How to add subtitles (.srt files) to video app

Discus and support How to add subtitles (.srt files) to video app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How to add .srt files (like vlc player) in video app? 4f6da8bb-be1d-4775-985d-85b7c4d994a8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by S.Sengupta, Jan 3, 2014.

1. S.Sengupta
    S.Sengupta Guest

How to add .srt files (like vlc player) in video app?

:)

S.Sengupta, Jan 3, 2014
  2. K Blaubaer
    K Blaubaer Guest
    XBox One MediaPlayer no support for video subs and playlists

XBox One was announced as the media center for our living room.

MediaPlayer works quite nicely with files from USD-device or connected to external MediaCenter (UPnP / DLNA) , but two important features are still missing.

* no support for videos with subtitles (e.g. MP4 Video file + corresponding *.SMI or *.SRT subtitle file

* no support for common playlists Formats (audio but also video would be nice)

Please include these features in one of the next updates.

K Blaubaer, Jan 3, 2014
  3. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    Avi + Subtitles

You don't using Windows Media Player or Media Centre.

-

However PS3 Media Server will stream .avi files with .srt subtitle files
    ps3mediaserver.blogspot.co.uk

voteDC, Jan 3, 2014
  4. How to add subtitles (.srt files) to video app

Cosmicthoughts, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Cosmicthoughts Win User

6. lewgiffard Win User

Avi + Subtitles

Yeah try Tversity, or just hardcode the subs into your AVI.

If you have the .srt subtitle file (not .idx) hardcode it using GotSent - takes 5 minutes.

sites.google.com/.../sentry232

(not a bad video converter either)
  7. voteDC Win User

Avi + Subtitles

You don't using Windows Media Player or Media Centre.

-

However PS3 Media Server will stream .avi files with .srt subtitle files
    ps3mediaserver.blogspot.co.uk
  8. PrimoFuSion Win User

Avi + Subtitles

[quote user="lewgiffard"]

Yeah try Tversity, or just hardcode the subs into your AVI.

If you have the .srt subtitle file (not .idx) hardcode it using GotSent - takes 5 minutes.

sites.google.com/.../sentry232

(not a bad video converter either)

[/quote]

Thanks for that Lew, hardcoding subs for a 'hard of hearing' person such as myself, is a god send!
  9. XGC APPR3NTIC3 Win User

Media Player

Plex Media server has a Mac version, and works great for me (Even though I am using the windows version of the program. This sets up a simple DNLA server without needing Windows Media Player. Plus it will create a nice and handy view for your digital movies
    including; Movie Poster, Actors, Directors, Rating, etc.

You don't need to use the Plex App on the Xbox one either, just use the Media Player app. The only caveat, is you can't use subtitles, doesn't matter if it's a separate .SRT file, or an .MKV file with subtitles encased in it.

https://plex.tv/downloads
Thema:

1. How to add subtitles (.srt files) to video app - Similar Threads - add subtitles srt

2. Error when adding friends. On Xbox. They can add me but I can’t add them

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Error when adding friends. On Xbox. They can add me but I can’t add them: I’m not sure what’s happening I used to be able to add friends from Xbox console and app and now I’m unable to do either 0fa43e48-5307-4053-bf32-dae63d6d0665
  3. Can you Add all the Spider-Man games to Xbox one and series s and x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you Add all the Spider-Man games to Xbox one and series s and x: Can you Add all the Spider-Man games to Xbox one and series s and x that Sony doesn’t need anymore 34d61c8f-10a7-43d8-b67d-fa616544f06c
  4. On Xbox you can't add a network as it doesn't ask you for a password so it keeps failing,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox you can't add a network as it doesn't ask you for a password so it keeps failing,...: There is a glitch with the "Add a Network" part of the Xbox Console. If your wifi doesn't show up on the scan or you have it hidden then you cannot go online because the system will only ask for...
  5. How can I add joysticks to the Xbox Adaptive Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I add joysticks to the Xbox Adaptive Controller?: I can not speak But I hear you. 3 brain Stroke 2 heart surgery One hand is weak I use xbox adaptive controller I wanted Joysticks for example: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2...
  6. I am trying to add a friend who uses a PlayStation. I have his gamer tag but still can not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am trying to add a friend who uses a PlayStation. I have his gamer tag but still can not...: I am trying to add I friend who plays on PlayStation. I have his gamer tag. But still won't pull him up. 50de4237-6fc1-4160-a49d-07a61d1c697c
  7. Request : please add a keyboard shortcut key for party chat (show text)

in XboX Insiders
    Request : please add a keyboard shortcut key for party chat (show text): I think we really need a quick access shortcut key for the people that use the party chat (show text) feature when they are typing to their friends/teammates. It is really annoying to always open...
  8. How do i add new friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i add new friends: how do you add new friends. f2c0f6a7-8c45-4837-92ac-d6711820e145
  9. dad removed email from xbox account can I add my email etc

in XBoX Accessibility
    dad removed email from xbox account can I add my email etc: my dad has removed the email that I've used to access my Xbox account for 13 years, so I've lost everything, including my LIVE acc. Can I get on to the acc and put my email and payment details...
  10. How can I change a game's language or at least add subtitles?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I change a game's language or at least add subtitles?: Hi, everyone. I wonder if I buy a game here, for instance Call of Duty WWII. Will it be possible change language from, let's say, Russian to Chinese(subtitles) and vise versa? Thank you....