How to access touch controls for remote play?

Discus and support How to access touch controls for remote play? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im trying to access touch controls on my mobile device (ipad) using remote play. Note that this isnt cloud play. I am at home and on the same network.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BeardyMcBeardFace, Jan 19, 2022.

  1. How to access touch controls for remote play?


    Im trying to access touch controls on my mobile device (ipad) using remote play. Note that this isnt cloud play. I am at home and on the same network. I've loaded touch control games (like Art of Rally) and don't see the icon when I am in the game to enable touch controls (the little gamepad icon).

    Am I missing something?

    :)
     
    BeardyMcBeardFace, Jan 19, 2022
    #1
  2. Jesse E' Win User

    How to access touch controls for remote play?

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    Touch controls only work with cloud gaming and not remote play. For that you'll need a controller.

    Hope this helps
  3. ngocphi Win User

    How to access touch controls for remote play?

    No it's only available on cloud games NOT remote play games which do require an bluetooth controller
  4. Tristen Onofry Win User

    Xbox remote play with touch controls like cloud gaming

    It should be because we know that Xbox consoles have a way to stream the games from the same servers as the mobile apps which support touch screen controls. The Xbox remote play could switch the control inputs by sending a message to the server through the Xbox console when you connect with the Xbox app on your mobile device or the game pass app for PC at least. This would allow touch screens to be another avenue for developers to make more accessibility features for their games. Also, the TV stick is around the corner. What would be a great idea for the TV stick is to have the remote play to work with the stick to allow you to play touch screen games without a controller and have less lag when playing. Since the consoles are not able to get touch screen support for a device can you guys add the support to the remote play feature of the Xbox app for mobile devices and PCs?
  5. ngocphi Win User

    How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?

    The controls are remapped on cloudplay on certain games

    Vs remote play it requires a normal.controller

    Touch screen isn't supported on remote.play on the old Xbox 360 but that was limited to. smart glass which allows your phone to be used as a mouse .not a second screen
  6. ngocphi Win User

    How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?

    You dont

    It's only on cloud play not .remote play and only certain games
Thema:

How to access touch controls for remote play?

Loading...
  1. How to access touch controls for remote play? - Similar Threads - access touch controls

  2. How to Access the Mythic Achievement Update

    in XboX Insiders
    How to Access the Mythic Achievement Update: How do I gain access to the Mythic Achievement Update? I’m an insider and I am currently on beta and I was able to access the disc to digital as an insider. submitted by /u/DarienJF [link]...
  3. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  4. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  5. How do I get Alpha access for Xbox Insider?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get Alpha access for Xbox Insider?: I am interested in testing new alpha features but I can’t seem to figure out how to gain access to the alpha on Xbox Insider. I’ve done all available surveys and activities but they seem limited....
  6. The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.

    in XboX Insiders
    The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.: I want to raise a separate point about the way accessibility feedback is handled in the Xbox Insider program. When I completed an accessibility survey, I was told I would receive XP for doing it....
  7. Xbox disc to digital global access when?

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox disc to digital global access when?: When will everyone be able to access it? I don’t seem to have that option on my Xbox one X. Is it exclusive to the series X? submitted by /u/CloudimusXD [link] [comments]
  8. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  9. Accessibility feedback: QR codes can create barriers

    in XboX Insiders
    Accessibility feedback: QR codes can create barriers: I recently joined the Xbox Accessibility Insider League and completed one of the accessibility activities. One thing I noticed is that the activity used a QR code to bring me to the Xbox...
  10. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...