How to connect a device (xbox series s) to family safety?

Discus and support How to connect a device (xbox series s) to family safety? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got some things straightened out on my family plan. But I'm still struggling with connecting the series s to the family safety. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Joe Dubbs, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Joe Dubbs
    Joe Dubbs Guest

Hello, I recently got some things straightened out on my family plan. But I'm still struggling with connecting the series s to the family safety. It says Add "child's name's" devices to get started. So, I looked, and it said to just sign into his account on the console and it should appear. But it does not.

I've tried removing all accounts from the Series S, then signing him into the Xbox and that still did not change the webpage from telling me to add him to get started. I'm kind of at a loss on what to do. Every time I try to remove all accounts from the Series S consoles, it still shows up on the screen time page as add device to get started telling me to simply log into the console using his account. But that doesn't do anything.

Just for clarity, I have my main account which has our Series X. My older son has a Series S console using another one of my emails. My youngest has his Series S console using my wife's email. Each account has its own game pass so sharing isn't an issue I'm worried about. At first when I would log into my account on the PC I would see my Series X and that was it. When I added my first older son's account to the family plan, that Series S started showing up but it did not show up again for the second one.

I know I should have looked into the family plan setup from the start but I didn't even know it existed until afterwards. If anyone can help me, I would be so appreciative.

Ideally I would like all consoles under my main account. When I changed my first Series S console it did come over to my main account but the second did not, nor did the PC, but I'm not too worried about the PC to be honest. I'm just mostly concerned about getting the device connected so that I can set up screen time for each console.

Thank you for your time.

:)

Joe Dubbs, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi Joe Dubbs,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today other than this account issue.

Just want to clarify here that you need help in establishing the following.

1. You wanted to create a Family Safety feature to your Xbox Series S consoles and on PC.
    2. You wanted to know about home Xbox and game sharing work and that your account be the main account in all consoles/devices.
    For item # 1: Add someone to your family group in the Xbox Family Settings app | Xbox Support or simply go to this link after understanding the article. Microsoft Family Safety. Let your account be the organizer.

For item #2: Set your account as Home console - How home Xbox and game sharing work | Xbox Support. Just a friendly reminder that an account can be a home console five times only. (See it in the article)

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Joe Dubbs,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. acald Win User

Family safety Details

Simply put, in a screen showing a device connected to Family Safety, display the IP Address and the SSID of the device.
  5. Shauna Boland Win User

Xbox device not registering in family safety app

Hi so I am the family organiser on my Microsoft account and I have my sons account added as a member on Microsoft safety app. Under his account there should be 2 Xbox devices. A Xbox 1 and and a series x Xbox. Neither of the Xbox devices are showing up under his account on family safety even though he is signed into both with his account.

However if he just logs into his Microsoft 365 account both devices show up. They are just not showing up on Microsoft safety app or website
  6. andrejsebul Win User

Can't change my privacy and online settings

Yeah, sorry. I logged into Microsoft family safety on my android phone. When I log in to my PC, it still says my account is not connected to a device, which makes it unable to change my settings (it says for Family safety features to work, my account has to be connected to a device).
Thema:

1. How to connect a device (xbox series s) to family safety? - Similar Threads - connect device series

2. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  3. Cant connect to wifi on Series X even though every other device in the house can

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to wifi on Series X even though every other device in the house can: Have owned the series.x for just under 6 hours. First impressions are that it is a complete pile of junk. Have never owned xbox consoles before and thinking I will ditch this one and go back to my...
  4. My Xbox will rarely connect to the WiFi even though every other device connects the Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox will rarely connect to the WiFi even though every other device connects the Xbox...: Xbox One s doesn’t connect to WiFi and won’t connect 9/10 times however every other device connects to the network straightaway this has also happened on 3 different networks...
  5. What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S?: What devices can be connected to the HDMI IN FROM SAT/CABLE connector on the xbox one S? Where can I see pictures of what I bring to it? 58077503-9396-4b70-ab59-d728e3e96585
  6. why when i connect my new wired gaming headsets it doesnt add the device or add the name,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why when i connect my new wired gaming headsets it doesnt add the device or add the name,...: when i connect my new gaming headset it doesn't has its own name to it or separate it from the windows default sound device it always goes to the windows default one and runs by that instead of...
  7. XBox One X works only on 1 port out of all the devices i've tried to connect it to

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X works only on 1 port out of all the devices i've tried to connect it to: Hi Everyone! I have the weirdest issue ever, i'm trying to figure out if i'm missing anything obvious. I have an XBox One X. I have a Samsung 4k TV with 4 ports (1 MHL, 1 ARC and 2 normal) I...
  8. TV says "Check Device Power" whenever i connect my Xbox Series X to my tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV says "Check Device Power" whenever i connect my Xbox Series X to my tv.: Today I turned my xbox on. My xbox is indicating it is on and it is working. My controllers can even connect to it but my TV is saying "check device power" even though the xbox and its hdmi cables...
  9. Is there a way to connect a Xbox to a different device other than a tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to connect a Xbox to a different device other than a tv: I broke my hdmi port and I need to hook up my Xbox some other way, i just need to be able to see the screen so I can connect it to the Xbox app 19720997-d81f-40c4-a11c-0fadc0f62656
  10. How do I fix "connected without internet" I solved it on most of my devices apart from my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix "connected without internet" I solved it on most of my devices apart from my xbox: So I had a problem were my wifi would say "connected without internet" and it was a pain but I solved it on most of my devices I just need help to fix it on my xbox one s...