How to DECREASE XBox Game Bar video quality?

Discus and support How to DECREASE XBox Game Bar video quality? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'd like to DECREASE XBox Game Bar video quality on Windows 11. The default settings (Windows logo key> Settings > Gaming > Captures> Video Quality)... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MarceloTodaro2, Jun 7, 2023.

1. How to DECREASE XBox Game Bar video quality?

I'd like to DECREASE XBox Game Bar video quality on Windows 11. The default settings (Windows logo key> Settings > Gaming > Captures> Video Quality) has no option to decrease it, the default option usually creates very large files (more than 1 GB in general). Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo

:)

MarceloTodaro2, Jun 7, 2023
  2. MarceloTodaro2 Win User

try obs as you can decrease the bitrate but the quality will diminish.
    It's a shame that Windows does not do it natively, but OBS Studio seems to be pretty good.

For general information, OBS Studio can be found in the Microsoft Store.

Thanks for the tip.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

try obs as you can decrease the bitrate but the quality will diminish.
  4. MarceloTodaro2 Win User

gamebar has 2 options, normal or quality, both will have large file sizes, most capture software creates large files depending on length. what length are your recordings.
    Thanks for replying.

Usually 30-40 min.

In that case, what freeware application/site do you recommend to compress the files?

Thanks.
  5. MarceloTodaro2 Win User

Thanks, Miguel. Actually, even the lowest options generate files larger than desirable.

For my purposes I need to use a third-party video compressor. Ideally, Windows should allow setting resolutions lower than 1080p for those who don't need high-quality videos.

Regards,

Marcelo
  6. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

To adjust video quality, go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Captures > Recorded Video.

Under Video frame rate, choose between 30 fps (frames per second) and 60 fps. Video quality controls both fps and bit rate or megabits per second (mbps).

Game clips are recorded at the video resolution specified in the game, up to 1080p. For games played at a higher resolution, game clips will be scaled down to the selected level. Higher quality and resolution generally requires the PC to work harder, which may decrease performance. Try them out to determine the best settings for your system.

Game capture settings

ms-settings:gaming-gamedvr

If you have any trouble following any steps or the issue persists let me know!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
Thema:

1. How to DECREASE XBox Game Bar video quality? - Similar Threads - DECREASE Game Bar

2. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  3. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  4. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  5. New Free Xbox Game!!!! Can´t wait to die. New platform game

in XboX Insiders
    New Free Xbox Game!!!! Can´t wait to die. New platform game: https://www.xbox.com/sv-SE/games/store/cant-wait-to-die/9MSR28JPFCGK/0010 Can't Wait to Die thrusts players into a thrilling platforming adventure where every moment is a precarious dance between...
  6. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  7. Volume decrease on right Dpad press

in XboX Insiders
    Volume decrease on right Dpad press: Every time I press right on the dpad whilst in game it decreases the headset volume and I have to go to settings to increase it. Obviously this causes issue when an action in a game requires...
  8. Will having a lot of games on my Xbox Series S decrease performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will having a lot of games on my Xbox Series S decrease performance?: Will having lots of games on my Series S decrease performance? Will the performance decrease if i have 50% of storage left? a8f7831a-877d-4086-bbdb-205d481d0f6d
  9. Is it normal that the FPS on my Xbox Series S console sometimes decreases?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it normal that the FPS on my Xbox Series S console sometimes decreases?: Hello, when I play Subnautica below zero, it is in this game that I sometimes notice small frame rate drops. Could you tell me if this is normal? The problem is only with this game. I must say...
  10. If I get 10 hour free trial for ea fc will the timer decrease if I’m not on the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I get 10 hour free trial for ea fc will the timer decrease if I’m not on the game: If I get 10 hour free trial for ea fc will the timer decrease if I’m not on the game 111d8e8b-3017-4361-b884-83033a01220c