how to connect xbox360 & win7 media center?

Discus and support how to connect xbox360 & win7 media center? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; how to connect xbox360 & win7 media center? d224af26-2009-4357-8543-aa92e4048c5f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jjoewithehat, Nov 28, 2022.

1. jjoewithehat
    jjoewithehat Guest

:)

jjoewithehat, Nov 28, 2022
  2. blindabury Win User

XBOX 360 Extender

I have this same problem. I did redo the connection and used the code. Worked fine. But now, a day later, it consistently gives me the same error as above. In the event log it shows Error: 112 - The Media Center Extender session was terminated because Windows
    Media Center exited unexpectedly.

As above, I upgraded my PC from Win7 Pro with Media Center to Win8 Pro and added Media Center. I never had this issue before. Network connections are the same as they were previously.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?
  3. dMurph02 Win User

Media Extender Problem

Well, on a whim today, i rebooted the win7 box: no joy. Being a glutton for punishment, I did it agian: still no joy.

Having a lot of time on my hands, i booted into safe mode and then shut the machine down.

Restarted normally. Lo and behold: my problem disappeared. The xbox media center extender connected to the win7 machine and appears to be functioning normally.

Thanks for you consideration and help!
  4. OCRyzen Win User

having trouble setting up windows media center.

Talk to IceStorm III that keeps on going of course....

I will say this though... If your Xbox360 connects to the Internet via RJ45 or Wireless N, your Xbox360 extender should have NO problems connecting to your PC...

1. Open Windows Media Center on your Xbox360.. (It will look for your PC)

2. Select "Setup a New Connection" from the list on screen..

3. Keep on selecting Continue, until you see an 8 Digit Code to the right of screen.. (xxxx-xxxx)

4. Open Windows Media Center on your PC..

5. Go to the "Tasks Tab" under the TV Tab & Click on "Add Extender"

6. Click enter & type the 8 Digit Code from the Xbox360..

7. Wait until Windows Media Center, Configures & Authorizes your Xbox360 Extender & syncs it to your PC..

8. Click Finish & both your Xbox360 & PC should be in Windows Media Center..

9. Follow the Steps in Windows Media Center, to add Music, Movies or Pictures to your WMC Library..

_

Move on IceStorm III, as you know squat about it & IPv4 / 6 is used for ANY communication with LAN Devices, Including WiFi.....
  5. OCRyzen Win User

Yeah, you are right on it being visually turned off, when you block it in Network and Sharing, But the Media Center Extender uses it's own software, that installs & uses a secondary sub-script via Media Streaming & it shows in the Registry & has it's own
    CLSID + it is active in Services... Once you click turn Media Streming On, it will show the Xbox360 Media Extender & you Cannot remove the Extender while you are connected to Windows Media Center on your Xbox360... So it is using the Media Streaming Function
    from Windows Media Player etc.. Leaving Media Streaming Turned on will quicken the search time in the registry...
  6. OCRyzen Win User

That's why, you follow the steps I mentioned about turning Media Streaming on in Windows 7 via WMP & it shows the Xbox360 extender... You NEED Media Streaming turned on @ low-level OS coding & Windows Media Player is a part of Windows Media Center too Maestro....
    How do you think you watch videos in Windows Media Center....??????

Move On Already....
Thema:

1. how to connect xbox360 & win7 media center? - Similar Threads - connect xbox360 win7

2. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  3. my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help: my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help 4f01fe3d-d839-4674-8e0a-abef22f6c9b9
  4. Xbox Series X Won’t Connect to Xbox360 Emulator

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Won’t Connect to Xbox360 Emulator: Just a few weeks ago I was playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2009 version) on the Xbox360 emulator. I went to go play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 today on the emulator and it says that it...
  5. Xbox360 modus won't connect to Live while Xbox one can.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 modus won't connect to Live while Xbox one can.: I've read multiple posts about this issue already but I just can't find the right answer. So I'd like to play a backward compatible game on my xbox one S, but my profile can't be downloaded due to...
  6. Xbox360 Network Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 Network Connection Issues: Xbox360 was connecting to internet and Xbox live but we had a power outage and now it won't connect. Have already tried resetting the router multiple times, restarting the Xbox, etc. I have no way...
  7. I am trying to update my xbox360 with usb stick and internet but when i connect internet...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to update my xbox360 with usb stick and internet but when i connect internet...: Can you help me i can't update xboy360 with xboxlive internet connection 819d5813-a9d3-4940-a2ba-927d8fb54be0
  8. Sorry I cant connect to my Xbox360 settings and internet explorer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sorry I cant connect to my Xbox360 settings and internet explorer: Can you please help me with my Xbox360 settings bcos i want to start over * Converted to a Question and moved from Internet Explorer. 9ae0fbd2-44db-4be7-8a23-e0a19a88ccc6
  9. Cannot find help to connect my Xbox360 to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find help to connect my Xbox360 to the internet: Hello all, I am in need of assistance. I have my old Xbox360 in my living room connected to the television for my son to play Minecraft on. Somehow, it stopped being able to connect to Xbox Live....
  10. Xbox360 controller won't connect to pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 controller won't connect to pc: Hi there! I've been trying to connect my controller to my Win10 pc for a few days now. Any time I plug it in and turn it on, all four lights flash, and they'll keep flashing even if I leave it for...