How to add a friend on Minecraft when it say your Microsoft account won’t let you.

Discus and support How to add a friend on Minecraft when it say your Microsoft account won’t let you. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can’t play because of how my Microsoft account is set up but I’ve tried and tried again but I can’t add any friends.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Flyingfish45782, Mar 6, 2023.

1. How to add a friend on Minecraft when it say your Microsoft account won’t let you.

I can’t play because of how my Microsoft account is set up but I’ve tried and tried again but I can’t add any friends.

:)

Flyingfish45782, Mar 6, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

How to add a friend on Minecraft when it say your Microsoft account won’t let you.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

You can simply sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings and from there make sure that these settings are set to “allow” or “everyone”:

* You can see and upload community creations

* You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

* Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

* You can play with people outside of Xbox Live

* You can create and join clubs

* You can join multiplayer games

Make sure to hit “submit” when you made any changes.
  3. _ABagel Win User

Minecraft Launcher login issue

I don’t think it has to do with that. When I log into the Minecraft website it says that I have Minecraft purchased, it won’t let me log in with this account into the Minecraft launcher. Whenever I click log in with Microsoft or I click on my account to log in, it says that there was an issue while logging in.
  4. ethanndd Win User

I can't join my friends in Minecraft Bedrock, any solutions?

I’m on Xbox Minecraft and it won’t let me play multiplayer realms/join friends or any server ur says I have to change my Microsoft account setting but doesn’t work once I change the setting.
  5. Ben4724 Win User

How do i send friend requests on minecraft on xbox

Hi! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community, not a Microsoft employee. Hope you are doing well!

With regards to adding friends on Minecraft, if you have added them as friends via your Xbox console they will also show up in-game if they are playing Minecraft and you will find there the option to invite them.

How to add friends in 'Minecraft' and invite them to your world

1. If you haven't already, create a free Microsoft account — Xbox users will have an account automatically. Your Microsoft account is required for crossplay. If you're on a console, you'll also need an online subscription like Xbox Live or Nintendo Switch Online.

2. After you've created your Microsoft account, launch "Minecraft" and click "Sign in with a Microsoft account." Follow the instructions to sign in and link your Microsoft account to the game.

3. Choose an existing world or create a new one and launch your game. Once you've loaded into the world, open the in-game settings menu.

4. On the next screen, select the option to "Find Cross-Platform Friends."

5. Find your friend using their Minecraft ID or gamertag, then select "Add Friend." You can also use this screen to block or report them, if you've had a bad experience. You can also use the Xbox One app to add friends regardless of platform, if typing complex gamer tags on your console controller isn't ideal.

6. Check the box to select the friend, and click "Send 1 Invite."

On the main menu of the Minecraft when you click on "Play" you should also see a tab which says "Friends" once you click on it you will find there your friends as well and option to "add friend" as well. If the friend you submitted a request to didn't went through, it could be due to their privacy settings reason why ther request cannot be submitted.

Now, all you have to do is sit back and wait for your friend to accept the invite, and in no time, they'll be plopped into your "Minecraft'' world. And from now on, when they're online, they'll appear under "Online Friends."

I hope the information helps. If there are any errors or problems adding friends, feel free to post back in the community and we will try our best to help.

Kind regards,

Ben
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adding friends on Minecraft PE

Hi there MaryMom1,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with adding friends on Minecraft PE.

The Minecraft sign in may use the Microsoft account credentials for the account. Sounds like this account may be in a family. Please take a look at the troubleshooting article:

Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings

Friends can join friends realms locally
    (this works if the friend is in the same area):

• click settings
    • local server multiplayer
      • set setting : on

How to add a friend on Minecraft PE:

• On the home page
    • click sign in [bottom left]
    • sign in with Microsoft account
    • click on play
    • click menu
    • select friend
    • invite to game
    • send invite

Take a look at this article:
    How to add new Xbox friends
    . If you need more assistance with Minecraft PE try taking a look at their

support forums

Hope this helps. Let us know the results!
Thema:

1. How to add a friend on Minecraft when it say your Microsoft account won’t let you. - Similar Threads - add friend Minecraft

2. How to add friends On Minecraft On my iPad.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friends On Minecraft On my iPad.: How to add Friends On minecraft With m u iPad d8b9613e-5d47-4cef-8959-5fb8d98e290f
  3. How can I add my children to be friends on Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I add my children to be friends on Minecraft?: I need some help please. I’ve basically enabled everything in privacy and settings to allow my children to play Minecraft together on separate iPads with no luck. I’ve unblocked everything in Xbox...
  4. Why don't I have an 'Add friend' tab on minecraft on nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't I have an 'Add friend' tab on minecraft on nintendo switch: I keep going over and over and over this. Sooo frustrating. 1. We have a switch 2. We have a son playing switch minecraft 3. We register on line 4. He wants to add a friend 5. We DONT have...
  5. Can't add a friend on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add a friend on Minecraft: When I try to add a friend in Minecraft it tells me that I can't because of how my Xbox account is set up, I've tried to edit my Xbox account but it just sends me to a website saying I can't...
  6. I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft: My child wants to add a friend to their Minecraft account but we can't figure out how. ba755cef-5c3e-4ea1-829d-b96d37c9b47b
  7. Can't add cross-platform friends on Minecraft Bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add cross-platform friends on Minecraft Bedrock: My friend is on a PS5, I'm on pc. When we go to add each other it says gamertag not found. We used the Microsoft gamertags aswell 33f6756a-a912-4f1a-8011-d67bfd480b2f
  8. I can't add friends or join them on Xbox Windows 10 Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't add friends or join them on Xbox Windows 10 Minecraft: I have been trying for a while now and i cannot add my friend, i had him added the other day and everything was perfectly normal, i could join him with no issues and i also add3ed him with no...
  9. How to add friend in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to add friend in Minecraft: How to add friend in Minecraft 89411c62-6677-44e9-aea4-0687e13ea6e8
  10. My friend can't add me as friend in minecraft windows 10 edition

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend can't add me as friend in minecraft windows 10 edition: When my friend presses add friend in minecraft, it says permission required. We couldn't figure out how to solve it. I can't add him as a friend either. I wrote with translation...