How long is the warranty on an advanced replacement?

Discus and support How long is the warranty on an advanced replacement? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My devices page is showing confusing information. I thought I heard awhile back you get a 90 day warranty when you get an advanced replacement. When... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PHub07, Nov 26, 2014.

1. PHub07
    PHub07 Guest

My devices page is showing confusing information. I thought I heard awhile back you get a 90 day warranty when you get an advanced replacement.

When I did this....I now notice it shows my kinect sensor as under warranty until February 2015. As if it got extended by....90 days. Not complaining....but I never sent in my Kinect sensor. So im wondering why it seemed to get a 90 day extension?

Thats not even the most confusing part. It shows my replacement one as under warranty until February 2016. So which is it? Am I only covered until February? Or am I covered until 2016. Seems kind of weird that the Kinect date is February 2015 and the One
    console is February 2016.

:)

PHub07, Nov 26, 2014
  2. Xenokai
    Xenokai Guest
    Warranty on the controller? How long?

My day one controller is feeling weaker and weaker every day also has some sharp edges like the controller isnt put together correctly. Anyone know how long the warranty on the controllers are? Also how easy is it to get replaced?

Xenokai, Nov 26, 2014
  3. Warranty on the controller? How long?

Hi there the warranty on the controller is 90 days and you would have to microsoft about a replacement. But just know you will have to pay for shipping.

SilentGamer895, Nov 26, 2014
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hey Phub! Sorry about the confusion. Per this link if you think the expiration date of your warranty is different than what it should be, please contact support listed in that article! Hope this helps!

support.xbox.com/.../warranty-and-registration-faq

Hordie, Nov 26, 2014
  5. PHub07
    PHub07 Guest
    Well as usual the text support is abysmal. I have no idea why I only get the bad ones....does anyone actually ever receive help?

I told the guy I want to double check if the dates on my device manager are correct. Wanna know what he did? He literally signs onto the same sit as me looks at the date and says yeah thats right....anything else I an help you with? omg.....

I got my advanced exchange 2 weeks ago. According to the device manager its under warranty for the next 15 months. That seemed odd...I hope its accurate...but it seems odd. Does anyone on here know?

PHub07, Nov 26, 2014
  6. Hey there PHub07!

Sorry about the confusion. I recommend reaching back out to phone support to verify that the warranty date that you are seeing is correct. This way you can make sure that you have received the correct information. You can reach phone support from our Contact
    Us
    page. Feel free to post back letting us know how everything went.

Mister Quimby, Dec 3, 2014
  7. PHub07
    PHub07 Guest
    I have had so many issues lately....that I never would have dreamed obtaining clarity in a situation would be next to impossible. This advanced exchange process I have done has been the worst experience of my entire life when it came to ANY situation that
    required attention whether it be buying a car....getting anything fixed. This is just ENDLESS confusion and nonsense to sway through.

So I talked to two guys on chat support. I am infinitely polite I never get an attitude with either of them. They both not only seemed to have absolutely no idea about anything involving how Xbox policies work(why are these people hired again?) neither of
    them even truly seemed to comprehend what exactly it was I was asking them. Which is INCREDIBLY simple. Why does my advanced exchange console show that its under warrranty for the next 15 months?

Both of them not only saw nothing strange about it....they insisted it was in fact correct and claimed to be checking with other people about it. I hoped it was....but I all the while knew it had to somehow be a problem because well.....who would ever do
    a repair if just doing advanced exchanges kept guaranteeing you long warranties. That is in fact if you do only get the 90 day warranty the page claims you get when your console is serviced....ironically the wording on that page leaves out Advanced Exchanges
    all together...which is the only reason why I am still left wondering what EXACTLY my actual warranty is.

The only reason I post again today is after just wanting to avoid this for a few days as my inquiries never seem to lead anywhere. I now notice in my device manage the warranty status for my console has been completely changed. It now says the warranty expired
    November 24th. Now.....I know that cant be right either because its obvioulsy not been 90 days...and the console that is showing that listing arrived on about November 20th....something tells me I get more than a 4 day warranty.

However, all the options to extend the warranty are now gone....not like before where it showed I could add another 2-3 years to the 1 year it was already showing I had. Heck....it now claims it doesnt even have service OPTIONS. Meaning I couldnt even fill
    out a repair order if I wanted to.

Ive pretty much dropped trying to get anyone to listen to me about my disc drive problem that my advanced exchange console has that was exactly the same as my original console I got replaced FOR that same reason....its obvious I am going to be ignored to
    the end of time about that one as no one in support claims to even know the issue exists.

How long is my warranty? and how do I extend it if I need to? cause apparently I need a warranty as I got two consoles now with an issue so rare support has never freaking heard of it.

PHub07, Dec 9, 2014
  8. How long is the warranty on an advanced replacement?

Hey there PHub07!

Were you able to contact phone support to get clarification on your warranty date? Can you please send me a screen shot of your device manage page? To send me a private message, just click on the envelope icon labeled "Private Message" under my post.
    Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Dec 11, 2014
  9. PHub07
    PHub07 Guest
    If you read my posts. You will see exactly where the situation currently is.

I got my advanced exchange on around Nov 20th. Aside from the fact it had the same exact issue the one I sent in did....I noticed my warranty information in device manager made no sense. Being as to the point as I possible can...it followed as...

Listed my old console as expiring Nov24th which is correct.

Listed my kinect as expiring February 2015 which seemed consistent to the 90 days thing that im not even sure if is supposed to apply to advanced exchanges and not just repairs....I did also seem weird at the time 90 days seemed to be added to the kinect
    although I figured they probably just throw that in there too for the heck of it.

Listed my new console I just got in the mail as covered until February 2016. I hoped this was accurate....although I knew that seemed off. As why would I be given a 15 month warranty for the advanced exchange? Is this policy? I have no idea. It also showed
    me the option to EXTEND that warranty for 3 years. Although even that option seemed to have an error because the main text said extend for 3 years...the very text below it describing the policy said "extend for 2 years". It also noted I had 100 some days to
    buy this policy.

I knew it couldnt be right. I DID talk to support and even printed the chat even though I highly doubt that matters at all. They insisted that February 2016 was correct and I had nothing to worry about. Even though the policy wasn't explained at all. Hoping
    it was true Deep down I knew that still had to somehow be incorrrect. But after dealing with support that seem less knowledgable than me I put it off for a few days which lead to my last post. Because the process of never getting this sorted is becomming extremely
    frustrating.

I look at device manager again. My old console no longer shows up....which makes sense as I sent it in. However, my kinect still shows the same date as February 2015. But....the console I got in the mail....the one that said February 2016...15 months from
    now. Is now being listed as having a warranty that EXPIRED November 24th. I know that not only has to be wrong too.....it makes no sense. Not just that....all of the options that I had before to extend the warranty are now gone. There is no longer even ANY
    options to click on what so ever. Including service options that are paid. It says PAID options aren't available.

I will send you a screenshot even though im not sure what show. It will just show exactly what I said here.

ALL I am trying to do....is ascertain how long the warranty is for the console I got in the mail. Then extend that warranty if possible. This is getting crazy.

PHub07, Dec 12, 2014
  10. PHub07
    PHub07 Guest
    Whats the best way to send a pic? I was just gonna use tinypic but then I realized I think anyone coould see it and my serial is gonna be on there...

PHub07, Dec 12, 2014
  11. Hey there PHub07!

When you send me a link to a picture, please send it to me through private message only. You can send me a private message by clicking on the envelope icon labeled "Private Message" under my post. Thanks!

Mister Quimby, Dec 13, 2014
  12. PHub07
    PHub07 Guest
    Yeah I know...I just meant uploading it in general. Only way I know of is tinypic which I technically think anyone could see the pics I uploaded. Im sending it now.

PHub07, Dec 15, 2014
  13. How long is the warranty on an advanced replacement?

Hey there PHub07!

Thank you for sending me the picture, feel free to go ahead and delete it from tinypic. As for the incorrect information in the Device Manger, it is very odd that it has displayed conflicting information. Once your console was serviced, you should receive
    a 90 day warranty or receive the balance of your original warranty. Basically you would get which ever is the longest. If you would like further clarification on your warranty dates, you will need to call in to phone support because we do not have all of
    the same abilities here in the forums. You can also check out our Xbox One Warranty page for more information.
    Sorry to hear about the all of the confusion and any inconveniences this may have caused. You can reach phone support from our Contact Us page.

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
  14. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there PHub07!

Thank you for sending me the picture, feel free to go ahead and delete it from tinypic. As for the incorrect information in the Device Manger, it is very odd that it has displayed conflicting information. Once your console was serviced, you should receive
    a 90 day warranty or receive the balance of your original warranty. Basically you would get which ever is the longest. If you would like further clarification on your warranty dates, you will need to call in to phone support because we do not have all of
    the same abilities here in the forums. You can also check out our Xbox One Warranty page for more information.
    Sorry to hear about the all of the confusion and any inconveniences this may have caused. You can reach phone support from our Contact Us page.
  15. PHub07 Win User

Whats the best way to send a pic? I was just gonna use tinypic but then I realized I think anyone coould see it and my serial is gonna be on there...
  16. PHub07 Win User

If you read my posts. You will see exactly where the situation currently is.

I got my advanced exchange on around Nov 20th. Aside from the fact it had the same exact issue the one I sent in did....I noticed my warranty information in device manager made no sense. Being as to the point as I possible can...it followed as...

Listed my old console as expiring Nov24th which is correct.

Listed my kinect as expiring February 2015 which seemed consistent to the 90 days thing that im not even sure if is supposed to apply to advanced exchanges and not just repairs....I did also seem weird at the time 90 days seemed to be added to the kinect
    although I figured they probably just throw that in there too for the heck of it.

Listed my new console I just got in the mail as covered until February 2016. I hoped this was accurate....although I knew that seemed off. As why would I be given a 15 month warranty for the advanced exchange? Is this policy? I have no idea. It also showed
    me the option to EXTEND that warranty for 3 years. Although even that option seemed to have an error because the main text said extend for 3 years...the very text below it describing the policy said "extend for 2 years". It also noted I had 100 some days to
    buy this policy.

I knew it couldnt be right. I DID talk to support and even printed the chat even though I highly doubt that matters at all. They insisted that February 2016 was correct and I had nothing to worry about. Even though the policy wasn't explained at all. Hoping
    it was true Deep down I knew that still had to somehow be incorrrect. But after dealing with support that seem less knowledgable than me I put it off for a few days which lead to my last post. Because the process of never getting this sorted is becomming extremely
    frustrating.

I look at device manager again. My old console no longer shows up....which makes sense as I sent it in. However, my kinect still shows the same date as February 2015. But....the console I got in the mail....the one that said February 2016...15 months from
    now. Is now being listed as having a warranty that EXPIRED November 24th. I know that not only has to be wrong too.....it makes no sense. Not just that....all of the options that I had before to extend the warranty are now gone. There is no longer even ANY
    options to click on what so ever. Including service options that are paid. It says PAID options aren't available.

I will send you a screenshot even though im not sure what show. It will just show exactly what I said here.

ALL I am trying to do....is ascertain how long the warranty is for the console I got in the mail. Then extend that warranty if possible. This is getting crazy.
  17. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there PHub07!

When you send me a link to a picture, please send it to me through private message only. You can send me a private message by clicking on the envelope icon labeled "Private Message" under my post. Thanks!
  18. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there PHub07!

Were you able to contact phone support to get clarification on your warranty date? Can you please send me a screen shot of your device manage page? To send me a private message, just click on the envelope icon labeled "Private Message" under my post.
    Thanks in advance!
Thema:

1. How long is the warranty on an advanced replacement? - Similar Threads - long warranty advanced

2. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  3. Spam protection for LFG posts? Been real ng with spam for way too long

in XboX Insiders
    Spam protection for LFG posts? Been real ng with spam for way too long: Whenever I'm playing popular games and am looking for someone in the same mode or at the same level I am bombarded by posts of people advertising cheats and other services, a spam filter seems...
  4. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  5. How long should a repair order take to complete?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long should a repair order take to complete?: I have sent my Xbox controller in to be repaired as the things can't last more than 6 months. It's been at the service centre for 10 days now and typically it has been quicker than this for me....
  6. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  7. Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1...: I got the controller last Christmas and the warranty expired in January now the bumpers don't work and it's cost over 100 dollars to fix it 752f6a80-a7fa-47e7-9a90-094b9464a554
  8. Is the warranty on controller ONLY 90days with a new Xbox?? If not, how long is it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the warranty on controller ONLY 90days with a new Xbox?? If not, how long is it?: Assuming there has been no misuse or physical damage. Thx d79ffd16-0958-4030-a316-77defd6dba3d
  9. Why is my warranty repair taking so long?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my warranty repair taking so long?: Hi, I have an active service repair for my xbox series X controller which was first initiated on the 21/05/2023. The controller was sent of immediately with the supplied delivery label And has...
  10. How long is the warranty on rechargeable batteries?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long is the warranty on rechargeable batteries?: I bought a rechargeable battery about 2 weeks ago from Microsoft for my new controller. It worked fine until now, and I know it is not an issue with the controller because it works with AA...