How to connect to a hidden wifi network (Hidden SSID) on Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X

Discus and support How to connect to a hidden wifi network (Hidden SSID) on Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I found a simple solution in a YouTube comment (with zero likes) that surprisingly worked for me! I'm gonna copy/paste it, so it might help a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MassoodT, Jul 31, 2022.

1. MassoodT
    MassoodT Guest

How to connect to a hidden wifi network (Hidden SSID) on Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X

I found a simple solution in a YouTube comment (with zero likes) that surprisingly worked for me!

I'm gonna copy/paste it, so it might help a few people:

(the original youtube comment from user yikesoeV):

"to those struggling still, instead of this useless tutorial we have been so graced to get, what worked for me was typing the network NAME in the ssd area and exiting quickly before / right as the error message pops up. your network should be somewhere in the list to connect to normally. this worked for me, not sure about you all."

Personal note:

By cancelling/Exiting he actually means pressing the Xbox button and returning to the Network Settings page. I tried it a few times and it didn't work, because apparently I was doing it way too early. Simply enter your hidden SSID, wait a few seconds, press Xbox/guide button, return to Network Settings and the network name should be visible on the list so you can choose it and enter the password.

Hope it helps...

:)

MassoodT, Jul 31, 2022
  2. JerryCallo Win User

Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

The xbox series x/s is completely incapable of connecting to hidden wifi networks. There are various tricks/hacks people are using which may or may not work, but it is not supported natively.

I cannot connect to hidden wifi networks. It will not find my ssid when manually entered.
  3. 13150d90-b82f-4ad5-a Win User

How do I connect an Xbox One to an SSID that is not broadcasting it's name? (A hidden network)

>you are only making it harder for yourself to connect with your WiFi network

Connecting an Xbox One to a hidden SSID as been the only complication of having a hidden SSID so far. Everything else has connected just as fine as a normal SSID.
  4. taidara Win User

Xbox series x hidden wifi connection

Is there going to be an update to allow me to connect to my wifi that I like to keep hidden. I am able to connect to my wifi only when I broadcast my ssid. I have the Xbox series x BTW. It is the only device in my house that I cannot manually tell
    it the ssid and password. My old Xbox one and one s allow me to connect manually. Currently this cannot be done on the Xbox series x as far as I can tell.
    You do know that hidden SSIDs has no security means whatsover. It only sends a NULL bit for the cleartext name in every beacon. So, beacons will still be sent out and anyone with a simple spectrum analyzer will be able to see the BSSID of your AP.
  5. Sheisty Shebz Win User

cant find wifi threw xbox

Double check that the wifi network you trying to connect to isn't on a hidden SSID. If this is the case, you'll have to either unhide it on the router or type the network details in manually.

You can check if the SSID is hidden by logging into the router and checking the settings in accordance with manufacturer guidance or using a wifi enabled laptop/PC to scan for local networks to see if the SSID appears without previously being connected.
  6. StarFleetCom Win User

Cannot connect to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

I have been trying to work out why some people are able to randomly connect to hidden Wi-Fi networks, while others just aren't able to, no matter what.

What I have found is:

Series S/X cannot connect to hidden networks on a Wi-Fi 6 APs. It can connect on a Wi-Fi 5 AP with a bit of help. So, suspect driver issue on the Xbox.

Connecting to hidden SSID isn't straightforward:

Following onscreen prompts on its own does not work. In the Set up wireless network, you have to Add wireless network. However, this will not prompt for credentials (just bad coding - it assumes hidden = open auth). But, go ahead and enter the SSID anyway. After it tries to connect for a bit, press the Xbox button. This will make the menu jump back to General (pressing B doesn't work to go back). Go back into Set up wireless network, Now, in the list you should see your hidden SSID. Just select and enter your credentials.

(Getting the SSID to show up may not work on the first try. So try longer or shorter durations till it does - Only on Wi-Fi 5 APs)

Hope this helps everyone who has been having this issue.
Thema:

1. How to connect to a hidden wifi network (Hidden SSID) on Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X - Similar Threads - connect hidden wifi

2. Xbox party and game connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party and game connection issue: I’m currently at college and I’m trying to play Xbox with other people here. When we try to connect to an Xbox party nobody can connect and it gets disbanded. This occurs with some games like...
  3. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  4. My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect: I can watch YouTube but can’t load any games it just says I’m offline, I have tried Power cycling, unplugging Xbox and router and restarting I’ve soft reset and cleared alternative MAC address,...
  5. issue we found your console but cant connect

in XBoX on Windows
    issue we found your console but cant connect: Hello ..I cant stream xbox on my laptop,every time there is an issue we found your console but cant connect...i have 5g internet and i enadbled streaming on other devices on xbox...
  6. Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Trouble to Connect at PC: Hello everyone, hope you doing well, Im having trouble to connect my new controller on my pc. I tried if it works generally on phone and it’s connected normally. On pc unfortunately it does not...
  7. My Xbox one controller become unable to connect to PC, it's Driver become hidden

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one controller become unable to connect to PC, it's Driver become hidden: I have owning an Xbox one controller for a few years, just the Controller but not the console. the Controller is connect to PC via the USB cable and it's working fine until recently, I didn't use...
  8. Whenever I try to connect to my wireless network which is hidden, I type the SSID but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to connect to my wireless network which is hidden, I type the SSID but it...: Whenever I try to connect to my wireless network which is hidden, I type the SSID but it doesn't show me the place to type the password so how can I connect? 31a42145-91a2-485c-bc4c-266c82a718e1
  9. Cannot connect to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S: Can someone explain to me why Microsoft left this basic security feature out of the OS on one of their most popular pieces of hardware? 1dd7c0fa-912b-4473-b4a4-c717b6b53a9b
  10. XBOX ONE S CANNOT CONNECT TO HIDDEN WIRELESS NETWORK

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S CANNOT CONNECT TO HIDDEN WIRELESS NETWORK: Hi, I am having problems to connect my son's XBOX ONE S to a hidden wireless network on a dual band connection 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. A 4K console cannot see the hidden SSID in 2017 ! Why ? I could do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to connect xbox to a hidden network