How much space does 1min or 1hr of 4k 60fps Game DVR footage take up?

Discus and support How much space does 1min or 1hr of 4k 60fps Game DVR footage take up? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How much Space does 1min or even 1hr of 4k game clips at 60fps take up in an X1X hard drive? I heard X1X uses compression and decoding for this. What... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by X Kalomn, May 18, 2018.

1. X Kalomn
    X Kalomn Guest

How much Space does 1min or even 1hr of 4k game clips at 60fps take up in an X1X hard drive? I heard X1X uses compression and decoding for this. What about if I record on an external hard drive. I'm thinking about using a USB drive
    for power efficiency but will instead use an old laptop drive if I need more space.

:)

X Kalomn, May 18, 2018
  2. Popogeejoe
    Popogeejoe Guest
    5 Minutes of DVR gameplay

I just snap Game DVR....click stop recording and it will ask for how long...30sec, 1min ..... up to 5 minutes. Choose time you want and that's all

Popogeejoe, May 18, 2018
  3. f r u 7 7 y
    f r u 7 7 y Guest
    Xbox One X 60 FPS DVR

yep, i hate this kind of false advertising

DVR 4K 60FPS! they say which turns out absolutely useless in reality, not even delivering 1/4 of it only 1/8

Bravo

f r u 7 7 y, May 18, 2018
  4. How much space does 1min or 1hr of 4k 60fps Game DVR footage take up?

Hey there, X Kalmon!

It really depends on what game, whats happening in the game etc. Additionally, in order to record a 1 hour game clip, you will need some form of external media

Such as a USB stick, (must be 3.0 or higher)

Regards,

FireDisk

FireDisk93915, May 18, 2018
  5. X Kalomn
    X Kalomn Guest
    What does it depend on in the game? Does it record differently if the game isn't full 4k, or if it's HDR vs SDR?

X Kalomn, Nov 3, 2018
  6. X Kalomn Win User

What does it depend on in the game? Does it record differently if the game isn't full 4k, or if it's HDR vs SDR?
  7. FireDisk93915 Win User

Hey there, X Kalmon!

It really depends on what game, whats happening in the game etc. Additionally, in order to record a 1 hour game clip, you will need some form of external media

Such as a USB stick, (must be 3.0 or higher)

Regards,

FireDisk
  8. Popogeejoe Win User

5 Minutes of DVR gameplay

I just snap Game DVR....click stop recording and it will ask for how long...30sec, 1min ..... up to 5 minutes. Choose time you want and that's all
  9. steven taylor2 Win User

Microsoft GASLIGHTING?

My question was not about gaming in 8K, but why Series X struggles at 1440p to do 60FPS. 8K was only mentioned as an example of how pathetic certain claims are about the console, since it cannot even do 4K at 60FPS. That's the only reason I mentioned it. However, 4K gaming at 60FPS IS INDEED a claim Microsoft makes. Yet it cannot do it. When devs try to have both, the hardware struggles too much. So lets just stick with 4K and forget about my mention of 8K.

Q: Why do they lie and say Series X can handle 4K at 60FPS WHEN IT OBVIOUSLY CANNOT?
  10. Galactic Geek Win User

Disc vs Download

I can already tell you from experience that regardless of whether you buy physical or digital, the size is the same for both. Why is this discussion even continuing when you guys should already know that by now?

If you don't believe me, take a physical game you've installed, look at how much space it takes up, and then ask a friend who has the same game digitally to look up how much space theirs takes up WITHOUT telling them how much space yours does beforehand.
    You'll get the same answer every time.
Thema:

1. How much space does 1min or 1hr of 4k 60fps Game DVR footage take up? - Similar Threads - much space does

2. how much space will be required for a usb if i want to insert it into XBOX 360 Console for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how much space will be required for a usb if i want to insert it into XBOX 360 Console for...: Currently, there is a problem occurring in my XBOX 360 console. When I try to connect my Xbox 360 to Xbox Live it does process but when it comes to the state of updating, after some time it shows...
  3. When I try and install a game from the xbox app it does not see how much disk space I have.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try and install a game from the xbox app it does not see how much disk space I have.: I have 3 disks, C: for the OS, D: for genral storage, and E: for my games. I set the app to use E: and it reports correctly that I have 425 GB free [img] However, when I attempt to install a...
  4. What was wrong with tiles?! Takes so much space as a list and looks terrible.

in XboX Insiders
    What was wrong with tiles?! Takes so much space as a list and looks terrible.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Bludfyr [link] [comments]
  5. How much free Internal disc space is Required for XBox One to perform optimally?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much free Internal disc space is Required for XBox One to perform optimally?: Back in the day a PC's internal HDD had to have a minimum of free space on the drive to perform the start up as well as other functions. Some space was reserved for a "swapdrive" to allow caching...
  6. Games show how much space they take on their picture?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games show how much space they take on their picture?: So I was on my friends xbox and saw when I went into My Games and Apps that in the games tab, the game icons were showing how much space they take up (ex. Battlefield 4 - 38.8GB, GTA V - 76.4GB)....
  7. Hey Cortana "Record That" takes up too much space

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey Cortana "Record That" takes up too much space: Hey there Microsoft - Never mind the fact that it takes too long to say "Hey Cortana, Record That" - gone are the days when one could say "Xbox, Record That" - but it used to be that Cortana...
  8. How much space does 1min or 1hr of 4k 60fps Game DVR footage take up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much space does 1min or 1hr of 4k 60fps Game DVR footage take up?: How much Space does 1min or even 1hr of 4k game clips at 60fps take up in an X1X hard drive? I heard X1X uses compression and decoding for this. What about if I record on an external hard drive....
  9. As a general statement, why do current generation games take up so much space?

in XBoX on Consoles
    As a general statement, why do current generation games take up so much space?: When it comes to current gen gaming, why do the games themselves take up such an insane amount of space? Even games that are the same, just ported over to next gen take up more space there. Call...
  10. How much hard drive space is used per game? or how many games can be saved on a 500GB drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much hard drive space is used per game? or how many games can be saved on a 500GB drive: How much hard drive space is used per game? or how many games can be saved on a 500GB drive 01d8e7b2-4ce1-4d10-9b40-8574c1434d82