How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi?

Discus and support How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi? How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by EatingKibbles97, Sep 13, 2017.

1. How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi?

How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi?
    How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi? Right now it's utilizing IPv4 to connect, but I need to change it.

:)

EatingKibbles97, Sep 13, 2017
  2. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    CANT CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK

Is your router using certain security settings? Like only allowing known MAC addresses to join the WiFi? Or are you using a special WiFi authentication method that's different from WEP/WPA? For example, if you live in an apartment complex or student dorm,
    where you need to enter special credentials to connect to the WiFi?

What exact make and model is your WiFi access point?

Arminator, Sep 13, 2017
  3. How do I change my routers security protocol?

How do I change my routers security protocol?
    I just moved into my college dorms and it says my consol supports WPA/WPA2 and WPE security protocols and my router is using something else and I need to change it can I do it from my Xbox or am I screwed?

SLEDDER4LIFE18, Sep 13, 2017
  4. Arminator Win User

CANT CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK

Is your router using certain security settings? Like only allowing known MAC addresses to join the WiFi? Or are you using a special WiFi authentication method that's different from WEP/WPA? For example, if you live in an apartment complex or student dorm,
    where you need to enter special credentials to connect to the WiFi?

What exact make and model is your WiFi access point?
  5. DickieAnderson Win User

change network security protocol - change router config?

I'm trying to connect a network to my xbox but it's not letting me and this is the message that keeps popping up, "This console supports WPA/WPA2 (personal), WPA2 (personal), and WEP network security protocols,
    but your router is using something else. You'll need to change your router configuration." So I want to know how can I change my router's security protocol so I can connect to the wifi?
    how to change my router configuration on my xbox one
  6. AirBishop4 Win User

networkhardware

I'm trying to connect a network to my xbox but it's not letting me and this is the message that keeps popping up, "This console supports WPA/WPA2 (personal), WPA2 (personal), and WEP network security protocols, but your router is using something else.
    You'll need to change your router configuration." So I want to know how can I change my router's security protocol so I can connect to the wifi?
  7. brianreed4 Win User

change network security protocol - change router config?

I'm trying to connect a network to my xbox but it's not letting me and this is the message that keeps popping up, "This console supports WPA/WPA2 (personal), WPA2 (personal), and WEP network security protocols,
    but your router is using something else. You'll need to change your router configuration." So I want to know how can I change my router's security protocol so I can connect to the wifi?
  8. iBakez Win User

Impossible to use live with WPA2-AES?

thats the security protocol for your wifi network - you would need to log in to your router and change it from wpa2-aes to another protocol
Thema:

1. How to Change Router's Security Protocol to MAC address so I can use apartment complex's wifi? - Similar Threads - Change Router's Security

2. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  3. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  4. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  5. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  6. Info about changing my router security protocol

in XBoX on Consoles
    Info about changing my router security protocol: Why doesn't Xbox one accept my wi-fi f248937a-345f-4bff-a574-3abeb6a59da4
  7. How do I change my routers configuration

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my routers configuration: I’m trying to connect to my university’s WiFi but it says that because it’s not WPA/WPA2 or WEP it won’t do it 99728f5e-792e-4118-a748-ffaefea56b6a
  8. I can't change Teredo or IPv6 settings on my Alcatel CAT7 linkhub wi-fi router

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't change Teredo or IPv6 settings on my Alcatel CAT7 linkhub wi-fi router: Hi, I'm trying to play on Destiny : The Collection and I can't sign into the servers, I can play on every other game I have no problem, but I'd like to know if it's possible to access Teredo and...
  9. How di change router from ipv4 to ipv6

in XBoX on Consoles
    How di change router from ipv4 to ipv6: How can I change router from ipv4 to ipv6 83a348c3-1c3b-4e2b-8a8b-6190a16f43c5
  10. Charter Communications: How do I Chang my router to IPv6

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Charter Communications: How do I Chang my router to IPv6: Charter Communications (ISPs): How do I Chang my router to IPv6 For this you should contact your net provider. You need a public IP to get IPv6 ddc1e669-d75d-4400-8369-b984d801cbd8