How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?

Discus and support How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I made a big mistake setting up my child's xbox, linking her profile to my email address and microsoft account. I know, I know, so thoughtless!!!... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by paper92, Jun 4, 2023.

1. paper92
    paper92 Guest

How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account?

I made a big mistake setting up my child's xbox, linking her profile to my email address and microsoft account. I know, I know, so thoughtless!!!

Because child is a minor I now cannot access the account to make changes or manage family safety. Any ideas how to fix this? I need to start over, setting child up with their own email address and me as the parent with separate details. I've combed the articles on this and haven't been able to find any solutions, because I can't access the account to change the child's email address/password. I tried reverting to factory settings but of course that made no difference.

Any insight on this would be gratefully received. Microsoft has been no help at all.

:)

paper92, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

XBOX ONE SETTING ADULT TIME LIMITS

You can create a child account on your current parental account. You can not transfer games, saved progress etc. You can set the parental account to Home Xbox and the child account would have access to the games but not the saved progress.

It is not Microsofts fault that a child account was not set up.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I'll be happy to assist you here.

I'm confused whether you have access to the account or not? You mentioned that it was linked to your email address/Microsoft account.

Are you still able to sign in with your Microsoft account through https://account.microsoft.com website? If you could sign in successfully there, please visit https://account.xbox.com/Profile if it's showing your child's Xbox profile. That is to confirm if you're using the same Microsoft account and Xbox account with your child.
  4. TECHO2020 Win User

New Xbox Live account required parent Microsoft account and now child cannot access the new Live account.

We have never had Live or a Microsoft account. My son has an avatar on the Xbox 360. So when I was required to go set up a Microsoft parent account to access "Live" I did that and redeemed the code assuming that is what they just instructed me to do! I am
    so confused. Now that we did what they said and set up the parent account, how does the child access it?
  5. wi7bit Win User

I screwed up my minecraft over a cape and need help. please.

6. Jacyintha Win User

2 accounts, same email/password.

The only time that happens is if the second account is a child account under the parent. So, when you download a "parent" account, it gives you the option of the parent and the child account. When you see two accounts like this, the only one you can access
    online is the parent account.

To find the actual Microsoft Account for the account you are trying to access, login to the profile on the console. Go to Settings > Account/Account Manage > Your Info > and Security Info. You should see the Microsoft Account attached to the Gamertag you
    are using. This is the email you want to log in with to access the account online.
Thema:

1. How to access a child's xbox account that was set up with parent's email and microsoft account? - Similar Threads - access child's account

2. How can I access my child's Xbox account when password is forgotten?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I access my child's Xbox account when password is forgotten?: I can access my own Xbox account which manages all my children's accounts, but I have forgotten the password and cannot access HER account. I can update her personal information but not account...
  3. I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...: I can see the money in his account balance, but he can't make any purchases unless I add MORE money. I can't click on Spending to see what's happening because the site crashes (see this post from...
  4. How do I access a game purchased on my child's account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I access a game purchased on my child's account?: I recently bought ea fc ultimate edition onto my kid's xbox account so that they could get the points etc. It did it on my account last year and shared it with them bit they couldn't access any of...
  5. My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?: Hi can anyone help? In family safety app we’ve added money to our child’s account - it’s there in his wallet yet when he logs into Fortnite on xbox it keeps telling him to ask a parent I get the...
  6. Accessing game pass perks on a child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Accessing game pass perks on a child account: Hello, My child has Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and cannot access any perks. Clicking on the button to view perks shows a screen with the following error: "Sorry, we can't show game pass perks right...
  7. Restrcting Server Access for Child Account in Minecraft on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Restrcting Server Access for Child Account in Minecraft on Xbox: I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance in adjusting the privacy and online safety settings for my child's account on Xbox, specifically regarding their access to...
  8. A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account: I have xbox x and I purchased Rayman. When my kid switch to his account (which is child account) and tries to play Rayman, he gets an error message and asked to switch to the account that...
  9. How do I unlink a EA child account from my Xbox pc account and I don't have access to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I unlink a EA child account from my Xbox pc account and I don't have access to the...: I need to unlink a child EA account from my Xbox account so i can play EA games on my Xbox game pass and I don't have the parent account. 2bc6bfad-dac3-4f9c-9ff4-6716d09337ed
  10. How do I change a child account to an adult one if I have lost access to the parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change a child account to an adult one if I have lost access to the parent account?: How do I change a child account to an adult one, if I have lost access to the parent account? I have lost access to the parent account with no hope of getting it back and I really would like to...