How to activate Flight Sim X on reinstalled windows 7 computer

Discus and support How to activate Flight Sim X on reinstalled windows 7 computer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Several weeks ago I decided to clone my windows 7 system drive to a larger drive because I was running out of space. Afterwards, I began having... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JeffreyKramer3, May 7, 2023.

1. How to activate Flight Sim X on reinstalled windows 7 computer

Several weeks ago I decided to clone my windows 7 system drive to a larger drive because I was running out of space. Afterwards, I began having problems. Last week I decided to reinstall windows 7 from scratch on the new ssd. Now I am having to reinstall all my other software. Everything is good, except for Flight Sim X. It installed but would not let me activate it by going online or by telephone. When I reinstalled windows 7, I could not remember what I used as the name of my computer before, so I just named it Jeffs win 7. I also used a stand alone version of windows 7, as tthe prior version was an update from XP. How can I activate this product?

:)

JeffreyKramer3, May 7, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

OK a lot of people seem confused about this. Steam are not ending support for Windows 7 games

They are no longer releasing their client for the Windows 7 operating system because it is no longer being supported for their security needs.

Virtually all software for Windows 7 will run on windows 11 just fine

Games for windows live came out at the same time as windows eight and provided the same infrastructure that the Xbox game system enjoys on the PC. This was later replaced by one compatible with Windows 10 and the Xbox one that is more advanced. At the time your game is manufactured this is how Microsoft games had their copy protection validated. The product key is registered to your Microsoft account, which is still the case today.

You will need to know what that Microsoft account is You were using, not the name of the computer. Because that's where your key is stored. Otherwise, if you buy it on Steam it will be just fine, and in the future when you upgrade it will likely continue to be just fine.
  3. JeffreyKramer3 Win User

Okay, I started the game again and was able to activate it using the product key. The game worked great.

Then I installed FSX Acceleration and, when the activation screen popped up, there was a small box that asked me to enter the activation key, but no place to type it in. I was able to start FSX again, but not activate the acceleration software.

Now what?
  4. JeffreyKramer3 Win User

This game was on 2 DVDs in a box with an Acceleration disk (which I can't install until FSX is activated). I thought I was playing the game on my local computer, not MS Live. I am not playing it on steam.

I WILL NOT buy this game on steam because they are ending support for windows 7 games at the end of the year. I will have lost $1500 in game purchases at that time.

There has to be a way to fix the activation. It is the same computer that activated it 2-3 weeks ago - before I reinstalled Windows 7.
  5. JeffreyKramer3 Win User

Thank you so much for your response. To answer your question first, I received a message stating something like the call failed. Now, I followed your instructions with great hope. Unfortunately, when I got to the place where you said to replace the 0 with words, those words were already there. Attached is a screen capture of that part of the registry.

What now?

Jeff

[​IMG]
  6. JeffreyKramer3 Win User

Thanks, but I'm still trying to activate Acceleration Can you helo?
Thema:

1. How to activate Flight Sim X on reinstalled windows 7 computer - Similar Threads - activate Flight Sim

2. Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?: So I’ve had my series s a while now and it was over heating like crazy and I knew it was down to the dust and I be honest my fan was making a weird noise.. so anyway I took all the casing off my...
  3. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  4. I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S: this setting is disabled for me, and I can't find anyone with the same problem as mine my monitor is an lg ultragear 144hz and i use an hdmi 2.1 cable ***moving this thread to en-us because the...
  5. Forza Motorsports fails to keep the controller active, even though its powered and speakers...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Motorsports fails to keep the controller active, even though its powered and speakers...: I wanted to switch from Forza 4 to Forza Motorsports, but it broke my audio. I play with a wheel, but also plug in a controller (using a USB cable) to access the audio (there's no other audio-out...
  6. can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card: can i activate the game pass with a vanilla card 789dbc29-f77a-4c61-bf1f-9aac03b1c0de
  7. Can't activate "fly" icon on Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't activate "fly" icon on Microsoft Flight Simulator: Recently purchased XBOX series X, Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe 40th edition and Velocity One hardware. When I boot up the simulator it tells me that I am on line and signed in, but...
  8. Purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe From Gamestop and Activation Key Does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe From Gamestop and Activation Key Does...: Purchased a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe from GameStop as a gift for my son. Attempted to download the the product from Steam. Upon trying to enter the activation key received...
  9. How to activate MS Flight Simulator after re-installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to activate MS Flight Simulator after re-installation: I removed my Flight Simulator Premium De Luxe from my C-disk and did a new installation from DVD's to my new SSD (L-disk). After the instalation was copmpleted, I entered the activation code but...
  10. Is it possible to buy a microsoft flight simulator premium deluxe activation code?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to buy a microsoft flight simulator premium deluxe activation code?: I bought a second hand DVD set so can't use the code that came with 12153a54-b2d3-4fe7-8aef-7d591238ea74