How long does the battery keep its charge for you guys while the Xbox Adaptive Controller...

Discus and support How long does the battery keep its charge for you guys while the Xbox Adaptive Controller... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Recently I got an Xbox Adaptive Controller for my Xbox One X and Series X consoles. It functions just fine, but after only a few days of being... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RevisoryWall903, Feb 22, 2023.

1. How long does the battery keep its charge for you guys while the Xbox Adaptive Controller...

Recently I got an Xbox Adaptive Controller for my Xbox One X and Series X consoles. It functions just fine, but after only a few days of being disconnected from the charger, and without any use, the LED of the Xbox Adaptive Controller lights up orange when I switch it on, indicating it is low on charge. I'm afraid I may have received a unit with a bad battery (as defective li-ion cells may sometimes self discharge all by themselves) or that something is wrong with the electronics of my controller. Or is this normal? The batteries of normal Xbox One controllers stay full for many months while the controller is stored away in a drawer...

:)

RevisoryWall903, Feb 22, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

How long does the battery keep its charge for you guys while the Xbox Adaptive Controller is not being used?

The only way to know is to send it to warranty and let the technical support people see if there's an issue.

You're very welcome my friend.

I'll set this thread as solved, please do not forget to rate my support!

Have a great week!
  3. iTsFx Win User

How long does the battery keep its charge for you guys while the Xbox Adaptive Controller is not being used?

If you have you're like this, yes, you should ask him to replace it. It's not normal behavior.
  4. RevisoryWall903 Win User

Not really, because the battery discharges because of the hot weather as well.
    No, with due respect, but this is neither true for li-on rechargeable batteries nor for AA alkaline primary cells; they will instead keep their charge for many years, unless they either have internal defects (which can arise from manifacturing errors) or they are stored in electrical devices which draw a non-neglectible residual current even when switched off.¹

So what I want to find out is this: Is it just me who's observing this with their XAC or is this normal for the XAC to show the orange light after a few days of non-use? Should I have mine replaced?

Footnote:

¹) My Xbox One X and Xbox Elite controllers obviously don't, as their batteries were still full when I used these controllers again after some months during which I hadn't been playing.
  5. iTsFx Win User

You may want to try fully charging the controller and then leaving it disconnected from the charger for a few days to see if the battery still drains quickly. If the problem persists, it is possible that there is an issue with the battery or electronics of the controller.
  6. iTsFx Win User

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

Mine can last for 3 or 4 ours.
Thema:

How long does the battery keep its charge for you guys while the Xbox Adaptive Controller...

1. How long does the battery keep its charge for you guys while the Xbox Adaptive Controller... - Similar Threads - long does battery

2. Why does it take so long to get a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it take so long to get a refund: i requested a refund at the beginning of january and still not got the money back. The refund status is request approved and my friend was even able to get theirs back a couple days after...
  3. How long does it take for my Xbox to be shipped back from the service center

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long does it take for my Xbox to be shipped back from the service center: I sent my xbox in around a week ago but there still hasn't been an update about my xbox. Is it normal for it to take this long for an update? 3d157cf8-7698-4e2b-9783-dfcf51da3560
  4. How Long does it take for my item that i redeemed a code to come into fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    How Long does it take for my item that i redeemed a code to come into fortnite?: About 15 hours ago, i redeemed a code from Xbox/microsoft into fortnite (cross comms pack) and i havent got the item yet. (The code was succesful and all that) is this normal?...
  5. How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?: I requested a refund for an item I accidentally bought around 10 days ago now and it was approved, however the money has not been refunded onto my card. When will the money clear back into my...
  6. Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this: Why does it take so long to load up any game i am having a issue with this 35815371-c7ca-470e-b24a-585a98e090b9
  7. How long does it take for refund money to be put in your bank

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does it take for refund money to be put in your bank: I requested a refund about 3 to 4 hours ago and the money usually goes into my bank straight away but it hasn’t and I urgently need it because I have work tomorrow...
  8. Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...: Tired of 15 to 20 minute wait times only a game on game pass. a98124cc-957e-4fc7-967e-0c1223cf79b5
  9. I bought a Xbox where insiders was enabled and I removed the device how long does it take...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought a Xbox where insiders was enabled and I removed the device how long does it take...: . submitted by /u/TheVaultDwelller [link] [comments]
  10. How long does it take for Microsoft@security to respond??

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does it take for Microsoft@security to respond??: I sent a email (that i wouldn’t like to get into details) to Microsoft@security and its nearly been a month do they ever respond 0f61ef18-0f88-4e9f-a702-3b97066c50da