How to add subtitles (.srt files) to video app

Discus and support How to add subtitles (.srt files) to video app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How to add .srt files (like vlc player) in video app? 4f6da8bb-be1d-4775-985d-85b7c4d994a8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by S.Sengupta, Jan 3, 2014.

1. S.Sengupta
    S.Sengupta Guest

How to add .srt files (like vlc player) in video app?

:)

S.Sengupta, Jan 3, 2014
  2. K Blaubaer
    K Blaubaer Guest
    XBox One MediaPlayer no support for video subs and playlists

XBox One was announced as the media center for our living room.

MediaPlayer works quite nicely with files from USD-device or connected to external MediaCenter (UPnP / DLNA) , but two important features are still missing.

* no support for videos with subtitles (e.g. MP4 Video file + corresponding *.SMI or *.SRT subtitle file

* no support for common playlists Formats (audio but also video would be nice)

Please include these features in one of the next updates.

K Blaubaer, Jan 3, 2014
  3. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    Avi + Subtitles

You don't using Windows Media Player or Media Centre.

-

However PS3 Media Server will stream .avi files with .srt subtitle files
    ps3mediaserver.blogspot.co.uk

voteDC, Jan 3, 2014
  4. How to add subtitles (.srt files) to video app

Cosmicthoughts, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Cosmicthoughts Win User

6. lewgiffard Win User

Avi + Subtitles

Yeah try Tversity, or just hardcode the subs into your AVI.

If you have the .srt subtitle file (not .idx) hardcode it using GotSent - takes 5 minutes.

sites.google.com/.../sentry232

(not a bad video converter either)
  7. voteDC Win User

Avi + Subtitles

You don't using Windows Media Player or Media Centre.

-

However PS3 Media Server will stream .avi files with .srt subtitle files
    ps3mediaserver.blogspot.co.uk
  8. PrimoFuSion Win User

Avi + Subtitles

[quote user="lewgiffard"]

Yeah try Tversity, or just hardcode the subs into your AVI.

If you have the .srt subtitle file (not .idx) hardcode it using GotSent - takes 5 minutes.

sites.google.com/.../sentry232

(not a bad video converter either)

[/quote]

Thanks for that Lew, hardcoding subs for a 'hard of hearing' person such as myself, is a god send!
  9. XGC APPR3NTIC3 Win User

Media Player

Plex Media server has a Mac version, and works great for me (Even though I am using the windows version of the program. This sets up a simple DNLA server without needing Windows Media Player. Plus it will create a nice and handy view for your digital movies
    including; Movie Poster, Actors, Directors, Rating, etc.

You don't need to use the Plex App on the Xbox one either, just use the Media Player app. The only caveat, is you can't use subtitles, doesn't matter if it's a separate .SRT file, or an .MKV file with subtitles encased in it.

https://plex.tv/downloads
Thema:

1. How to add subtitles (.srt files) to video app - Similar Threads - add subtitles srt

2. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  3. Can't add a payment method fix

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add a payment method fix: At first you need to change your country/region to Germany. And you need to type this address while adding a payment method: Address Line 1: Boylstoin St. Postal code: 01605 City: Worcester...
  4. How do I add a friend on ps4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I add a friend on ps4: I'm on Xbox 1 and want to add someone who has ps4. How would I do that.? 51e1f7ce-eb8f-4c5c-94f7-3b1332eec84a
  5. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  6. Can you add the pop player app on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you add the pop player app on xbox: Hey xbox can you please add the pop player app on microsoft store please 362c070b-c143-4730-97c9-38c8f9805a36
  7. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  8. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  9. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  10. Plz Microsoft hindi subtitles add in gamepass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Plz Microsoft hindi subtitles add in gamepass: Plaz Microsoft hindi add in gamepass....and Microsoft to in Indian market 92e7b635-44c6-4637-ae24-28931a9db6be