how long does it take for a gamertag to become available

Discus and support how long does it take for a gamertag to become available in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i have 2 microsoft accounts, 1 was for minecraft and the other is for everything else.around a year ago i changed the username of account 1 and made... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by roqatic, Jun 6, 2023.

1. roqatic
    roqatic Guest

i have 2 microsoft accounts, 1 was for minecraft and the other is for everything else.around a year ago i changed the username of account 1 and made account 2s name the same as the first account, but it got the autogenerated numbers/tag at the end. when will the gamertag become available and will the autogenerated tag be removed automatically when the gamertag becomes available or will i have to do it manually

:)

roqatic, Jun 6, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

You would have to change account 2 to something else

Then try again later and hope no-one takes it
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Roqatic, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I would like to let you know that's not something we can know, there is no an estimated time about when a gamertag can be used again. In some cases, this even can't happen.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Conflicting Xbox profiles/accounts

Hello again, yes, the Gamertag will become available but you won't be able to get it to your other Xbox account.

This is because after changing the Gamertag, the old one is suspended in the system, and unfortunately Microsoft does not disclose how long the Gamertag is suspended.
  5. RE5CUE Win User

New gamertag

Keep checking. Sometimes there is a delay in the gamertag becoming available. How long ago did you change it?
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

The VIP Car Pack ?

I'd imagine it will eventually become available for purchase, how long thats takes is anyones guess.
Thema:

1. how long does it take for a gamertag to become available - Similar Threads - long does gamertag

2. Why does it take so long to get a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it take so long to get a refund: i requested a refund at the beginning of january and still not got the money back. The refund status is request approved and my friend was even able to get theirs back a couple days after...
  3. How long does it take for my Xbox to be shipped back from the service center

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long does it take for my Xbox to be shipped back from the service center: I sent my xbox in around a week ago but there still hasn't been an update about my xbox. Is it normal for it to take this long for an update? 3d157cf8-7698-4e2b-9783-dfcf51da3560
  4. How Long does it take for my item that i redeemed a code to come into fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    How Long does it take for my item that i redeemed a code to come into fortnite?: About 15 hours ago, i redeemed a code from Xbox/microsoft into fortnite (cross comms pack) and i havent got the item yet. (The code was succesful and all that) is this normal?...
  5. How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does a refund from xbox take to clear into my bank account?: I requested a refund for an item I accidentally bought around 10 days ago now and it was approved, however the money has not been refunded onto my card. When will the money clear back into my...
  6. Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this: Why does it take so long to load up any game i am having a issue with this 35815371-c7ca-470e-b24a-585a98e090b9
  7. How long does it take for refund money to be put in your bank

in XBoX on Windows
    How long does it take for refund money to be put in your bank: I requested a refund about 3 to 4 hours ago and the money usually goes into my bank straight away but it hasn’t and I urgently need it because I have work tomorrow...
  8. Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...: Tired of 15 to 20 minute wait times only a game on game pass. a98124cc-957e-4fc7-967e-0c1223cf79b5
  9. I bought a Xbox where insiders was enabled and I removed the device how long does it take...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought a Xbox where insiders was enabled and I removed the device how long does it take...: . submitted by /u/TheVaultDwelller [link] [comments]
  10. How long does it take for your gamertag to change after purchase?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How long does it take for your gamertag to change after purchase?: I purchased a new gamertag last night, assuming it would change immediately. Microsoft sure had no trouble charging me the $9.99 immediately. But my gamertag remains the same....