How to change the Microsoft account associated with Xbox Live profile.

Discus and support How to change the Microsoft account associated with Xbox Live profile. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey! So lets say I want to change the Microsoft account connected to my Xbox account, is there an easy way to do this without deleting or deactivating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Doombox101, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Doombox101
    Doombox101 Guest

Hey! So lets say I want to change the Microsoft account connected to my Xbox account, is there an easy way to do this without deleting or deactivating my accounts?

For the most part the only thing I could find was changing your email, but I'm not sure if that would deactivate the Microsoft account I'm using or keep them connected and simply change the email connected to both accounts.

The reason why I want to is because the Microsoft account I'm using is also in use by other people, and I want to be able to use my own Microsoft account without having to give up my Xbox account.

:)

Doombox101, Aug 13, 2020
  2. r0kr Win User

xbox live profile

3. Uh Huh Excuses Win User

Switching the email connected to my gamer tag.

Hello GrungyKnight637,

I understand that you want to change the Email Associated with your Xbox Live Gamertag. To make the transition easy and painless you should contact Xbox Live Customer Support at
    1800-4MY-XBOX. They will be able to help assist you on recovering your GamerTag and changing the email associated with your Xbox Live Profile.

If you figure out your own information, here is a link to change your email associated with your Xbox Live Profile.

Click here -> "Change Email Address Associated with you Xbox Live Profile"

Xbox Live Ambassador
  4. maxen Win User

Question about changing email

To confirm: you're wanting to change the email address (Microsoft Account) associated with your Xbox Live profile?

In which case, everything remains associated with the Xbox Live profile (purchases, gamerscore, game history, friends, current subscriptions and so on), it's just the underlying MSA (Microsoft Account, the email address) which gets changed.

However, the funds remain on the old MSA so do not get transferred to your new one, so this will no longer be associated with your Xbox Live profile. The funds should remain accessible on the current/old MSA, but do no transfer across along with the Xbox
    Live profile.

Let us know how you get on and/or you have any further questions.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cambio de cuenta de correo asociada al gamertag

6. Adudeinamood Win User

Hey! So, multiple people have encountered this, so ill post the steps a fellow ambassador by the name of SteeledWand7664 posted before!

A1= Account 1 with the xbox profile that you want to keep

A2= Account 2 with the email that you want to keep and put on your profile that is linked to A1

So as long as the email that is linked to A2 is not a MS server email (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN, or Live.com) email then this is going to be possible.

Keep in mind the only thing that is changing is the email that is used to sign into the account with ALL purchases for MS including any Office, Xbox or anything like that is linked to the MS account itself. So if you have any purchases like that linked to
    A2 and you make this change they will not then be linked to A1 they will still be linked to A2.

So with that being said the way to do this and IF the email on A2 is NOT a MS server email follow these directions.

1. Sign into A2 at account.live.com/addassocid and choose the first option to create a new MS email (Outlook.com) This will put another email onto A2 as a place holder so that we can remove the original email that is on that account.

2. Once added make this new email the primary email for A2.

3. Once the new email is the primary email you can then remove the email that you want associated with A1. DO NOT REMOVE THIS EMAIL IF IT IS A MS SERVER EMAIL BECAUSE IF YOU DO IT WILL DELETE THAT EMAIL AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT BACK AND THERE
    IS NO ONE ANYWHERE THAT WILL BE ABLE TO GET IT BACK FOR YOU.

This will then free up that email so that you can add it to A1 as an alias.

4. Sign out of that account.

5. Sign into A1 at account.live.com/addassocid and choose the second option to add an existing email to your account (A1) add it and then you can make it the primary email and either keep the other email on the account or you can remove that email from the
    account.

Let me know if this helps! :)
Thema:

1. How to change the Microsoft account associated with Xbox Live profile. - Similar Threads - change Microsoft account

2. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  3. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  4. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  5. how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft: Ze********* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** """remove PII.""" """moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming """ f806951e-f754-42a4-892c-86db89f21b75
  6. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  7. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  8. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  9. Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?: Hello My microsoft account was taken. The email was switched and the number was deleted. I have no other way to sign in that Microsoft is asking for to get it back. Is there any other sign of hope...
  10. I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.: Hello. I'm trying to sign out of a Microsoft account and use a new one for my xbox account. However, I don't know where to start and I've heard that you really can't due to them being linked....