How to Adjust, Calibrate or Tune the Joysticks on Xbox One Wireless Controllers for Windows?

Discus and support How to Adjust, Calibrate or Tune the Joysticks on Xbox One Wireless Controllers for Windows? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Regarding this model: https://i.imgur.com/RRdycYh.png I have seen a few forums with similar questions and no response that works for me. So I will... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SamMedly, Dec 7, 2021.

1. SamMedly
    SamMedly Guest

How to Adjust, Calibrate or Tune the Joysticks on Xbox One Wireless Controllers for Windows?

Regarding this model:

https://i.imgur.com/RRdycYh.png

I have seen a few forums with similar questions and no response that works for me. So I will take some time to clearly describe what I want to do. I want to adjust the sensitivity of the joysticks so I can get maximum precision near center and maximum speed near the edge.

One common response I saw in the forums is telling users to adjust sensitivity in games. The problem here is the sensitivity curve shifts up and down, making either slow movement at the edge or twitchy fast movement near the center. This is not a solution. I made this chart to illustrate.

https://i.imgur.com/4FC21Ky.png

This chart shows how I want to adjust sensitivity.

https://i.imgur.com/TCzEiu5.png

or even better; full control of the profile with many adjustment points

https://i.imgur.com/qRktILf.png

Thank you.

:)

SamMedly, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

That could be an option for future devices, current devices won't support this as it's a different hardware, so you still will need to change your current device for this option to be available for you and also probably the cost of this device will increase

The porpuse of my previous answer it's to share with you that it's not possible currently and you won't be able to do it, but that if you actually need to have this will be neccesary a different device
  3. SamMedly Win User

Saying what I requested to do is possible for a different product is not a solution. Please ask those Joystick people to talk to those controller people and add this option.
  4. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

As mentioned, normal controllers do not support these settings. Elite controllers only.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi SamMedly! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Its possible to adjust the response curve on the joystick for Xbox Elite controller but not for regular Xbox controllers, this can be done on the accessories app from Xbox
  6. JA2620 Win User

Hello, i can not find my app xbox accessories for my joystick

The Xbox Accessories app is located under the My Games and Apps section > Apps > Xbox Accessories. If it is not there you may have to download the app from the store or check under ready to install.

In this app you can map controller buttons and adjust settings. Note that joystick calibration is a feature of the Xbox One Elite Controller.
Thema:

1. How to Adjust, Calibrate or Tune the Joysticks on Xbox One Wireless Controllers for Windows? - Similar Threads - Adjust Calibrate Tune

2. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  3. Headset volume requires more adjustability

in XboX Insiders
    Headset volume requires more adjustability: Anyway to reduce the volume jumps when you adjust the headset volume on the menu? I always feel I’m in between two volume levels. A few extra jumps added would help fine tune things. submitted by...
  4. How to adjust sensitivity for my controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to adjust sensitivity for my controller?: I have struggled with this for over a year now. I play Minecraft on my PC using a controller. The sensitivity is off the charts. The smallest tap to the joystick will send the camera spinning....
  5. Why can't I adjust Audio & music?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I adjust Audio & music?: I plugged in my Groove Onn wired headphones into my PDP wired controller using the 3.5mm audio jack. however, as i stated, it wont let me adjust the audio & music icon. instead it says this: "use...
  6. Game screen not adjusting to full screen in a way it should

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game screen not adjusting to full screen in a way it should: Installed FIFA 14. Everything works fine. But the game leaves some vertical space both from top and bottom, BUT NOT in the way that there is a black margin on top and bottom. The game's...
  7. Leader board points still not being adjusted after reaching achievements, I still am stuck...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Leader board points still not being adjusted after reaching achievements, I still am stuck...: Is this still being worked on? 08f7cddf-fdb6-4429-a982-50cd28e5e128
  8. Price adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Price adjustment: I bought an Xbox bundle a couple weeks ago and now the price is lowered. I would like a price adjustment for the difference e61bbf77-20a4-4492-8a72-d2e733d39522
  9. I can't adjust my steering wheel in Forza Horizon 5.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't adjust my steering wheel in Forza Horizon 5.: I bought a steering wheel set for the Forza Horizon 5 game. I adjusted everything on this wheel from the drive and it works perfectly, but when I go into the Forza Horizon 5 game and tilt the...
  10. Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?: I'm wondering if adjusting the HDR settings would conflict with auto HDR when playing games that features it. adf94f5f-1e53-4f3f-9c6e-1d7b653522ce