How my Series X died two days after the warranty expired

Discus and support How my Series X died two days after the warranty expired in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my Xbox Series X crashes sometimes. It happens. But then Halo Infinite's campaign launched, which was meant to be a celebration. And it was, when it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ethake, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Ethake
    Ethake Guest

So my Xbox Series X crashes sometimes. It happens. But then Halo Infinite's campaign launched, which was meant to be a celebration. And it was, when it wasn't crashing my console. More crashes than I've had in the past year together. Frustrating, but I persevered. It's Halo! Jump to yesterday, when what seemed like just another crash was actually what appears to be my console's death rattle. Repeated attempts to power on resulted in the light shining for a few seconds, maybe the start of the boot up screen, and then back to off. When I finally got my console on today, I did a factory reset and got it set back up. For a matter of moments it seemed fine, then crash. And back to the aforementioned cycle. Once I finally had it on AGAIN I turned off my preview membership whatever, if you know what I mean you know. This led to another factory reset and a separate update. Once again, all seemed fine for a few moments. Then crash. And crash and crash and crash. And yes, my warranty ended two days prior, on December 10th, the one year anniversary of the day I was lucky enough to get my hands on the most powerful console ever. And here we are. No more Halo, no more Xbox. I can't even send it for repairs, because yes I should've opted for the extended warranty. Just a cry in the ether of the support page. Happy Holidays, everybody.

:)

Ethake, Dec 14, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

which country are you in, some countries allow you to claim consumer rights on an item that should last longer than a year.
  3. Wh1teLightning Win User

Your Xbox should have been sent in for service a long time ago with that many crashes. That is a sure sign something is wrong with the console.
  4. jason_76 Win User

Lagging

Same issue exactly my warranty looks to be expired so I guess I’m screwed

Series x
  5. Eric Laberge1 Win User

Wy my series x won't link with microsoft store ?

It was not the hard drive, but the disc drive, my console can't read disc. And my warranty expired since my new console had 3 months after they change it! The 1st series x was changed even if my warranty was expired, but the employee I got on chat, push my case to higher level because of the particularity of my case. And it was accepted and they give me a 1 month extension on the warranty so I could get my series x changed. I told that to the xbox support employee today and he was saying that it cannot happen and it didn't happen. He have my info and I even have the email they sent me the day it was accepted. With details about the warranty extension! This story is a joke. I'm gonna do something about it, but for the moment, I'm waiting for my console to be repaired and using my old xbox one!
  6. C.V.N. Win User

RB (Right Bumper) unresponsive on pro controller series 2

I had to exchange my Elite Series 2 two times before I got one that didnt have button issues. Not sure what causes this. Im sorry to hear that this happened after your warranty expired.
Thema:

1. How my Series X died two days after the warranty expired - Similar Threads - Series died days

2. Xbox series s won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't turn on: I replaced the power cord and power supply also the fan and still won't turn on 7234e759-6528-46c0-b8db-966648941b0b
  3. Error code 0x87DD0017 when signing in on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x87DD0017 when signing in on xbox series s: My xbox series s suddenly started giving the above error code when I try to sign in. Everything I've looked up says its a network problem, but my internet is working perfectly, on the console and...
  4. Xbox Series X backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X backwards compatibility: My question is simple. Would it be possible to include an option upon installing a game that is on both the xbox one and series x like fallout 4 for example with its recent ng update to let us...
  5. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  6. Can I fix this? Or is my Xbox series x dying?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I fix this? Or is my Xbox series x dying?: [img] I'm getting a graphical bug of sorts on my series x, on the home panel and in all games. Is there something I can do something to fix it? Or will I need to replace it?...
  7. My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...: My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not connected to my xbox I have plugged it in and fully recharged the pack and it still hasn't connected does anyone...
  8. Where can I get my xbox repaired in south africa? My Series X just died while it was on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I get my xbox repaired in south africa? My Series X just died while it was on...: Where can I get my xbox repaired in south africa? My Series X just died while it was on standby mode. The console is just over a year old. e7d1ed31-907b-4596-ab46-2dbe11fd2179
  9. All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller): I was in the middle of playing Starfield when the game stopped and said the controller was disconnected. I look down and sure enough, it's turned itself off. I replaced the batteries, thinking...
  10. My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...: So I had this controller for almost 2 years. After about 10 months of using it, I got it sent to Germany to get it fixed after the USB C port was not working at all. Warranty got it fixed and sent...