How much does a user have to steal before they are permanently banned?

Discus and support How much does a user have to steal before they are permanently banned? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; 2 weeks ago a user hacked into and stole $347 from our account and attempted another $200 before my credit card flagged it as fraud. Xbox assured us... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Turk12, May 15, 2024.

1. Turk12
    Turk12 Guest

2 weeks ago a user hacked into and stole $347 from our account and attempted another $200 before my credit card flagged it as fraud. Xbox assured us the user would be permanently banned yet no action has been taken against the thief. Our case is well documented, refunds were approved so there is no question the user is a thief. Why won't Xbox do anything to the fraudster? We considered pressing charges against the thief but held off thinking a permanent ban would send the much needed message and cost the user far more than they stole. I'm beginning to have little faith in the enforcement department and Xbox as a whole. Any theft over $300 in my state is considered a felony, yet Xbox just allows the thief to continue like nothing happened.

:)

Turk12, May 15, 2024
  2. KindGryphon Win User

2 weeks ago a user hacked into and stole $347 from our account and attempted another $200 before my credit card flagged it as fraud. Xbox assured us the user would be permanently banned yet no action has been taken against the thief. Our case is well documented, refunds were approved so there is no question the user is a thief. Why won't Xbox do anything to the fraudster? We considered pressing charges against the thief but held off thinking a permanent ban would send the much needed message and cost the user far more than they stole. I'm beginning to have little faith in the enforcement department and Xbox as a whole. Any theft over $300 in my state is considered a felony, yet Xbox just allows the thief to continue like nothing happened.
    How do you know they didn't do anything? They wouldn't tell you if they did. Thats between the enforcement team and them.

Microsoft a long time ago used to send you a thank you message when action was taken on reports but thats not something they do anymore but other than that there isnt any real reliable way of knowing whether action is taken or not.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

They do still send out the "thank you" message but it is quite rare now.
  4. Turk12 Win User

We are able to see the user is still online and in games via gamertag search.
  5. Bubba Soy Win User

I got false permanent banned

The Enforcement Team are not on the forums. Does it list how long the ban is? Have you been banned before as well?
    I havent been ban not even voice communication The ban is permanent but when i try and press the appeal button it does nothing
  6. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

The unbanning of DiVerse Modz

Bans are permanent. In the future don't attempt to steal accounts or share account information.
Thema:

1. How much does a user have to steal before they are permanently banned? - Similar Threads - much does user

2. Whys my ping so much higher than my older xbox??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whys my ping so much higher than my older xbox??: I don't understand why my ping is so bad. I have a new gen series s less than a year old and my ping is over 200. While the old gen xbox which is farther away than the router and is over 6 years...
  3. How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...: How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair because one of the Joysticks has really bad stick drift? c19310fb-9d72-4783-adfa-be8601535d2f
  4. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  5. Hello.! i want to ask how much does minecraft cost with tax in iraq

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello.! i want to ask how much does minecraft cost with tax in iraq: Hello.! i want to ask how much does minecraft cost 50ec5ebf-ab9a-486c-8ff0-dcfa8aa7a64e
  6. Which is the best game for Windows 7, 8.1, 10, 11? And how much does it cost?

in XboX Insiders
    Which is the best game for Windows 7, 8.1, 10, 11? And how much does it cost?: Fellow Redditors, I am constantly on the lookout for new and exciting games to play on my PC. With the different versions of Windows available, it can be daunting to find a game that is compatible...
  7. How much money does Microsoft make by scamming people by banning accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much money does Microsoft make by scamming people by banning accounts?: I got perma banned earlier today on an account that they have profited immensely on because my gamer picture was deemed inappropriate. Despite the fact that my gamer pic was in no way a violation...
  8. How much signatures does it take to reinitiate the backwards compatibility program?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How much signatures does it take to reinitiate the backwards compatibility program?: Hi, If and when the community provides enough proof of interest and demand for the continuation, how much signatures would it take through a petition to get the backwards compatibility program...
  9. how much longer does a refund take

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how much longer does a refund take: I had my refund accepted on July 1 and its been days since then. When will the refund appear in my account? and will i need to contact my bank? 8f6ac0cb-b1c1-4448-8f44-c44c4437c31b
  10. Does the price for a repair on my elite series 2 controller change with how much needs done...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the price for a repair on my elite series 2 controller change with how much needs done...: I have a few things wrong with my controller. It has really bad stick drift, and the faceplate is coming up alittle and isn't staying down. There's some more things that are broken on the inside....