How to achieve multiple XBOX’s connected to Google Nest Wifi with Open NAT

Discus and support How to achieve multiple XBOX’s connected to Google Nest Wifi with Open NAT in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After many hours of research and conversations with Google I have finally got this working. As a bit of background my house is connected to NBN FTTN so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WazzaAngel, Feb 19, 2022.

1. WazzaAngel
    WazzaAngel Guest

After many hours of research and conversations with Google I have finally got this working. As a bit of background my house is connected to NBN FTTN so I have VDSL2 modem and the Google Nest Wifi is connected to one of the LAN ports on the modem to the WAN port of the Google router. I have a combination of wired and wireless devices and the XBOX’s are connected via wired Ethernet to the Google router LAN port via a couple of unmanaged switches. The following are the steps I took to achieve Open Nat on 2x Series X’s, 2x One S’s and a One X without double NAT.

1. Start with modem, Google Nest Wifi and XBOX’s powered off.
    2. Power on modem and set to bridge mode with DHCP and Wifi disabled. There are many procedures online for this and slightly different for each modem. I did this to avoid double NAT and because the Google router can’t be set to bridge mode if you want to use the mesh.
    3. Power on Google Nest Wifi router and setup using the Google Home App. If this was done already then skip this step. Just need DHCP for WAN and leave UPNP on for now. The Google router should receive its IP from the ISP.
    4. Set modem IP to a number within the Google router IP range. If Google router is 192.168.20.1, use 192.168.20.2. This is so you can access the modem if you need to by connecting another cable between your modem and one of the switches. You will need to set a static IP in the Modem IP range on the PC you are using to connect to the modem as the modem DHCP is disabled. For example if Modem IP is 192.168.0.1 then use 192.168.0.2.
    5. Power on and connect the first XBOX either cable or Wifi. The Google router will assign an IP. It’s also a good idea to give the XBOX a unique name so you can see this in the Google Home App. Otherwise make a note of the IP number.
    6. Reserve this IP using the Google Home App under Wifi>Settings>Advanced networking>DHCP IP Reservations.
    7. Set the XBOX port assignment to automatic and note down the port number. Let’s use 50000 as an example. You could also get 3074 but all mine used the 5XXXX range.
    8. Port rorward the following ports to the XBOX Name/IP using the Google Home App under Wifi>Settings>Advanced networking>Port management.

88 to 88 UDP

500 to 500 UDP

3544 to 3544 UDP

4500 to 4500 UDP

50000 to 50000 TCP/UDP – UPNP does seem to work for this port but I have forwarded them anyway.
    9. Use the XBOX network settings to test NAT. It should now be Open.
    10. Change XBOX port assignment from Automatic to Manual keeping the same port.
    11. This is the important bit. Repeat steps 5 – 10 for the next XBOX and make sure it gets a different port but use the numbers below. If you get the same port you will need to manually change it. Mine were all different when set to automatic but older XBOX’s may not. This time use the following port forwards.

89 to 88 UDP

501 to 500 UDP

3545 to 3544 UDP

4501 to 4500 UDP

51000 to 51000 TCP/UDP - This is the second XBOX port as an example.
    12. For each XBOX you just increase the external UDP port numbers by 1. So the third XBOX would use 90, 502, 3546 and 4502.

90 to 88 UDP

502 to 500 UDP

3546 to 3544 UDP

4502 to 4500 UDP

52000 to 52000 TCP/UDP - This is the third XBOX port as an example.

If by chance you can only use port 3074 for your XBOX’s then you can use the same philosophy above for each XBOX port as follows.

3074 to 3074 TCP/UDP – 1st XBOX

3075 to 3074 TCP/UDP – 2nd XBOX

3076 to 3074 TCP/UDP – 3rd XBOX

Etc

I got the port number from below but there are plenty of sites with this info.

https://portforward.com/xbox/

Hopefully this can help someone and save them some time. Good Luck!

:)

WazzaAngel, Feb 19, 2022
  2. TS Goldstrum Win User

google nest

Is both of your xbox and the google nest connecyed to the same wifi?
  3. .Jools Win User

NAT-type / Teredo problems

Did a test with the xbox connected directly to the fibermodem, and guess what? That worked!

So, the Google Wifi is the problem apparently!

Set it up again as it was when i started, connected the Xbox with WiFi, tried again in Google Wifi to set an static ip-adress, and open all the ports as described earlier and same result as before: NAT/Teredo problems....

Any more ideas what could be wrong? Atleast now i know the Google Wifi system is the problem!
  4. ItUrDuckNoah Win User

When cloud streaming to my mobile device,, the controller is very faulty when it’s connected to the Xbox, when all I want it to do is have an extra display of my gameplay

Oh wow, thanks! I have the same exact setup. iPhone 12 Pro max, and series S. So yesterday I took the time to make my wifi an open NAT connection, and after a while of tampering with my router settings, it went from Double NAT to open NAT. My setup is an AT&T pace router and a google nest wifi router, obviously that would make a double NAT. So eventually I turned on bridge mode with a youtube tutorial thru the AT&T router settings.

Then I get back onto the Xbox and reseted the power supply like you told me how to.

Then I opened Fortnite and tried to stream it to my phone. And to be clear, I’m trying to open the game on my Xbox and use my iPhone as an external display so my friends can watch on discord when I screen share.

However I haven’t tried doing the turn off remote features and then restarting my xbox then turning it back on.

Thanks for your feedback!
  5. scuderiarmani Win User

Gears Tactics won't install on Xbox Beta

I'm using Google Nest Wifi so unfortunately the DNS isn't the problem
  6. Kill4Kush20 Win User

google nest

Go to your settings and go to accessories and accept outside connections
Thema:

1. How to achieve multiple XBOX’s connected to Google Nest Wifi with Open NAT - Similar Threads - achieve multiple XBOX’s

2. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  3. Achievements in Russian but Im Turkish

in XBoX on Windows
    Achievements in Russian but Im Turkish: [img] So In PC xbox app. its all Turkish but achievements are Russian for no reason. I dont know why but It just disturbs me. Take a look at the achievements and the overall texts. Youll see what...
  4. Achievements aren't working for fallout 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Achievements aren't working for fallout 4: I've been achievement hunting and skyrim and minecraft achievements are working but fallout 4 achievements aren't 45acdfd8-d4ba-4d88-8860-563157bb286f
  5. Fallout 4 “unmissable” achievement not unlocking.

in XBoX on Windows
    Fallout 4 “unmissable” achievement not unlocking.: The “Hunter/Hunted” achievement in Fallout 4 did not unlock despite me completing the quest. You can see that I’ve got passed that and completed the next mission just fine with that one’s...
  6. My Gamerscore and Achievement

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamerscore and Achievement: When I play online last time in Xbox 360 in Xbox one I came across hacking lobby in call of duty and I got free achievement and gamer score can Phil spencer reset them in my 360 account? Don't...
  7. What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz: What do I need to achieve 4k Resolution @ 120Hz? It currently says to me that my TV setup doesn't support 4k@120Hz. What about my TV setup do I need to change? 762e6b27-915d-412c-af60-03b79c7f7302
  8. Ive had multiple glitched achievements where I can’t go back on do the requirements again...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ive had multiple glitched achievements where I can’t go back on do the requirements again...: For example on Call of duty WWII there is an achievement for getting to 1st prestige, I am currently prestige 4 and it hasn’t popped, there is also no way to reset or fresh start in game stats....
  9. Achievements on multiple games not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements on multiple games not working: I have been playing a few games lately, and met the requirements for achievements on 2 games: stardew valley and smite. The stardew ones were full house and fectors challenge, both quite long...
  10. Hide games which I had multiple achievements on?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hide games which I had multiple achievements on?: How can I hide a game which I had multiple achievements on? Is there any way to block someone from viewing my account/achievements/games I play? d179dab9-1bb4-4799-8d14-dc84b9cfbe42

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox upnp not successful nest wifi