How does the xbox microsoft store hold files?

Discus and support How does the xbox microsoft store hold files? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, Just wondering about the xbox store. Who manages packages on the store for game dlcs? Is it microsoft or the game maker, I'm getting... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by pidwilli, Apr 18, 2021.

1. pidwilli
    pidwilli Guest

Hey all,

Just wondering about the xbox store. Who manages packages on the store for game dlcs? Is it microsoft or the game maker, I'm getting unavailable on some dlcs.

Forgot to mention I can't renew my xbox gold because I have the games pass ultimate. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

:)

pidwilli, Apr 18, 2021
  2. FreakRoach Win User

Transferring Microsoft money to PayPal

That's how it is for various platforms. Also, Microsoft currency is just a currency recognized in Microsoft store and does not hold any value outside of it. I believe, enabling transfer of Microsoft credit to PayPal may result in various frauds, or illegal
    online market.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Can the Xbox gamepass app detect already installed games??

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Unfortunately, there is no function like this, because the files that are downloaded by the Microsoft Store and Xbox application are different from steam, files downloaded by Microsoft Store and Xbox application are encrypted which prevents this recognition of files.

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Halo MCC File formation

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

What you are trying to do is not going to work. Microsoft Store app files are encrypted. Unfortunately, you will have to reinstall the game using the Microsoft Store.
  5. A.S.H. Win User

Unable to install games anymore (Error Code 0x80073d0d) (SOLVED)

EDIT: Solved

Thank you Mateus, really appreciate you taking the time to help me here.

Although the methods you provided did not help me, it actually guided me to really understand how Windows structure its files and folders.

The methods above does help with someone who removed the Windowsapp folder alongside other files/folders within the same OS Drive installed. As it actually tried to recover the Microsoft Store and other essential files.

However in my case, it does not help me as the system "only" sees the drive where OS is installed and thus shows me everything is working (this also includes system restore). Any other partition/drive is not affected by this. I needed the re-creation of the folders on a different partition, and xbox app cannot re-create it on its own.

I just figured out that Xbox app is not a "standalone" app, and cannot function without the use of Microsoft Store. I always wondered what was the difference between downloading games from Xbox app PC vs using Microsoft Store.

I "think" I got my answer. Xbox is like a categorized shelf of games inside Microsoft Store, and seeing its part of Microsoft store, it cannot create folders/files or re-structure anything.

A good example of this would be, using Steam platform to download a game, and that game has its own store (dlcs etc..), when I physically delete the store folder within that game, the game itself cannot re-create it, and needs steam to "verify" the files to fix it.

And that's how microsoft store comes into play to re-create my folders and not the xbox app itself.

Here's the FIX for anyone in the same boat as me.

1. Open Settings ---> System
    2. On the left column, choose the Storage tab then choose "Change where new content is saved"
    3. Change "New apps will save to:" to whatever drive you want (in my case, D Drive)
    4. Wait 2mins, then restart PC.
    5. Microsoft Store has now created the required folders for Xbox app to use.
    6. Repeat steps 1 to 3 to change your location back to default if you wish
    7. Now you can download your games from xbox app to your desired drive/partition

Using this method, I had Microsoft Store to take hold and create the folders.

I just wish this was explained with using Xbox app, or at least have xbox app the permission to do it on its own.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Installation Location??

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Microsoft Store installation files are located in the WindowsApps folder on your hard drive, you will need to take ownership of the folder to enter and delete the files.
Thema:

1. How does the xbox microsoft store hold files? - Similar Threads - does microsoft store

2. Does my Microsoft Store Account and Minecraft Launcher account *HAVE* to be the same?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does my Microsoft Store Account and Minecraft Launcher account *HAVE* to be the same?: Basically as title says, I keep getting the pop up because I have multiple accounts on the MS store but it never prevents me from playing Minecraft or anything so I’m wondering if it’s really...
  3. It says that my microsoft account does not exist on the microsoft store but i am sign in on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    It says that my microsoft account does not exist on the microsoft store but i am sign in on...: I have been using this email for a while and have not experienced any problems, until now. I can sign into my account on the browser tab but when I try to sign into it on Minecraft or the...
  4. Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...: In my case "Sea of thieves". It is no longer in my library in my microsoft store. Furthermore, I have only one account and I do not use Gamepass or Xbox services and I have not given anyone access...
  5. hello! for some reasons xbox pc wont launch, and so does microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello! for some reasons xbox pc wont launch, and so does microsoft store.: it used to work, but now, it doesnt for some reasons. i ahve tried and done every single thing/soplutions on reddit and yt. please help me, i am struggling and i wanna play games. thank you!...
  6. The Microsoft Rewards application does not appear in the store on my xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Microsoft Rewards application does not appear in the store on my xbox series S: I have the game pass and the Microsoft Rewards service active with my normal online account and my search points. At first I had the app installed, when I tried to enter the app it gave me a...
  7. If I bought Minecraft for windows Deluxe edition in 2021 through microsoft store Why does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I bought Minecraft for windows Deluxe edition in 2021 through microsoft store Why does...: I BOUGHT MINECRAFT FOR WINDOWS DELUXE EDITION Through microsoft store AND it gives only trial edition When i spent around 186 SAR on it. IT STILL SHOWS BUY NOW 7aff2740-c2d7-4ead-8d52-99b12bf09638
  8. Microsoft Store updates but does not work and updates again in an infinite cycle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store updates but does not work and updates again in an infinite cycle: Hello, I have recently bought an xbox series s preowned and everything was fine until today where the microsoft store would not work at all. I saw someone else with the same problem and tried the...
  9. Does anyone know why in Microsoft store when updating it gives error code 0x800706C6

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why in Microsoft store when updating it gives error code 0x800706C6: When I was about to update my games at Microsoft store when it gives a error message something went wrong it gives code: 0x800706C6. I was doing on LG Gram laptop. Model:14ZB90Q. Is there way to...
  10. Hello there i wanted to ask what does included with game pass in microsoft store means?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello there i wanted to ask what does included with game pass in microsoft store means?...: just like this game and other games like forza 5 etc pls reply and respond 171c03a9-0342-4a2d-a5ff-778b98b56eb5