How Should I better secure my minecraft account

Discus and support How Should I better secure my minecraft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Last night my minecraft account was hacked and I lost 2000+ hours of progresson on a server I was active on, I want to know if there is anything I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Forest Saxe, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Forest Saxe
    Forest Saxe Guest

Last night my minecraft account was hacked and I lost 2000+ hours of progresson on a server I was active on, I want to know if there is anything I should do now to better secure my accounts becuse the activity did not appear in my microsoft account history or my xbox live account history. I clicked a fake microsoft link and beyond not doing that is there any better security I can enable? I have changed my microsoft password since the hack and I am pretty sure I have regained controll of the minecraft account.
    I had microsoft 2fa enabled at the time when I was hacked.

:)

Forest Saxe, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Forest, first, I'm glad you recovered your account, and based on your description, you've already taken the correct steps to reinforce your account's security.

In the link below in item 5 you have more information on how to make your account more secure.

Secure your account if you think you’ve been hacked

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Minecraft Recovery

I did try, but I migrated my Minecraft account to this Microsoft account, and I don't need to recover it. I need to restore Minecraft itself on my account because it's not working on my account!
    How exactly is it not working? Any error messages? The more detail the better.
  4. Leonardo _NOP Win User

No access to Minecraft account

It's nice to secure my account but of course this didn't help with my problem. My Minecraft account just doesn't show up in my Microsoft account even though I'm sure it's the right account.

How can I have someone look into my account to fix this?
  5. sharonm3141 Win User

Can only access minecraft Java Demo despite multiple purchases

It is all the same email. I can sign in to the Microsoft account without issue. The issue is that it doesn't shoe a purchase of java minecraft. I can play minecraft for windows with that account without issue. Just not the Java version. There is no error message, but I only have access to the demo. The account is secured with my phone number.

Perhaps we can explore why I have windows minecraft but not Java minecraft. Articles indicate that I should have access to both.
  6. BrianGunter Win User

My freind got banned from xbox because he got hacked.

Your friend should take it as a life lesson. Either quit cheating, or learn to use better security in their accounts.
Thema:

1. How Should I better secure my minecraft account - Similar Threads - Should better secure

2. Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair

in XBoX on Windows
    Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair: I created a repair order for my Xbox last month when the disc drive stopped working, it is due to be shipped to the repair centre, but for a long time now it has been stuck at the UPS access point...
  3. What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...

in XBoX on Windows
    What should i do? I bought a 100 robux digital card using the reward points I got and I...: How can I get the code or get my points back? 5139d47a-5472-4374-af39-ccef3e3222cc
  4. Should I get Xbox series s or the series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I get Xbox series s or the series x?: There’s a series s with 2 memory card and 2 controllers but it’s cheap to get but there’s a series x going for 300, would getting the series S be worth to get rn? submitted by...
  5. This is not the way (gaming should be better)

in XboX Insiders
    This is not the way (gaming should be better): XBox Series S. Not a frequent user but do like to game. Unfortunately every time I log in I'm met with disappointment. Hate that the gaming industry is moving this way. XBox support says to give...
  6. Suspension on xbox should be reviewed better

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suspension on xbox should be reviewed better: I made a looking for group post last night on Fallout 76, I had 300 healing items of just about everything so I made a post saying “Too much aid, please buy ”... literally all i put.. someone said...
  7. There should be a better way to get Minecraft Beta for windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There should be a better way to get Minecraft Beta for windows 10: Beta is hard to join, and almost impossible to leave. Microsoft should make a better way to do beta, much like Java edition. 8d658752-e2ee-4bb8-84af-0a795a958be3
  8. OS Updates Should Be Better Than This...

in XboX Insiders
    OS Updates Should Be Better Than This...: Can we please make some noise about the terrible timing of the OS updates? If the xbox is not in use, sure, give me the update message. Better yet, allow me to select an option for auto updates...
  9. Microsoft should make their home UI better

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should make their home UI better: I think that Microsoft should remove MIxer from the home screen and just causes lag and make the Microsoft store page come before the Game Pass page. Also the UI of the Microsoft store is really...
  10. I've got better things to do than hunt daily for a promotion that should have be there.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I've got better things to do than hunt daily for a promotion that should have be there.: Sea of Thieves Pre-Order Promotion that wasn't....again. I am very aggravated that Microsoft continues to promise promotions for pre-orders, we jump through hoops to get in on the promotion for...