How long does it take for your gamertag to update?

Discus and support How long does it take for your gamertag to update? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I used my free gamertag change almost a week ago and it's still showing both of them, when I'm in parties it shows my new one but when I play games it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Amhale, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Amhale
    Amhale Guest

I used my free gamertag change almost a week ago and it's still showing both of them, when I'm in parties it shows my new one but when I play games it shows my old one and when I go to my profile it shows both gamertags; my new one over my old one. I've deleted my profile and redownloaded it and nothing and also when I go to change my gamertag it shows that my current one is the new one. I'm debating on paying for a name change to see if it does anything but I also don't want to waste money on something that won't fix. Also did the free name change on PC

:)

Amhale, Jan 17, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

That means your change did go through, but you now have a "classic" gamertag and one that falls under the new gamertag policy. That usually happens if you choose different characters for your new name, but for some reason it does that randomly in other cases. You can try changing your tag again to see if it shows the option to change each on independently (you don't have to go through the whole change to see if it shows that option).
  3. Rigi07 Win User

How long does the update take

Thank you but it didnt work and i tried holding the buttons as instructed and nothing there happened either. To be honest i regret buying this machine. I bought it just over a year ago and was fine and then it needed to do an update which didnt work
    which is why i packed it away. I was advised to update by usb at the time, but do not have a windows pc as i am apple mac.
  4. choppyseize Win User

Hi try power cycling the console. Maybe turn it off and unplug it for 10 seconds before trying again
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

E105 can be fixed by restoring your console. Follow these steps.

Restore your console to factory defaults

If resetting your console does not correct your startup error, you can use the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter to completely restore your console to its factory settings.

Warning Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. You should only use this option as a last resort.

If you need to bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter again, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Remove everything.
  6. Rigi07 Win User

Hi try power cycling the console. Maybe turn it off and unplug it for 10 seconds before trying again
    Thanks tried that and now have an error message and cant seem to turn it off.
    [​IMG]
Thema:

1. How long does it take for your gamertag to update? - Similar Threads - long does gamertag

2. Why does it take so long to get a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it take so long to get a refund: i requested a refund at the beginning of january and still not got the money back. The refund status is request approved and my friend was even able to get theirs back a couple days after...
  3. How long does it take for my Xbox to be shipped back from the service center

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long does it take for my Xbox to be shipped back from the service center: I sent my xbox in around a week ago but there still hasn't been an update about my xbox. Is it normal for it to take this long for an update? 3d157cf8-7698-4e2b-9783-dfcf51da3560
  4. How Long does it take for my item that i redeemed a code to come into fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    How Long does it take for my item that i redeemed a code to come into fortnite?: About 15 hours ago, i redeemed a code from Xbox/microsoft into fortnite (cross comms pack) and i havent got the item yet. (The code was succesful and all that) is this normal?...
  5. How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?: I requested a refund for an item I accidentally bought around 10 days ago now and it was approved, however the money has not been refunded onto my card. When will the money clear back into my...
  6. Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this: Why does it take so long to load up any game i am having a issue with this 35815371-c7ca-470e-b24a-585a98e090b9
  7. How long does it take for refund money to be put in your bank

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does it take for refund money to be put in your bank: I requested a refund about 3 to 4 hours ago and the money usually goes into my bank straight away but it hasn’t and I urgently need it because I have work tomorrow...
  8. Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...: Tired of 15 to 20 minute wait times only a game on game pass. a98124cc-957e-4fc7-967e-0c1223cf79b5
  9. How long does it take for your gamertag to change after purchase?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How long does it take for your gamertag to change after purchase?: I purchased a new gamertag last night, assuming it would change immediately. Microsoft sure had no trouble charging me the $9.99 immediately. But my gamertag remains the same....
  10. how long does it take for a gamertag to become available

in XBoX Accessibility
    how long does it take for a gamertag to become available: i have 2 microsoft accounts, 1 was for minecraft and the other is for everything else.around a year ago i changed the username of account 1 and made account 2s name the same as the first account,...