How to achieve multiple XBOX’s connected to Google Nest Wifi with Open NAT

Discus and support How to achieve multiple XBOX’s connected to Google Nest Wifi with Open NAT in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After many hours of research and conversations with Google I have finally got this working. As a bit of background my house is connected to NBN FTTN so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WazzaAngel, Feb 19, 2022.

  1. WazzaAngel
    WazzaAngel Guest

    How to achieve multiple XBOX’s connected to Google Nest Wifi with Open NAT


    After many hours of research and conversations with Google I have finally got this working. As a bit of background my house is connected to NBN FTTN so I have VDSL2 modem and the Google Nest Wifi is connected to one of the LAN ports on the modem to the WAN port of the Google router. I have a combination of wired and wireless devices and the XBOX’s are connected via wired Ethernet to the Google router LAN port via a couple of unmanaged switches. The following are the steps I took to achieve Open Nat on 2x Series X’s, 2x One S’s and a One X without double NAT.

    1. Start with modem, Google Nest Wifi and XBOX’s powered off.
    2. Power on modem and set to bridge mode with DHCP and Wifi disabled. There are many procedures online for this and slightly different for each modem. I did this to avoid double NAT and because the Google router can’t be set to bridge mode if you want to use the mesh.
    3. Power on Google Nest Wifi router and setup using the Google Home App. If this was done already then skip this step. Just need DHCP for WAN and leave UPNP on for now. The Google router should receive its IP from the ISP.
    4. Set modem IP to a number within the Google router IP range. If Google router is 192.168.20.1, use 192.168.20.2. This is so you can access the modem if you need to by connecting another cable between your modem and one of the switches. You will need to set a static IP in the Modem IP range on the PC you are using to connect to the modem as the modem DHCP is disabled. For example if Modem IP is 192.168.0.1 then use 192.168.0.2.
    5. Power on and connect the first XBOX either cable or Wifi. The Google router will assign an IP. It’s also a good idea to give the XBOX a unique name so you can see this in the Google Home App. Otherwise make a note of the IP number.
    6. Reserve this IP using the Google Home App under Wifi>Settings>Advanced networking>DHCP IP Reservations.
    7. Set the XBOX port assignment to automatic and note down the port number. Let’s use 50000 as an example. You could also get 3074 but all mine used the 5XXXX range.
    8. Port rorward the following ports to the XBOX Name/IP using the Google Home App under Wifi>Settings>Advanced networking>Port management.

      88 to 88 UDP

      500 to 500 UDP

      3544 to 3544 UDP

      4500 to 4500 UDP

      50000 to 50000 TCP/UDP – UPNP does seem to work for this port but I have forwarded them anyway.
    9. Use the XBOX network settings to test NAT. It should now be Open.
    10. Change XBOX port assignment from Automatic to Manual keeping the same port.
    11. This is the important bit. Repeat steps 5 – 10 for the next XBOX and make sure it gets a different port but use the numbers below. If you get the same port you will need to manually change it. Mine were all different when set to automatic but older XBOX’s may not. This time use the following port forwards.

      89 to 88 UDP

      501 to 500 UDP

      3545 to 3544 UDP

      4501 to 4500 UDP

      51000 to 51000 TCP/UDP - This is the second XBOX port as an example.
    12. For each XBOX you just increase the external UDP port numbers by 1. So the third XBOX would use 90, 502, 3546 and 4502.

      90 to 88 UDP

      502 to 500 UDP

      3546 to 3544 UDP

      4502 to 4500 UDP

      52000 to 52000 TCP/UDP - This is the third XBOX port as an example.


    If by chance you can only use port 3074 for your XBOX’s then you can use the same philosophy above for each XBOX port as follows.

    3074 to 3074 TCP/UDP – 1st XBOX

    3075 to 3074 TCP/UDP – 2nd XBOX

    3076 to 3074 TCP/UDP – 3rd XBOX

    Etc



    I got the port number from below but there are plenty of sites with this info.

    https://portforward.com/xbox/



    Hopefully this can help someone and save them some time. Good Luck!

    :)
     
    WazzaAngel, Feb 19, 2022
    #1
  2. TS Goldstrum Win User

    google nest

    Is both of your xbox and the google nest connecyed to the same wifi?
  3. .Jools Win User

    NAT-type / Teredo problems

    Did a test with the xbox connected directly to the fibermodem, and guess what? That worked!

    So, the Google Wifi is the problem apparently!

    Set it up again as it was when i started, connected the Xbox with WiFi, tried again in Google Wifi to set an static ip-adress, and open all the ports as described earlier and same result as before: NAT/Teredo problems....

    Any more ideas what could be wrong? Atleast now i know the Google Wifi system is the problem!
  4. ItUrDuckNoah Win User

    When cloud streaming to my mobile device,, the controller is very faulty when it’s connected to the Xbox, when all I want it to do is have an extra display of my gameplay

    Oh wow, thanks! I have the same exact setup. iPhone 12 Pro max, and series S. So yesterday I took the time to make my wifi an open NAT connection, and after a while of tampering with my router settings, it went from Double NAT to open NAT. My setup is an AT&T pace router and a google nest wifi router, obviously that would make a double NAT. So eventually I turned on bridge mode with a youtube tutorial thru the AT&T router settings.

    Then I get back onto the Xbox and reseted the power supply like you told me how to.

    Then I opened Fortnite and tried to stream it to my phone. And to be clear, I’m trying to open the game on my Xbox and use my iPhone as an external display so my friends can watch on discord when I screen share.

    However I haven’t tried doing the turn off remote features and then restarting my xbox then turning it back on.

    Thanks for your feedback!
  5. scuderiarmani Win User

    Gears Tactics won't install on Xbox Beta

    I'm using Google Nest Wifi so unfortunately the DNS isn't the problem
  6. Kill4Kush20 Win User

    google nest

    Go to your settings and go to accessories and accept outside connections
Thema:

How to achieve multiple XBOX’s connected to Google Nest Wifi with Open NAT

Loading...
  1. How to achieve multiple XBOX’s connected to Google Nest Wifi with Open NAT - Similar Threads - achieve multiple XBOX’s

  2. Achievement counter not showing on recent games

    in XboX Insiders
    Achievement counter not showing on recent games: I’m in the beta ring. On the recently played row on the dashboard only one game is showing the counter above the game tile. That game is RuneScape Dragonwilds. The other 8 games don’t show...
  3. Omega ring patch notes says mythic achievements are available but i still dont have them

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega ring patch notes says mythic achievements are available but i still dont have them: I checked the omega ring patch notes this morning and it said mythic achievements were available however i have updated my console and still nothing is there can someone explain this to me...
  4. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  5. Is the Mythic Achievement still not showing up on PC?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is the Mythic Achievement still not showing up on PC?: I just got my first Mythic Achievement on PC, in the game INSIDE. Even though the achievement popped up during gameplay, it’s still not showing as available on my profile (and it’s not showing up...
  6. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  7. Achievements not unlocking after multiple efforts

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements not unlocking after multiple efforts: This isn't the first time of this occurring & after 72 hours with 'The Witcher 3' with achievements 'Fearless Vampire Slayer' & 'Let the Good Times Roll!' I stopped playing the game as a whole due...
  8. Ive had multiple glitched achievements where I can’t go back on do the requirements again...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ive had multiple glitched achievements where I can’t go back on do the requirements again...: For example on Call of duty WWII there is an achievement for getting to 1st prestige, I am currently prestige 4 and it hasn’t popped, there is also no way to reset or fresh start in game stats....
  9. Achievements on multiple games not working

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements on multiple games not working: I have been playing a few games lately, and met the requirements for achievements on 2 games: stardew valley and smite. The stardew ones were full house and fectors challenge, both quite long...
  10. Hide games which I had multiple achievements on?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Hide games which I had multiple achievements on?: How can I hide a game which I had multiple achievements on? Is there any way to block someone from viewing my account/achievements/games I play? d179dab9-1bb4-4799-8d14-dc84b9cfbe42

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox upnp not successful nest wifi