How much free Internal disc space is Required for XBox One to perform optimally?

Discus and support How much free Internal disc space is Required for XBox One to perform optimally? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Back in the day a PC's internal HDD had to have a minimum of free space on the drive to perform the start up as well as other functions. Some space was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AquarrzSudnnym, Jun 8, 2019.

1. How much free Internal disc space is Required for XBox One to perform optimally?

Back in the day a PC's internal HDD had to have a minimum of free space on the drive to perform the start up as well as other functions. Some space was reserved for a "swapdrive" to allow caching of pages etc.

I'm curious to know if some of the issues reported here are because the XBox consoles Internal HDD is full or nearly full of games etc.

I am aware of a system partition to handle functions specific to system.

Is there a minimum free space required or can it all be used?

:)

AquarrzSudnnym, Jun 8, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

How much free Internal disc space is Required for XBox One to perform optimally?

Games I want to have the best speed I install on the internal drive 7200RPM and others I install on the external 5400 RPM drive. Most externals are 5400 RPM drives to keep the cost down.
  3. Galaxy Golden Win User

You definitely want to keep some free space on your internal disc so you can ensure that your xbox one is running properly.
  4. matthewiag Win User

It does not really matter you can fill it up but just ensure that you leave around 50GB to allow for some large updates.

The system has a lot of reserved space on the internal drive

500GB has around 120GB Reserved

1TB has around 220GB Reserved
  5. 1Average_Gamer Win User

Plenty people gave good answer so what id say is E3 just a few days away and lots of sales already started launching and real stores will launch sales keeping this in mind so keep an eye out for External Storage and i knw some people have tough time tonpart
    with their save files evem if they havent played the game in over a year just keep in mind lots of games nowadays save in the cloud so your progress wont actually be on your xbox so you can delete with no worries hope that helped abit
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Over 200GB is reserved on the console for the O.S, system updates and a cache. It's possible to fill the fully, but you shouldn't experience any slow downs, it's not a PC.

PC's still have this issue, it's not an old problem.
Thema:

1. How much free Internal disc space is Required for XBox One to perform optimally? - Similar Threads - much free Internal

2. How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...: How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair because one of the Joysticks has really bad stick drift? c19310fb-9d72-4783-adfa-be8601535d2f
  3. It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...

in XBoX on Windows
    It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...: It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much, it's happening in my games and everywhere else, how do I fix it? I think it is my console...
  4. My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...: Hi, I tried to download Xbox in my laptop but changed mind so I cancelled it but starting that my laptop has been consuming so much data in a small amount of time which is not normal. What should...
  5. How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much will microsoft charge me to fix my broken power button on a second gen xbox one?: I have two problems I have a Xbox one with a broken power button and it needs replaced. how much will Microsoft charge me to fix it? f5f243a5-1f00-492e-b0d4-6a84d59d0133
  6. Why is there so much input delay when I use my SteelSeries keyboard and my Glorious Model O...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there so much input delay when I use my SteelSeries keyboard and my Glorious Model O...: Hello. Whenever I use KBM on Xbox there is a lot of input delay in games. I am using an Xbox One S. What can I do to fix it? a9c1bd97-5324-4387-b0cf-061c94be57e2
  7. i spilled fruit punch on my xbox. i wasn’t sure how much went in it but it was a decent...

in XBoX on Windows
    i spilled fruit punch on my xbox. i wasn’t sure how much went in it but it was a decent...: i spilt fruit punch on my xbox and controllers. when i shake my controllers fruit punch comes out. i haven’t done anything to the xbox yet im hoping it’ll dry out. any other things i could try for...
  8. Why PlayStation is so much better

in XboX Insiders
    Why PlayStation is so much better: So I went on r/xbox to find out why my controller didn’t work because the batteries that came with the Xbox I bought didn’t last more than a week (what a scam) and everyone kept calling me stupid...
  9. Why am I having so much trouble trying to move stacks in free cell solitaire?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I having so much trouble trying to move stacks in free cell solitaire?: I have been playing solitaire for a couple of months now. I started with just spider, but have since play every type every day. I thought in free cell that you can move a stack of 2 to 12 cards as...
  10. How much does it cost to get an ADD FREE Sudoku????

in XBoX on Consoles
    How much does it cost to get an ADD FREE Sudoku????: I am very interested in getting an add free Sudoku. How much does it cost? I live in a campground and the free wi-fi is not the best. So I lose the connection sometimes. That is not really the...