How to convert a child account into an adult account without leaving the family?

Discus and support How to convert a child account into an adult account without leaving the family? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How to convert a child account into an adult account without leaving the family? a1caadc5-759d-4a7e-a1b1-3ba4fdf420d3 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Pseudofrank, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Pseudofrank
    Pseudofrank Guest

How to convert a child account into an adult account without leaving the family?

:)

Pseudofrank, Dec 22, 2022
  2. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Pseudofrank

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Pseudofrank

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue changing the child to an adult account. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

We truly appreciate your time and we would like to express our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience it has caused you and this is certainly not the situation we want you to be. If we can only do more to solve this problem, it just got to the point that there are things we can't control. I made research and I found out some steps on how to convert a child to an adult account.

We await your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Parent Request Login

It sounds like your account has been added to the FAMILY as a child account.

The best thing to do would be to log into your Account on the website and check the FAMILY status.

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

A Child account is not controlled by age in the FAMILY, but if it has been added as a child or adult account.

If you can find another account that has been set up as an adult on that account you could leave and ask them to re-invite you as a adult into the Family.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Transferring game progress, xbox ID to another family member in my microsoft account

Unfortunately there is not unless you just decide to give up your account to them and try to set that as a child account. I would just bite the bullet now so to speak and move them to a child account. I now its a hassle and your child may not be happy
    about it but it will make things easier on you in the long run. More than likely they will be able to recreate their progress fairly quickly.

The below may mess up what you have already done for the other child accounts.

1. Log in to Account.Microsoft.Com using the email address for the adult account
    2. Select family
    3. Under Family, select View your Family
    4. select leave family
    5. Sign out from the adult account
    6. Sign in using the parent account
    7. go back to family
    8. select add family member
    9. then select as a child
    10. please follow the same process upon converting another account to a child.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Redeemed minecoins code not showing on linked Ps4 account

A child account can't leave a Microsoft family until he becomes an adult, he needs to have access to the family organizer account
Thema:

1. How to convert a child account into an adult account without leaving the family? - Similar Threads - convert child account

2. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  3. Convert regular account to a child account OR set time limits on regular account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Convert regular account to a child account OR set time limits on regular account: I let my son use my Microsoft account for many years and he's accumulated a number of games, items, etc. on Xbox mostly. However, I have to be able to set time limits for him and we can't figure...
  4. How to convert an eligible child account to an adult?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to convert an eligible child account to an adult?: I would like to join the Sea of Thieves insider program but my account is flagged as a child. I have not been able to find a way to change it into a adult account. The program doesn't allow child...
  5. Can I convert my Microsoft account to a child account and create a new adult one for me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I convert my Microsoft account to a child account and create a new adult one for me?: Hi All My son has used my Microsoft account on Xbox for years and I'm getting to the point where I would like to have him on a child account so I can manage hours use etc. However I don't want to...
  6. Convertir un compte adulte XBOX en compte enfant ?[Convert an XBOX adult account to a child...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Convertir un compte adulte XBOX en compte enfant ?[Convert an XBOX adult account to a child...: Bonjour, Quand mon fils a eu sa XBOX, on a créé un compte "adulte" et il a commencé jouer. Puis il y a associé un abonnement XBOX live et un compte fortnite (!). Maintenant, je veux mettre en...
  7. Convert child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Convert child account: Hello, I ask you to convert my childrens account into an adult because I recently got an xbox one and got my account and suddenly it was a childrens account so I would ask you to convert it to an...
  8. Convert child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Convert child account: Hello, I ask you to convert my childrens account into an adult because I recently got an xbox one and got my account and suddenly it was a childrens account so I would ask you to convert it to an...
  9. how to convert child accounts to adult accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to convert child accounts to adult accounts: I do not want any restrictions on my child accounts... how to I set them as adults? I changed their birthday, but it wants me to prove it. I might just setup new accounts for my kids as adults....
  10. Old Xbox account need to convert to a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old Xbox account need to convert to a child account: Hi my son has been for sometime using an account on the 360 that I set up before he was born. Now he is older I would like to let him use it online. I have set up parental controls etc on the...