How To Change Account From A Child Account When Not In A Family Group.

Discus and support How To Change Account From A Child Account When Not In A Family Group. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am over 13yrs and my parents allowed me to create a Microsoft account but I account has been put to a child account and I can't move out of it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Adekunle Goodness, Sep 3, 2022.

1. How To Change Account From A Child Account When Not In A Family Group.

I am over 13yrs and my parents allowed me to create a Microsoft account but I account has been put to a child account and I can't move out of it because none of my parents have a Microsoft account and we don't have a family group. So please how do I fix this account problem.

:)

Adekunle Goodness, Sep 3, 2022
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

I need help removing child consent

You can remove an account from a family group. The account will still exist, but it won't have the benefits or restrictions it had when it was within the family group. To remove a member from your family group, you must have an adult account, and be the
    one who gave consent.

1. 1
      Go to family.microsoft.com.
    2. 2
      Sign in with your Microsoft account, then:
      • To remove a child, scroll down and select Manage my child's profile info, select the child, select Remove consent for this child's account, and confirm. Then, go back to your family’s page, and under the child’s name, select More
        options > Remove from family, and confirm.
      • To remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, verify the account.
      • To remove an adult, under that person's name, select More options > Remove from family, and confirm.
      • To leave the family group if you’re the only adult in the family, remove all children first, then find your name, select Leave family, and confirm. You must be over the statutory age to remove yourself.
      • If you're incorrectly listed as a child when you're an adult, see How to change a birthdate on a Microsoft account.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ADEKUNLE

If you aren't an adult the system is going to restrict automatically your privileges until you're an adult (based on the birth year that you used when you created your account for the first time)

You may need to ask to your parents to create a Microsoft account and then add you to their family group and give you all the permissions from there
  4. Adekunle Goodness Win User

Please, I've been having this problem for a while now.
  5. Salmoro Win User

Still have a Xbox Child account - I changed it years ago?

Hi

If your account was before a Child account as a part of a Family Group, You'll have to add yourself again into a Family as a Child account. You must use another account as Parent, then after you add your account as Child, you make the privacy changes in
    your account through the Parent account. Afterwards; you can remove your account from the Family.

If you don't have another account to make it as Parent, you must create a new one.

The Parent account is Organizer , the Child account is a

Add a member to Family Group

Remove a member from a Family Group

Change Privacy Setting on Child account
  6. Salmoro Win User

Changing to parent account

Hi Johan

I assume that you have issue with changing Privacy Settings in your account. So, If your account's already added into a Family Group you will need to change the Privacy Settings in your account (Child account) through the Parent account (Organizer). You
    will find steps how to do that here.

Otherwise, as a workaround, I suggest that you add your account into a Family Group as Child Account. then make the changes in the privacy settings ( follow the link above). afterward remove your account from the Family Group. Remember, you
    will need another account to use it as Parent account (Organizer) to create the family group. You will find steps here.
Thema:

1. How To Change Account From A Child Account When Not In A Family Group. - Similar Threads - Change Account Child

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  7. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  8. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  9. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....
  10. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?: How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please include step by step instructions. Under the...