How many USB controllers does the series S/X support?

Discus and support How many USB controllers does the series S/X support? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I see the Xbox series S and X have have three USB connectors for various accessories including controllers, I have some wired controllers that appear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OpenJacob, Dec 2, 2021.

1. OpenJacob
    OpenJacob Guest

I see the Xbox series S and X have have three USB connectors for various accessories including controllers, I have some wired controllers that appear to be on the list of “works with Xbox one, S/X”, but I’d like to know:

A. Can I populate all three slots with controllers?

B. Do USB hubs work to expand the number of wired controllers that work.

C. The console supports up to eight players over WiFi, but is that a hard limit to the ability to support players, or could you technically have eight wireless and a few wired?

The last one I’m guessing is not possible but just thought I’d ask JIC.

:)

OpenJacob, Dec 2, 2021
  2. OpenJacob Win User

I found the answers I was looking for:

A. And B. Yes you can have all three slots populated with controllers. I watched a video of someone with using two USB hubs to connect five Xbox One wired controllers to the two USBs on the back and a drive to the side USB.

C. It looks like most games don’t support eight players do to RAM/CPU limitations and other hardware limitations.

To bad, it would have been kinda cool to have sixteen players… though I suspect that I’d need a bigger screen. Lol
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox does it support Bluetooth. It uses Wifi direct. While the controllers support it for PC connections, it is for buttons and sticks only, no chat or other high bandwidth features.

I don’t think any game supports over 8 on a single console. While it’s theoretically possible there is no way to test it. It would likely require changes to the OS

How you connect them should be immaterial
  4. CarGuyB3N Win User

Xbox Series X|S and lower resolutions

Does the 1080p support go for both the Series S and Series X, or just the Series S?
  5. Cuthred Win User

16TB USB with series S

so I connected the USB drive to my Series X and no issues at all. Which makes me think that either the series S is to weak to handle the data or has some internal limit of how many games to handle. In 2023, this is just ridiculous.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Rechargeable battery pack

Hi,

Seems to me you bought a Series X|S controller? To tell the difference, the new controllers have an additional 'Share' button, a more refined along with a non-slip surface on the rear of the controller.

The Series X|S has a different battery compartment so the 'Stealth' batteries won't fit. In addition, the new controllers use USB-C for charging. The Venom charging station was designed for the Xbox One controller that uses a Micro USB connector. You can't attach Micro USB to a USB type C port.
Thema:

1. How many USB controllers does the series S/X support? - Similar Threads - many USB controllers

2. I got suspended for the second time how many days is that for?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got suspended for the second time how many days is that for?: Help me plz so I got suspended for the second time and I Wondering how many days is that 3791a1d9-b099-490e-b1eb-7e9e051d74ea
  3. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  4. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  5. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  6. How many pieces make up a Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    How many pieces make up a Xbox?: I’m 60. I drive a truck. I sit sometimes, this week 54 hours. I bought a Xbox for $450 dollars. I set it up yesterday and shut it off. Today I have been trying to sign ito the damn thing for 4...
  7. How many games and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many games and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time?: How many game('s) and apps can the Xbox one S run at the same time, because I want to know if I can run 1 game and two apps (Simple background music player / Dolby access) running in the...
  8. Can anybody help because I’ve restarted my Xbox so many times.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can anybody help because I’ve restarted my Xbox so many times.: Whenever I use the Xbox button a message appears saying ‘Try launching again shortly. ‘ then ‘If guide still won’t launch, reinstalling it should fix the problem.(0x80073d0f) It is stopping me...
  9. How many people game share one account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many people game share one account: How many people can game share one account e3cb1c94-8e19-4637-bc38-246a15037f21
  10. Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?: I’ve had this Xbox series s for about a year now and taken care of it perfectly but I’ve randomly started to encounter bugs after bugs after more random bugs so first I was experiencing really bad...