How to connect old Xbox One controller with Windows Adapter

Discus and support How to connect old Xbox One controller with Windows Adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do I get my controller connected? I have a Windows wireless adapter and a Gen 1 Xbox One controller, but I can’t get them connected. The controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Common Mockery, Mar 3, 2023.

1. How to connect old Xbox One controller with Windows Adapter

How do I get my controller connected? I have a Windows wireless adapter and a Gen 1 Xbox One controller, but I can’t get them connected. The controller says it’s updated and it works wired, but I can’t get it to connect with the wireless adapter even after following instructions. Is there something I just couldn’t find?

:)

Common Mockery, Mar 3, 2023
  2. Shifted Screen Win User

Does the newer controller (with Bluetooth support) still be able to use the wireless receiver?

Yes, the wireless adapter works and is probably the preferred way to use the controller. Xbox One controllers connected to windows 10 PC's via Bluetooth cause a noticeable performance drop in games. Connect with a wire or the wireless adapter and the performance
    hit is not present. Funny thing is no other Bluetooth controller causes a performance drop in games. It is something specific to the Xbox One controller.

Edit - Oops, Just noticed how old this thread was...
  3. Shifted Screen Win User

Does the newer controller (with Bluetooth support) still be able to use the wireless receiver?

Yes, the wireless adapter works and is probably the preferred way to use the controller. Xbox One controllers connected to windows 10 PC's via Bluetooth cause a noticeable performance drop in games. Connect with a wire or the wireless adapter and the performance
    hit is not present. Funny thing is no other Bluetooth controller causes a performance drop in games. It is something specific to the Xbox One controller.

Edit - Oops, Just noticed how old this thread was...
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Does XBOX Elite controller have Bluetooth support

5. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox Adapter for Windows not connecting

Hi PC,

Thanks for updating us with your reply! The smallish button that is on the front of the controller is the "bind" or "sync" button that is used to wirelessly connect the controller to your console or, in this case, your PC via the wireless adapter. You may
    find the information contained in the following support articles helpful in troubleshooting any syncing issues you've been experiencing:

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

Set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

In regard to your other issue about one adapter working and the other giving you trouble, you may benefit from

performing a clean boot to your Windows 10 PC
    and then
    running the app troubleshooter on your Xbox Accessories app
    . This has a tendency to cure a few ills with things. You'll also want to ensure that your controller is updated and this may be done in the Xbox Accessories app while the controller is connected
    to the PC on a wired connection (cannot be done via Bluetooth or other wireless connection). How to update your Xbox
    One Controller on Windows 10

Give the troubleshooting a try and please let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out!
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

xbox controller not discoverable on bluetooth on windows 10

Hi there
    Tjalfe1,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with connecting the Xbox One controller to your PC.

I recommend taking a look at the following article:
    How
    to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

• Bluetooth requires a PC running the Windows 10. See
      Windows Update: FAQto
      learn how to get the latest Windows update.
    • For best performance, update your controller. See
      How
      to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10
    • Bluetooth is supported on PCs, tablets, and laptops. It is not supported on mobile devices.
    • Bluetooth does not support any attachments, such as headsets,
      chatpads, or the Xbox Stereo Adapter.
    • We recommend connecting only one controller at a time using Bluetooth.

If the issue persists, try reaching out to
    Asus Customer support
    for assistance with the Bluetooth Dongle. Have you attempted to connect another Bluetooth device? I would recommend to try using the

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10

Hope this helps.
Thema:

How to connect old Xbox One controller with Windows Adapter

1. How to connect old Xbox One controller with Windows Adapter - Similar Threads - connect old controller

2. How do you remove your old twitch that is still connected to your Xbox account when you...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you remove your old twitch that is still connected to your Xbox account when you...: I tried signing out on the twitch app but I’m still logged in when I got to the broadcast option 3baaf595-20b9-4612-ab34-456a3df3ac7f
  3. Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Microsoft account connected to PSN got deleted and can't play minecraft online: My microsoft account linked to my PSN account was accidentally deleted awhile ago and I haven been able to play minecraft online for a long time and there's no way to link a new one I don't know...
  4. R6 Connectivity issues on old gen Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    R6 Connectivity issues on old gen Xbox: Hey everyone, I’m on a 2017 Xbox series S and I keep getting booted from siege games to the Home Screen at the start of the game and thus keep getting banned. Is there a quick fix for this, or is...
  5. minecraft ps4 is connected to my deleted old nonexistent microsoft account what should I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    minecraft ps4 is connected to my deleted old nonexistent microsoft account what should I do?: I have deleted my old microsoft account a long time ago and Minecraft on my ps4 is linked to that nonexistent microsoft account and now I am unable to play Minecraft on my ps4. I understand that...
  6. My mincraft account is connected to an old microsoft account that i do not know

in XBoX Accessibility
    My mincraft account is connected to an old microsoft account that i do not know: I cant log into my microsoft account on minecraft becauseit is connected to an old account that i do not know 1d27fae4-d4ae-4406-a1b3-0ad227825c6a
  7. i need help with old xbox one that wont connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    i need help with old xbox one that wont connect to wifi: i need help i’m jus turning on a old xbox one i haven’t used in a couple years i reset it and now it will not connect to wifi it’s saying i’m putting in the wrong password but i’m sure im not i...
  8. Can I connect my old Microsoft account to a ps4 account after it was changed unknowingly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I connect my old Microsoft account to a ps4 account after it was changed unknowingly?: So I recently got Minecraft legends just to see what it was and I logged in with my main Microsoft email, however it changed what Microsoft account was connected to my ps4 account and I didn’t...
  9. I got a HDD from an old Xbox one S, tested it, deleted everything, and tried to connect it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a HDD from an old Xbox one S, tested it, deleted everything, and tried to connect it...: Xbox one S external hard drive. 8dee7f26-1477-4259-8a12-4256a52108dd
  10. Xbox won't connect to my TV, what do I do this Xbox isn't even that old maybe a few months

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't connect to my TV, what do I do this Xbox isn't even that old maybe a few months: My Xbox series S won't connect to the TV, I thought it was because of the HDMI but I've tried several HDMI cords and TVs. I'm wondering if it's the HDMI port because it doesn't completely look...