How to capture party chat audio in Xbox screen captures?

Discus and support How to capture party chat audio in Xbox screen captures? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a few clips from last year where the voices of the people who were in my party at the time could be heard. Why doesn’t my xbox still do this? I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Eliot L., Feb 1, 2023.

1. Eliot L.
    Eliot L. Guest

I have a few clips from last year where the voices of the people who were in my party at the time could be heard. Why doesn’t my xbox still do this? I often play with my friends and have moments where I wish I could capture a funny thing my friend said or simply be able have the party chat audio in the background of a screen capture. It is such a simple functionality that I don’t understand why you guys at Microsoft have either made it incredibly hard to find, or simply not included. Either way, I have clips from last year where party chat is included with the game audio. Please explain how I can enable this feature once again. Thanks

:)

Eliot L., Feb 1, 2023
  2. MXR Alpha Elite Win User

recording in party

To be able to record party chat audio you will need an Elgato or anything external capture card as that will capture any audio on your Xbox (Party, Game, All audio)
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Eliot. as you may know the community is public and unfortunately as independent consultants we are unable to provide this type of feedback to Microsoft.

The ideal in this case would be to use the former Uservoice, that now works on Insider on the Reddit platform to make this recommendation to Microsoft.

Insider

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/
  4. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

Adding Voice Chat to Game captures

You will need an Elgato or anything external capture card as that will capture any audio on your Xbox (Party, Game, All audio) you will have to turn the party chat to speaker and headset. To do this go to, Settings > General > Volume & audio output.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Unable to add voice in captures

Hi HeatedZara,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no native way to add microphone audio to clips and captures through the Xbox. Videos with audio from the Microphone and party chat are usually captures with external capture cards or added in using editing
    software.

I hope this answers your question.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Broadcast xbox party from xbox game bar on pc with console players

Connect your Xbox console to your PC using an Elgato HD60S+ capture card. You can do this by connecting the HDMI output from your Xbox to the HDMI input on the Elgato HD60S+ and then connecting the Elgato HD60S+ to your PC via USB.

Open the Xbox Game Bar on your PC and start a party chat with your Xbox friends.

In Streamlabs, add your Elgato HD60S+ as a video capture device by selecting "Video Capture Device" under the "Sources" tab.

Once your Elgato HD60S+ is added as a source, right-click on the source and select "Properties."

In the "Properties" menu, select "Configure Video" and make sure the "Custom" option is selected.

In the "Custom" menu, set the "Audio Input" to "Capture audio only." This will capture all audio from your Elgato HD60S+ including your Xbox party chat audio.

Start your stream in Streamlabs and your Xbox party audio should now be included.
Thema:

1. How to capture party chat audio in Xbox screen captures? - Similar Threads - capture party chat

2. Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P: Some time ago i changed my display resolution to 1440P and the captures are lagging really bad I did a factory reset and i changed my capture resolution from 1080P to 720P hoping it would help...
  3. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  4. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  5. Captures not loading

in XBoX on Windows
    Captures not loading: Captures are not loading for me to see them or upload them. 2beeb1ba-4492-4bf1-8810-064405325522
  6. My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My captures won't even load up so I can see them for myself on my xbox what do I do?: All of my stuff is good besides the fact that when I click my recent captures to see them I just get an infinite loading circle. e5df8d31-83c9-4bf6-aa42-b884bd03ad1a
  7. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  8. How do I capture game chat or party chat in a capture?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I capture game chat or party chat in a capture?: Other consoles and PC players are able to capture game chat and party chat in captures and streams. Why is xbox not able to do this, even with a series X? 22425e9f-4c27-4ac9-9678-a12449784a0b
  9. Is there a way to record party chat with the capture option?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to record party chat with the capture option?: How can I record party chat audio 259a0d1b-caab-4bf9-b134-c7b1e369b4a1
  10. Capture Game/Party Chat.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Capture Game/Party Chat.: Does anyone know when we are going to be able to capture game/party chat this is stupid that it isn't available on the new series S/X. 5326c68f-3d52-42bb-8e8c-996a51eeea42