How to balance performance and battery life?

Discus and support How to balance performance and battery life? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, so I have a new Surface Laptop 5, and I wanted to know if there is a way to run some light games at a decent performance and have a good... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thaddayyus, Jan 14, 2023.

1. thaddayyus
    thaddayyus Guest

Hi all, so I have a new Surface Laptop 5, and I wanted to know if there is a way to run some light games at a decent performance and have a good battery life? I'm running Persona 5 on this, and the battery life goes down really fast, despite the performance being great. I wanted to know if there was a way to make the battery life last longer and have at least a playable performance in the game, since battery saver makes it lag a lot. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

thaddayyus, Jan 14, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Thaddayyus, the only way would be if the game has performance mode in internal settings.

Some games like Fortnite, for example, you can put in performance mode and this requires less hardware from your PC.

There is also the power settings of windows itself.

Maximize your Surface battery life

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/max...

Best practice power settings for Surface devices

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/maint...
  3. konsoleking247 Win User

Best AA batteries for Xbox One controller, Scuf one and Canon and Sony Digital Camera

I found these batteries "The Extended Battery Life " to be perfect for gaming and also Digital Camera usage taking pictures or shooting High Res video, I am a Hardcore gamer and plays atleast 8 hours per day and I also found the batteries you mentioned above
    to perform poorly.

Here's a picture of my controller with the Extended Battery Life AA batteries in it, hope this helps.
  4. Mister Urkel Win User

How to check battery life?

Hey Jenks,

Sorry for the disconnect issues while playing your game. Its not a fun one to experience. As of right now there is no battery display yet on the console. I believe the illuminated Xbox home button will flash when the battery is low but that is still a theory.
    I have mine charging after I am done playing for a day or so.

Reach back and let us know if this works and if you have any further questions we can help with.
  5. MrK1ngB33 Win User

System update finally rolling out....

I got it !! but confused on how to see the controller battery life?? how do you see that
  6. Paraffin Alien Win User

Battery Life

Start your gaming session with a full battery and always keep a fully charged spare by your side. Common sense really.
Thema:

1. How to balance performance and battery life? - Similar Threads - balance performance battery

2. Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.

in XboX Insiders
    Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.: I would be curious what first stage game testing and development looks like. I am a professional in the mental health field and like to game. My issue is that at the end of a work day I am...
  3. Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help: Hello I put on a 20 dollar gift card on my Xbox but the balance isn't showing please help 87b69d64-4874-4212-8664-2a07504ba6d2
  4. why cant i use microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i use microsoft account balance?: I have a microsoft account balance and when i try to pay the remaining on my debit card it authorises a payment of the full amount rather than using my microsoft account balance. how do i fix this...
  5. Microsoft account balance not showing up on the Microsoft store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account balance not showing up on the Microsoft store: I am trying to use my account balance to pre-order an Xbox game on the website and it is not showing up when I select a payment method. The game is only available to pre-order on the website, so I...
  6. My account balance is positive (and enough) but when I click to buy v-bucks it’s showing as...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account balance is positive (and enough) but when I click to buy v-bucks it’s showing as...: I’m trying to buy v-bucks for my son. The Microsoft account is showing £18.00 but when he goes to purchase it gives the option of buying with Microsoft balance of £3.01 …. How can I sort this...
  7. Balance issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Balance issues: I added money to my sons account. It shows two lots of £10 added in the transaction list when logged in on line and when viewed in the family app. However it only shows the £20 balance on line and...
  8. when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?: Hello, I preordered a game that comes out on February 2 of this year, but the Microsoft account balance doesn't show a change, I preorder the game in November, I read that it charges immediately...
  9. Microsoft account balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account balance: My child is asking to buy something on Fortnite for £17. 49 They have £20.02 in their account and when they ask for approval I then approve and then get asked to add more funds ? Why ? And how...
  10. Balance gift card turkey

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Balance gift card turkey: I purchased a trukey balance gift card and i have it in my account and when i try to purchase something i got this error Change your Store region The region where your payment option is issued...