How to delete a profile associated with an email account

Discus and support How to delete a profile associated with an email account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently signed up for xbox live thru the website and tried to log in thru the console. I didn't realize that I cannot merge that account with my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PortalSnake980, Jan 5, 2014.

1. How to delete a profile associated with an email account

I recently signed up for xbox live thru the website and tried to log in thru the console. I didn't realize that I cannot merge that account with my current offline profile. Now it won't let me sign up for xbox live to my offline profile because the email
    address is already associated with another profile. How do I delete the profile associated with the email so I can add my original profile

:)

PortalSnake980, Jan 5, 2014
  2. GT_614
    GT_614 Guest
    Live account email

All

I've had a live account for years now but when I set it up I used my gmail email. I also have an local free profile for my wife that I set it up using my Live.com email account. My wife's account doesn't have a Live gold pass so it's just a free local account. Recently I signed up for a xbox Live Music pass about a month ago and I've been enjoying it so far (gmail account)....so to the Issue.
    I just got a new Windows phone. All sync'd up and working with my live email account. My music pass though is not showing up for my Live account so I can't sync up my playlist and such. There is also no option to "log in" to your music pass as it uses the account the phone is already setup with which is my Live account.

So how do I switch my music pass to be associated to my Live account? I've been trying for hours to just delete my Wife's free profile account so I can remove my Live email association but I can't figure out how. I do know that I'll have to change my XboxLive account name which is cool with me. But when I try to switch my account over it says My email that I want to use is already in used by a Xbox profile (Yeah, my wifes').

GT_614, Jan 5, 2014
  3. AndyP_666
    AndyP_666 Guest
    Can you sign in Xbox live with a different E-mail account?

yeah just create a new email address, go to xbox.com and change the email associated with your gamertag. heres the lnk for you.
    My account : Gamertag and profile

AndyP_666, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Dt Pembleton Win User

Is it possible to merge an offline profile with an online account?

So is it possible to delete & close the new live account that is associated with her email address so that I can then try again to take her current offline profile online and associate it with her email account?
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

It is possible to switch the Microsoft account my Xbox account is connected to or switch the email of my Microsoft account to a different email that already has a Microsoft account?

Hi! My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Once an email address has been added to a Microsoft account, it cannot be associated with another account, even if you delete the account or remove the email.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to merge accounts or switch the account that's associated with your Xbox profile.
  6. Player564121394 Win User

error code 80151014

if i delete my original profile wont it download new gamertag associated with email and i lose gold mem. ive downloaded profile and its new gt but havent deleted old gt.

is gold mem. stick with gt or email account?
  7. DigitalAssassin Win User

Cant create profile on 360.

Hey mate, so you previously had a profile on the console that was associated with an email address? If so you would need to use the download profile option by pressing the guide button on the controller while not signed-in to any profile.

-

See here for full steps on how to download your profile:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete
  8. Spartan JJB Win User

Changing my windows Live ID

Thanks for the input!

I've checked the email I want to change it to, and yes there is an account associated with that, an automated gamertag like you mentioned.

Can I delete the account by recovering it on my xbox and then deleting the gamer profile??
Thema:

How to delete a profile associated with an email account

1. How to delete a profile associated with an email account - Similar Threads - delete profile associated

2. My modern warfare profile got deleted with none of my progress, levels, classes, and etc....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My modern warfare profile got deleted with none of my progress, levels, classes, and etc....: MW2 Progress not saved. I need help because I had MW2 for a while and played it a lot but then i didn’t play any of it for months. when i found out mw3 was out i was inspired to play war zone...
  3. If I delete a game on my profile will it delete on all profiles

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I delete a game on my profile will it delete on all profiles: If I delete Roblox on my profile will it delete from all the accounts bc1fce3e-0aac-4646-8b0b-2a68d771749f
  4. How can I access my online account if I've deleted my profile...get same

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I access my online account if I've deleted my profile...get same: My power pack died which resulted in loadsa problems for me .went into panic mode and pulled out me old 360 arcade to download profile..was not successful....got new power pack so went back to my...
  5. Where can I delete my XBox Profile from my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where can I delete my XBox Profile from my Microsoft account: I would like to delete my XBox profile from my Microsoft account as I no longer have an XBox, I do not use the XBox app on Windows and do not intend to ever play XBox games again....
  6. My MW2 and MW3 profile have been deleted please help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My MW2 and MW3 profile have been deleted please help me?: My modern warfare 2 and modern warfare 3 accounts have been greatly minimized from everything I bought I still had 1400 modern warfare money and it’s gone I also had about 30 different skins and I...
  7. Why did my profile for modern warfare 2 and 3 get deleted with all of my content I bought I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my profile for modern warfare 2 and 3 get deleted with all of my content I bought I...: Why did my profile for modern warfare 2 and 3 get deleted with all of my content I bought I was a level over 900 I play regularly why did this happen? Please someone help me find my account?...
  8. How do I download my deleted profile back from the 360 from the series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I download my deleted profile back from the 360 from the series X?: So, I was playing one of my Xbox 360 games and then it said I couldn’t connect to Xbox live. So then I accidentally deleted my profile to try and fix it. And now it won’t let me download it back...
  9. How to delete XBOX profile from my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to delete XBOX profile from my microsoft account: While trying to log in to the Minecraft website. It instantly created an Xbox account, which I do not need as I already have one on a different account. How do I remove this profile?...
  10. Xbox Accessories App isn't letting me delete or change/add elite 2 controller profiles on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App isn't letting me delete or change/add elite 2 controller profiles on PC: Xbox Accessories App isn't letting me delete or change/add elite 2 controller profiles on PC 2c4bf7e3-1540-4c10-9319-4cdb2683035a