How to change Xbox 360 privacy settings without an Xbox 360

Discus and support How to change Xbox 360 privacy settings without an Xbox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the black ops 2 season pass but when I try to install the content I get an error message saying premium content blocked for this profile. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Elramo22, May 26, 2023.

1. Elramo22
    Elramo22 Guest

I bought the black ops 2 season pass but when I try to install the content I get an error message saying premium content blocked for this profile. The issue is I can't change the privacy and online setting on my Xbox 360 because it no longer works.

:)

Elramo22, May 26, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

I understand. It seems the system has detected that your account is a child account or that the problem is usually related to parental control, you can try to disable the family control settings, on account.microsoft.com > Family.

If the problem does not resolve immediately after disabling "parental control", you can clear the Xbox cache and then restart for the changes to take effect.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Elramo22 Win User

The factory restart did not work when I tried it and the same error does occur for every DLC and add on
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

​​Thank you for the information.

If I may ask, does the same error occurs in other DLCs/addons or just specifically for Black Ops 2 Season pass?

Kindly try to perform a factory reset keep my games and apps.

Before we proceed with your Factory reset I just want to inform you that you will only choose Reset and keep my games and apps to make sure your saved data won't be deleted permanently and also all of the accounts that are set as home Xbox will be removed and all signed in accounts will be signed out from the console.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. Elramo22 Win User

My account is under a Microsoft family and I am downloading the season pass on a Xbox series X.
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response.

If I may ask, is your account under a Microsoft family?

Also, I just want to confirm, may I know which platform device are you using to install the season pass, is it on Xbox 360 or Xbox One console?

If it's on Xbox 360, kindly delete your profile > restart your console > and re-download your profile, here's how:

Here’s how you can remove any Xbox profile from your Xbox 360 console:

Go to Settings and select System.

Select Storage.

Note If you don’t connect any external storage devices to your console, select Hard Drive. If you do use external storage, select All Devices.

Select Profiles.

Select the Xbox profile that you want to delete.

Select Delete.

Select one of the following:

Delete Profile Only – This deletes the Xbox profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Restart your console.

And then proceed to re-download your profile

Here’s how to add your Xbox profile to any Xbox 360 console:

Press the Guide button  on your controller.

Select Download Profile.

Note Not seeing Download Profile? This means that you’re signed in under another profile. Press the X button  on your controller to sign out, confirm, and then select Download Profile.

At the bottom of the Download Profile screen, select Download Profile.

Enter the email address of the Microsoft account that’s associated with your Xbox profile. If you don’t know it, see the Lost Account Solution.

Enter your Microsoft account password. If you’ve forgotten it, you’ll need to reset your password.

Note If you have a child account, your parent’s Microsoft account information is required to download your Xbox profile on the Xbox 360.

If you use external storage on your console, select the storage device on which you want to save your Xbox profile. If you don’t use external storage, your Xbox profile will begin downloading.

After you download your Xbox profile, you’ll be asked if you want the console to remember your password.

If you want to sign in without being prompted for a password each time, select the Remember Password option. Keep in mind that when you choose this option, anyone who uses your console can sign in as you and use your account information. This includes any credit card information you might have saved.

Leave the Remember Password option unchecked if you want the console to require a password to sign in to your account. This is a good idea if others in your home can easily access your console, or if you downloaded your Xbox profile at a friend’s house.

Important If you downloaded your Xbox profile to another console and you chose the Remember Password option, you can remotely remove the password so that your Xbox profile can’t be accessed by someone on the other console.

Once it's done, try to check if you will be able to install the season pass.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/my...
Thema:

1. How to change Xbox 360 privacy settings without an Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - change 360 privacy

2. For some reason on the Xbox 360 dashboard when I go to change my theme it always freezes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason on the Xbox 360 dashboard when I go to change my theme it always freezes...: [img] It always freezes here EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post. 1062f26f-1c49-4932-9c3b-a310d9fecde6
  3. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  4. For some reason on the Xbox 360 dashboard when I go to change my theme it always freezes...

in XBoX on Windows
    For some reason on the Xbox 360 dashboard when I go to change my theme it always freezes...: [img] It always freezes here 1062f26f-1c49-4932-9c3b-a310d9fecde6
  5. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  6. If I log into an Xbox 360 will my custom profile picture be changed to something else or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I log into an Xbox 360 will my custom profile picture be changed to something else or...: So I’ve been buying some Xbox 360 games for my older cousin so that he can play them since he’s been on the Xbox 360 for a long time and I just want to know if I log on to his Xbox 360 what will...
  7. Can I use Microsoft account balance to change gamer tag on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use Microsoft account balance to change gamer tag on Xbox 360?: I was told buy “Yumi T” I think on Xbox partners chat that I could, then I double checked after I already bought and redeemed the gift card (im stupid for that), and someone else said I couldn’t…...
  8. how do i change -personalize the background theme on a 360 console

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i change -personalize the background theme on a 360 console: i have an original 360 elite console from about 2012 maybe , googled how to do it but every anser it says to do the menues arent listed on my console. Like - Profile & system > Settings > General...
  9. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  10. name change for xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    name change for xbox 360: so, I have an Xbox 360. but I'm not sure if the new guidelines will change or remove the gamertag name purchase once we hit july 29,2024. I don't see anything on this on Xbox support, i am looking...