How on Earth do I contact Microsoft?

Discus and support How on Earth do I contact Microsoft? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For the past hour, I've been trying to contact someone, anyone, from Microsoft or Xbox. I want to play COD Cold War but it's saying I don't own it,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Samuel Ridder, Sep 25, 2022.

1. How on Earth do I contact Microsoft?

For the past hour, I've been trying to contact someone, anyone, from Microsoft or Xbox. I want to play COD Cold War but it's saying I don't own it, even though it is downloaded, and I'm signed in to my account. I know I bought the game and I have the statements to prove it. Now this is only one part of the issue. I have spent the last hour of my time trying to contact Microsoft and I can't find a single support email. Their phone number is just a robot, and it's not like that's gonna do any good anyway because this problem can't be resolved over the phone. I am not going to talk to an AI. The other day, I called Apple's support number and I spoke to a real person who was just the loveliest woman I've ever spoken to. However after calling the Microsoft line, I was greeted by an electronic voice. It seems after 40 years you still can't compete with Apple. I own this game and you are not going to make me pay for it again. Who do I talk to about this? Give me an email address.

:)

Samuel Ridder, Sep 25, 2022
  2. BookishFlunky90 Win User

About game:

- if it is a disc install, ensure disc is inserted

- I get this forgetting to put disc into console

- weird message and not relevant at all, it should say insert disc instead

- if digital download, ensure you run on the account you bought it with

- i have a couple of accounts running some games from start that does not allow that otherwise

About robot voice

- I used this the other day, and here it was a callback thingy and MS phones me a couple of minutes later

- rather neat I think, no more cost for lengthy call on your charge

But agree that ticket based support systems are the best

- you can have a conversation with supplied links and stuff

This virtual assistant stuff is just for the very most basic problems.

- rarely useful for anything
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Please also check your order history if the game is on there being purchased before. You can check that on this link:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

If they are completed on there, you can try doing a reset on your console.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

If the issue is still the same, please uninstall the game and reinstall again make sure all contents are installed especially the content packs from managed games and add ons.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, your fellow Xbox gamer.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your COD cold war game. Let's check on that for you.

Most of the time this error happens when the game is not completely installed or some contents are not yet installed from the game.

Please do these steps:

Please go to Games and Apps.

Look for Call Of Duty and highlight it.

Once highlighted, go to Manage Games and Add ons. Make sure all the add ons and contents are installed most especially content packs 1 - 4.

Once installed, try the game again.

Hope that helps!
  5. Francia J. Win User

How do I contact Microsoft

6. Renatodibi Win User

How do I contact a person at Microsoft?

Hi Wedge.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I'm sorry for your issue, and I'd like to find a solution.

Unfortunately, refunds can only be issued if you meet certain criteria. For example, if you've purchased a game, you must make the request within 14 days and have not accumulated a significant amount of playtime. It seems you've already followed the refund procedure, but I'll still provide you with the link to the support page for refunds.

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

Unfortunately, the request is automated, and Microsoft is not responsible for unauthorized card usage. I understand your position as a mom because I also have children, but in this case, unless the refund falls within the parameters outlined on the support page, Microsoft cannot intervene.

I hope I've been clear.

Kind regards
    Renato
Thema:

1. How on Earth do I contact Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Earth contact Microsoft

2. Oldies are the greatest teacher on this earth

in XboX Insiders
    Oldies are the greatest teacher on this earth: Having used microsoft since 1980 plus windows on 3 floppy disks, and keeping up with everything and at times anti microsoft, i have moved from xbox one with konnect to XBOX X, i am finding it...
  3. Is it possible that my friend from the another side of the Earth join my realm server?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is it possible that my friend from the another side of the Earth join my realm server?: Hi, I am the server of the realm, but I am gonna fly to another country which is so far that I am not sure if my friend can still join my realm server. 1f5333ed-8c72-44b4-a3e0-380773584ab9
  4. How on earth do I enable mods on Halo MCC PC? ModifiableWindowsApps folder is empty!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How on earth do I enable mods on Halo MCC PC? ModifiableWindowsApps folder is empty!: Everywhere I go online to find an explanation for how to enable mods just says to find the ModifiableWindowsApps folder and says I should see the Halo MCC game files inside it. My...
  5. Hello people of earth. from hi to hello

in XboX Insiders
    Hello people of earth. from hi to hello: Hello Earth... submitted by /u/PixelPioneer12 [link] [comments]
  6. Scorched Earth DLC on XBox One Not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Scorched Earth DLC on XBox One Not Working: Hi I've had The Ark survival evolved on my XBox One for a while. I downloaded a package from the Microsoft store in a sale which included all the DLC maps and skins etc with the game. The DLC...
  7. Middle earth on gamepass crash at startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Middle earth on gamepass crash at startup: "I figured out why the game is crashing. If I start the game without logging into my account, it works, but as soon as it asks me to log in, the game crashes." how i can fix this?...
  8. How do I download the Scorched Earth DLC for ARK on my PC since I own it on xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I download the Scorched Earth DLC for ARK on my PC since I own it on xbox?: I own the ARK: Survival Evolved DLC map "Scorched Earth" on Xbox, so I logged into my microsoft account on the microsoft store on pc to download the DLC on my pc, yet my pc does not recognize that...
  9. Microsoft Rewards Program Issue: Everyday is Earth Day cannot be completed.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Rewards Program Issue: Everyday is Earth Day cannot be completed.: Day 2 is preventing me from completing this 50 Points quest. It's true. This has caught a software virus preventing me from earning points from there. See for yourselves. You can't earn points...
  10. Viewing Google Earth on Microsoft Edge on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Viewing Google Earth on Microsoft Edge on Xbox: As soon as I watch Google Earth on Microsoft Edge on xbox, the memory goes over. The same thing happens no matter how many times it is repeated. The same goes for satellite photos of Google Maps....