How to delete a profile associated with an email account

Discus and support How to delete a profile associated with an email account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently signed up for xbox live thru the website and tried to log in thru the console. I didn't realize that I cannot merge that account with my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PortalSnake980, Jan 5, 2014.

1. How to delete a profile associated with an email account

I recently signed up for xbox live thru the website and tried to log in thru the console. I didn't realize that I cannot merge that account with my current offline profile. Now it won't let me sign up for xbox live to my offline profile because the email
    address is already associated with another profile. How do I delete the profile associated with the email so I can add my original profile

:)

PortalSnake980, Jan 5, 2014
  2. GT_614
    GT_614 Guest
    Live account email

All

I've had a live account for years now but when I set it up I used my gmail email. I also have an local free profile for my wife that I set it up using my Live.com email account. My wife's account doesn't have a Live gold pass so it's just a free local account. Recently I signed up for a xbox Live Music pass about a month ago and I've been enjoying it so far (gmail account)....so to the Issue.
    I just got a new Windows phone. All sync'd up and working with my live email account. My music pass though is not showing up for my Live account so I can't sync up my playlist and such. There is also no option to "log in" to your music pass as it uses the account the phone is already setup with which is my Live account.

So how do I switch my music pass to be associated to my Live account? I've been trying for hours to just delete my Wife's free profile account so I can remove my Live email association but I can't figure out how. I do know that I'll have to change my XboxLive account name which is cool with me. But when I try to switch my account over it says My email that I want to use is already in used by a Xbox profile (Yeah, my wifes').

GT_614, Jan 5, 2014
  3. AndyP_666
    AndyP_666 Guest
    Can you sign in Xbox live with a different E-mail account?

yeah just create a new email address, go to xbox.com and change the email associated with your gamertag. heres the lnk for you.
    My account : Gamertag and profile

AndyP_666, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Dt Pembleton Win User

Is it possible to merge an offline profile with an online account?

So is it possible to delete & close the new live account that is associated with her email address so that I can then try again to take her current offline profile online and associate it with her email account?
  5. Player564121394 Win User

error code 80151014

if i delete my original profile wont it download new gamertag associated with email and i lose gold mem. ive downloaded profile and its new gt but havent deleted old gt.

is gold mem. stick with gt or email account?
  6. Spartan JJB Win User

Changing my windows Live ID

Thanks for the input!

I've checked the email I want to change it to, and yes there is an account associated with that, an automated gamertag like you mentioned.

Can I delete the account by recovering it on my xbox and then deleting the gamer profile??
  7. DigitalAssassin Win User

Cant create profile on 360.

Hey mate, so you previously had a profile on the console that was associated with an email address? If so you would need to use the download profile option by pressing the guide button on the controller while not signed-in to any profile.

-

See here for full steps on how to download your profile:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete
  8. XBF Javier R Win User

transferer un compte (transfer an account)

Hello JVDC1,

We understand that there is an email currently in use for your Xbox account that you would like to remove from your association.

Please attempt to follow our how to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account
    support article for information on how to switch the primary email for the account.

Doing this would allow you to remove the email, and then delete the account associated with that email.

Try this and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
Thema:

How to delete a profile associated with an email account

1. How to delete a profile associated with an email account - Similar Threads - delete profile associated

2. My xbox live profile was deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox live profile was deleted: My email was hacked, and another user has taken my Minecraft profile and is playing on it. How do I get this restored back to me? 2550d1ac-3606-4587-ab6f-7cb121617679
  3. How do I delete an XBOX live profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I delete an XBOX live profile?: My XBOX profile is OLD! It was set up with an old work email address which has long been out of commission. I mistakenly set up a new account, which is unused, with the email address that I want...
  4. How to delete Cloud Save Games of 360 games that save on your Xbox profile (not individual...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to delete Cloud Save Games of 360 games that save on your Xbox profile (not individual...: Hi, I'm asking for support regarding an annoying bug I have been running in to. I want to play this game Warhammer Space Marine 40k. This is a game that has save games tied to your profile (so...
  5. How can I add my Minecraft profile back and delete a hackers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I add my Minecraft profile back and delete a hackers?: My Minecraft account was recently hacked. I changed my Microsoft account password so they shouldn’t be able to access my account. But they added a nee profile to my Minecraft account and now my...
  6. Xbox hid all games and apps, and also deleted all profiles.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox hid all games and apps, and also deleted all profiles.: The console just decided to start acting funky a few days ago, freezing at random points and forcing me to restart the console, now after restarting it, it wouldn't launch if I put it into sleep...
  7. Need to delete xbox profile Microsoft created without my permission

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to delete xbox profile Microsoft created without my permission: I am in disbelief. I discovered I have an xbox profile created by Microsoft without my permission. Nothing on any of the support pages allow me to address this. By the way, I shouldn't be...
  8. XBOX profiles not me someone hacked my Account Please delete all Xbox please

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX profiles not me someone hacked my Account Please delete all Xbox please: Someone opened an Xbox profile on me, and I've never played the game in my life.Help 205cc1af-be19-4193-86f5-7f22d2c8f1f7
  9. Xbox 360 Profile Deleted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Profile Deleted: I've recently tried adding Xbox Live to my old xbox 360 profile. To make a long story short, I ended up deleting my old profile but NOT the items on this profile. I was initially okay with this...
  10. I want to keep Microsoft account, but I want to delete the Xbox & Skype profile associated...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to keep Microsoft account, but I want to delete the Xbox & Skype profile associated...: Xbox & Skype is automatically in my Microsoft profile; endlessly, waiting for me to create those accounts. I want only a Microsoft Account for my Windows, and the software that comes with it,...