How to connect a Xbox 360 wireless controller on W10 without the official receiver?

Discus and support How to connect a Xbox 360 wireless controller on W10 without the official receiver? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've just got a Xbox 360 wireless controller but not the official receiver which is expansive. I would like to know how to pair it with a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shenmue is life, May 27, 2022.

1. How to connect a Xbox 360 wireless controller on W10 without the official receiver?

Hi,

I've just got a Xbox 360 wireless controller but not the official receiver which is expansive. I would like to know how to pair it with a bluetooth 5.0 universal receiver or a Xbox One/Series receiver.

The controller is not recognized by Windows 10, not even as unknown device in Device Manager.

:)

Shenmue is life, May 27, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

How to connect a Xbox 360 wireless controller on W10 without the official receiver?

The Xbox.360 did not use.Bluetooth but a custom rf.signal

This is why the receiver is.needed or.a Xbox 360

Xbox one first gen controllers also require a windows.receiver

It's only the gen 2 or current gen 3 (with the multi directional buttons rather then the 4 directional buttons on the older series )that work with Bluetooth
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Shenmue

Unfortunately you need to purchase a receiver that's compatible with Xbox 360 controllers, as the one that you have is for Xbox one / series X is not possible to make it work for Xbox 360 controllers
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 controller won't detect on a Windows 7 pc

Hi, are you connecting a wireless xbox 360 controller or a wired 360 controller, and are they official controllers?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Is there a drivers download for wireless Xbox 360 controller to PC windows 10

Hi,

There aren't any drivers to download for Windows 10 as the drivers for Xbox 360 controllers are already built into the OS.

The Xbox 360 controller uses its own type of wireless protocol, it's not Bluetooth and so it can't be connected to a PC directly without additional hardware. It needs an Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver for use on a PC. This receiver needs to be specifically for Xbox 360 controllers. The receivers for the Xbox One controllers won't work either.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop

Thema:

1. How to connect a Xbox 360 wireless controller on W10 without the official receiver? - Similar Threads - connect 360 wireless

2. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  3. My 360 isn't connecting to wifi wirelessly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 360 isn't connecting to wifi wirelessly: Xbox people that work at Xbox facility place un can you help me out with my problem with my slim model xbox360 for wireless connection with wifi... 6d5eeee4-2c50-4efb-a138-2fadbbc3d8fb
  4. Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?: Xbox 360 S console and controller begin the syncing process, but the connection fails and the light becomes static or stops blinking. I have tried using usb contoller, it works, but wireless...
  5. How do I connect my wireless xbox 360 controller to my windows 11 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I connect my wireless xbox 360 controller to my windows 11 pc: How do I connect my wireless xbox 360 controller to my windows 11 pc 61e36237-4e1a-45df-8326-6ea728100e5f
  6. My Xbox 360 won't connect to the wireless internet or mobile hotspot??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 won't connect to the wireless internet or mobile hotspot??: I recently got an xbox 360 with an wifi adapter and it's having problems connecting to the internet. When I try to connect to the internet it says - Network: failed Internet: blocked Latency:...
  7. How do you connect a xbox 360 wireless handheld microphone to the console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you connect a xbox 360 wireless handheld microphone to the console?: How do I connect a wireless x box 360 handheld microphone to the console? 30c699d2-6c1e-4d7a-825f-e39b4c65ac82
  8. Xbox 360 S won't connect to wireless wi-fi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S won't connect to wireless wi-fi: Does anyone know how to fix this or could this just be bad weather in my state? [img] 36513712-5787-4a9d-b838-8adf39c90ce0
  9. New Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with Xbox 360 S; help please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with Xbox 360 S; help please?: Hello, My new Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with my Xbox 360 S! I have tried all the troubleshooting steps that are on the Xbox and Microsoft websites but still cannot get it...
  10. 360 slim refuses to connect to wireless network, even after factory resets and clearing cache.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim refuses to connect to wireless network, even after factory resets and clearing cache.: Hello. I have connected to the internet a lot on this 360 in the past, and now it doesn't connect to the internet. I do the test but it ends right at the start, and says its unable to connect to...