How good is the Xbox One as a Blu Ray player?

Discus and support How good is the Xbox One as a Blu Ray player? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I used my Xbox one to watch a Blu Ray (Wolverine) for the first time last night. It seemed to me to produce a very good results, awesome detail, rich... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LiveandLetDie69, Jan 4, 2014.

1. How good is the Xbox One as a Blu Ray player?

I used my Xbox one to watch a Blu Ray (Wolverine) for the first time last night. It seemed to me to produce a very good results, awesome detail, rich deep colors and great sound. Previously I had been using a PS3. I come here knowing I am probably biased
    but is the Xbox One a better blu ray device compard to PS3? Are there specific facts or specs that support this? (Im try to avoid bias and assumptions here).

:)

LiveandLetDie69, Jan 4, 2014
  2. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

No I would expect a blu ray player to play DVDs as good as a standalone DVD player. Blu Ray players don't magically improve DVDs. The problem would appear to be that the One blu Ray player doesn't perform well when playing DVDs in comparison to other
    Blu Ray players.

John Dowding, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    4k problems on xbox one s

Hey WILDman260,

Are specifically having this issue with the 4K Blue-Ray version of Oblivion as well? I saw that you mentioned 4K Blu-Rays worked before the update, did you set up your Xbox One S and try a 4K Blu-ray before updating?

Ghostshrimp,

Thanks for posting this up, are there any other Universal Studios 4K Blu-Ray movies that you can try out as well? In the meantime, please try uninstalling the Blu-Ray app, power cycle your Xbox One S console by holding the power button, and then reinstall
    the Blu-Ray app.

Let us know how it goes!

Mister Beep, Jan 4, 2014
  4. WPAK Win User

Not enough space problem

5. John Dowding Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

No I would expect a blu ray player to play DVDs as good as a standalone DVD player. Blu Ray players don't magically improve DVDs. The problem would appear to be that the One blu Ray player doesn't perform well when playing DVDs in comparison to other
    Blu Ray players.
  6. atDoc Rogers Win User

Blu Ray Problem: Cannot play Game of Thrones Season 3

There was a patch for the Blu-Ray player released earlier this morning. For more information you can read the details here:

daviddocrogers.com/.../xbox-one-blu-ray-cant-play-game-of-thrones

You can now insert a Game of Thrones season 3 disc and the blu-ray player will launch and request you confirm the update. Once updated, you'll be able to watch your favorite show.

You're welcome!

Good luck.
  7. Mister Beep Win User

4k problems on xbox one s

Hey WILDman260,

Are specifically having this issue with the 4K Blue-Ray version of Oblivion as well? I saw that you mentioned 4K Blu-Rays worked before the update, did you set up your Xbox One S and try a 4K Blu-ray before updating?

Ghostshrimp,

Thanks for posting this up, are there any other Universal Studios 4K Blu-Ray movies that you can try out as well? In the meantime, please try uninstalling the Blu-Ray app, power cycle your Xbox One S console by holding the power button, and then reinstall
    the Blu-Ray app.

Let us know how it goes!
  8. Galactic Geek Win User

Big XBOX One Questions

Now that the Xbox One can play Blu-Ray? The Xbox One has ALWAYS been able to play Blu-Ray...
Thema:

How good is the Xbox One as a Blu Ray player?

1. How good is the Xbox One as a Blu Ray player? - Similar Threads - Blu Ray player

2. Blu-Ray player

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray player: Hello, I've been trying to watch a Blu-ray an there no sound coming through but I have a picture. What can you do to help? 9a3d7977-7304-41ee-ac61-0f4d32332926
  3. Xbox One X Blu-Ray player

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One X Blu-Ray player: Is Microsoft ever going to update the blu-ray disc player for Xbox? The app works sometimes with discs, sometimes it displays an error code (claims the disc type isn't supported, even though the...
  4. X-Box One Blu-Ray player won't install 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X-Box One Blu-Ray player won't install 0x80073cf9: I had to reset my X-Box One because I had downloading issues, those were solved, but guess what, I got another one in return: The blu-ray player (I use to play 4K discs!) does not install. Does...
  5. Blu-Ray player will not install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-Ray player will not install: I recently bought some blu-ray movies for my xbox and once I tried to install the blu-ray app it wouldn't make any progress it stayed on 0.0% and it wouldn't make any progress so I let it install...
  6. Blu-ray Player Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu-ray Player Issue: I recently tried to install the Blu-ray Player on my Xbox One S as I wanted to watch a movie, and as soon as i started downloading it, it started to bug my whole xbox, stuff wouldn’t or would take...
  7. Blu-Ray Player App Issue - green screen

in XboX Insiders
    Blu-Ray Player App Issue - green screen: Does anyone else have a issue with the Blu-Ray app displaying a stuttering green screen when playing DVDs and some Blu Rays? I'm currently running version 2.2110.1.70 submitted by...
  8. Why is my screen going dim when I use blu ray player

in XboX Insiders
    Why is my screen going dim when I use blu ray player: Only dims when I load into blu ray player submitted by /u/BreachN_Clear6 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player: Can’t seem to find a definitive answer online. Was going to buy a 4K Blu-Ray Player but many of them say it’s Upscaled 4K and many reviews say that many players have freezing issues etc. Does...
  10. Blu Ray Player app no longer supports Dolby Atmos?

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu Ray Player app no longer supports Dolby Atmos?: Since the latest Xbox software update, the Blu Ray Player app does not seem to support Dolby Atmos. Atmos is working fine on Dolby Access and Disney+ so it's not my receiver. The Blu Ray Discs I...