How to change country/currency when buying a gamertag change?

Discus and support How to change country/currency when buying a gamertag change? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been trying to buy a gamertag change but xbox automatically assumes that I'm an American and the only currency available is the dollar. It won't... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CosmicCosmic, Nov 17, 2021.

1. CosmicCosmic
    CosmicCosmic Guest

I've been trying to buy a gamertag change but xbox automatically assumes that I'm an American and the only currency available is the dollar. It won't let me change my country or currency. I've updated my country in my MS profile and added a payment method that includes my country and debit card. This payment method won't appear when changing gamertag, however. How can I change this information so I can buy the gamertag change?

I am on PC and don't have an Xbox console.

Thank you in advance.

:)

CosmicCosmic, Nov 17, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

In the lower left corner of the page you have to change the region for your country. Depending on the region you are in you will pay using the currency of that country.
    https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag
  3. onyxishere Win User

Purchased 25 eur card not working.

Currency is limited to the country that it is used in. If your gamertag is set to England then you cannot use the currency card that you purchased in your country. You would actually need to change your region in order to make use of that currency.

support.xbox.com/.../change-region
  4. onyxishere Win User

Why Can't i Change My Billing Options to Canadian

Is your gamertags region set to Canada or a different country? If it's set for a different country (ie. US) then you will need to change the region of your gamertag to Canada in order to use currency that you've purchased.

support.xbox.com/.../change-region
  5. onyxishere Win User

Microsoft-Account

Sorry but currency codes are limited to the countries that they were originally intended for. For instance, the currency you have in NOK can only be used for the account when its region is set for Norway. The same would go for the Dutch currency.

If you purchased the code online you were probably not informed of the country the code was meant for.

Be aware that if you change the region of the gamertag that you cannot change it back for 90 days. Also, some items cannot be downloaded to a region that it was not originally intended for.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Two MS accounts on the same gamertag?

Sorry but currency is limited to the country from which it was purchased and cannot be changed. You run in to a couple of issues with what you've done here.

1. The gamertag needs to be set for the region (country) that the currency is for in order to use the currency. You can only change the gamertag's region once every 90 days.

2. Even if you were able to use the currency to purchase something you run the risk of not being able to download the item due to region issues. Some items cannot be downloaded because of the differing IP addresses.
Thema:

1. How to change country/currency when buying a gamertag change? - Similar Threads - change country currency

2. I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country: When I click on edit profile information all the boxed are dark grey and uneditable. I need to change this from United States to United Kingdom My Microsoft account won’t link with my Xbox...
  3. Why can’t I change my country/region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I change my country/region?: Hi all, For some reason my country/region is set as the United States. I only became aware of this when trying to add a Microsoft voucher into my account. I am from the United Kingdom and want to...
  4. How do i change my xbox location when the country in the address is greyed out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my xbox location when the country in the address is greyed out?: I have managed to change my xbox location, but when i try to add in a new payment option, it doesnt let me change my country in the address section. So, i cannot add a new local payment option and...
  5. Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot change country/region when attempting to add payment method for xbox game pass: I'm trying to sign up for XBOX game pass, but I can't change the country/region when doing so. I'm not in the US, and Game pass is available in Norway. The drop-down menu to change the...
  6. Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their...: I want to gift a game to a friend in another country but can't, so I'm wondering if it will work, if I change my region to their country, and then gift them the game ? Or does my IP also have to...
  7. How to change a gamertag when the country/region field is grayed out during payment?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change a gamertag when the country/region field is grayed out during payment?: Hey all, Hope you're doing great! I'm trying to change my Gamertag, so it doesn't have the numbers appended to it (something that wasn't well explained when I first changed it for free). I have...
  8. My country has been set as US even though I'm in the UK and I can't change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My country has been set as US even though I'm in the UK and I can't change it: When I go to edit my profile information the country is greyed out. How can I change it? e010606f-b093-4ae4-bd13-616967de4577
  9. Please can I get help changing country/region for payment purposes :)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please can I get help changing country/region for payment purposes :): Hi, I would like some help to change my tweens country/region for payment purposes. We live in New Zealand and I have a New Zealand credit card and address attached to his account. However, when I...
  10. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.: When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Indonesia. I have seen this problem around before but no fixes that work...