again and clear the system cache again.

-Turn off your Xbox and Turn back on.

-Select the silver guide button on your controller.

-Select download profile

-Type in your windows live id and password

-Your profile should start to download.

-Once downloaded, lets go to the settings hub again.

-Select Account

-Select download history

-Find the DLC and re download.

Just as everything else has failed so has this. When telling 2K their suggestion didn't work they said that the problem wasn't on their end and on their test console it worked fine so talk to Xbox.
  5. Hellrazr99 Win User

Underdome DLC download freezes system

Steps that I've taken include those you suggested, using a divverent hard drive, using and external hd, a flash drive, and this long list of steps that 2k suggested.....

How to Troubleshooting DLC issues on Xbox 360 (General)

-Go to the settings hub on your dashboard.

-Select System

-Select Storage

-Select Hard Drive

-Select Games and Apps folder

-Select the DLC and delete it.

-Look in the folder for corrupted and incomplete data. You will

know it is corrupted by a yellow caution symbol or an exclamation point.

If anything is corrupted, please delete it.

-Back out of that folder and go into the gamer profile

folder.

-Select your gamertag and delete the profile only.

-Back out to the hard drive

-Select Hard Drive

-Select System Items

-Select Marketplace System Data and delete

-Select Rights Database and delete

-Back out to the Hard drive

-Press the Y button on your controller and clear the system cache,

-Press the Y button again and clear the system cache again.

-Turn off your Xbox and Turn back on.

-Select the silver guide button on your controller.

-Select download profile

-Type in your windows live id and password

-Your profile should start to download.

-Once downloaded, lets go to the settings hub again.

-Select Account

-Select download history

-Find the DLC and re download.

Just as everything else has failed so has this. When telling 2K their suggestion didn't work they said that the problem wasn't on their end and on their test console it worked fine so talk to Xbox.

None of these steps/ actions have rectified the situation and I still am unable to dl the DLC
  6. Tomm_A Win User

How do I delete this corrupted game folder?

Hello OscarSeers,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to delete the game files for Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga downloaded from E drive. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

Here are the steps on how to delete all the game files:

• Open the File Explorer and navigate to drive E.
    • Find the folder where you installed the game. It should be something like E:\Program Files (x86)\Gamepass Games\common\LEGO Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga
    • Right-click on the folder and select Delete. Confirm the deletion and wait for it to finish.
    • Empty your Recycle Bin to permanently delete the game files from your drive E.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. How to Delete Corrupted DLC Folder - Similar Threads - Delete Corrupted DLC

2. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  3. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  4. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  5. Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?: I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have looked everywhere. why are my videos after 24...
  6. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  7. If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices: ( If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices ) Hi my brother have my account now and I wanted to delete some personal stuff. But he plays like 24/7 games. I just...
  8. Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?: Howdy. For the record I am playing from a pristine Fallout 3 Disc#2(to run the DLC on Xbox One) and have had very little issue over the years(for a Bethesda game lol) Saving in Raven Rock in...
  9. How do I delete this corrupted game folder?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I delete this corrupted game folder?: I downloaded Lego star wars skywalker saga on an external drive and after the unplugged (safety) next time I tried to play none of the gamepass games on there worked. For some reason Lego star...
  10. Can I delete hot wheels without corrupting my FH5 game on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I delete hot wheels without corrupting my FH5 game on xbox: Can i delete hot wheels add on without corrupting my FH5 data? 459d6178-dc23-450c-b400-f29f038ee57e