How does someone get banned longer than others and they do the same thing to get banned???

Discus and support How does someone get banned longer than others and they do the same thing to get banned??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been banned for almost a year now for Marketplace theft I will be unbanned on 12/12/1999 my friend did the same thing and was banned for only 30... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Unban rng vs bmg 345, Nov 17, 2018.

1. How does someone get banned longer than others and they do the same thing to get banned???

I have been banned for almost a year now for Marketplace theft I will be unbanned on 12/12/1999 my friend did the same thing and was banned for only 30 days so why did I get banned longer?? Than he did?
    How does someone get banned longer than others and they do the same thing to get banned??? [​IMG]

How does someone get banned longer than others and they do the same thing to get banned??? [​IMG]

:)

Unban rng vs bmg 345, Nov 17, 2018
  2. McSweetLovin
    McSweetLovin Guest
    Communication ban with 1 month away from deployment overseas

Oh and another thing the range of a 2 day - 2 week ban is outrageous. I don't understand how can 1st-time offenses of verbal abuse have a range like that? How do they judge how long one should get banned for? I really don't understand do they count the number
    of curse words or what? Verbal abuse is verbal abuse plain and simple, calling someone a "retard" should have the same amount of time issued to the ban as calling someone "gay", I understand the need for longer bans, but they need to go off of offenses rather
    than the amount of curse or offensive language used. I haven't done anything before and I'm getting a two-week ban that's just simply outrageous.

McSweetLovin, Nov 17, 2018
  3. BigBigFan
    BigBigFan Guest
    Can I get someone banned?

They see a lot of people getting mad, and a lot of people reporting others, but getting under your skin and doing something worthy of getting banned is quite different.

Did the guy use any racial slurs or say anything about illegal activities and the like? If he did you can probably get him temporarily banned, 48 hours most likely.

it would take a full on racial insult or threats of death for someone to get permanently banned and most of the time things never get that bad.

BigBigFan, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

How does someone get banned longer than others and they do the same thing to get banned???

Suspension length can vary depending on the severity of the situation as well as any previous enforcement actions. So even if you did the same thing, if your friend has less enforcement actions previously, that could have weighed in on the enforcement
    team's decision to give him a shorter ban.

Smwutches, Nov 17, 2018
  5. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about any issues you may be having due to an enforcement action. For information about the ban, you would need to go to
    Enforcement website. That is the only way to contact the enforcement team if you are eligible for a case review. No one on the forums can provide that answer for you unfortunately,
    but our ambassador's statement is generally true across the board when it comes to length of the bans or suspensions. If you have any other questions unrelated to enforcement actions feel free to post them.

Thank you.

XBF Diego M, Nov 6, 2018
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about any issues you may be having due to an enforcement action. For information about the ban, you would need to go to
    Enforcement website. That is the only way to contact the enforcement team if you are eligible for a case review. No one on the forums can provide that answer for you unfortunately,
    but our ambassador's statement is generally true across the board when it comes to length of the bans or suspensions. If you have any other questions unrelated to enforcement actions feel free to post them.

Thank you.
  7. Smwutches Win User

Suspension length can vary depending on the severity of the situation as well as any previous enforcement actions. So even if you did the same thing, if your friend has less enforcement actions previously, that could have weighed in on the enforcement
    team's decision to give him a shorter ban.
  8. McSweetLovin Win User

Communication ban with 1 month away from deployment overseas

Oh and another thing the range of a 2 day - 2 week ban is outrageous. I don't understand how can 1st-time offenses of verbal abuse have a range like that? How do they judge how long one should get banned for? I really don't understand do they count the number
    of curse words or what? Verbal abuse is verbal abuse plain and simple, calling someone a "retard" should have the same amount of time issued to the ban as calling someone "gay", I understand the need for longer bans, but they need to go off of offenses rather
    than the amount of curse or offensive language used. I haven't done anything before and I'm getting a two-week ban that's just simply outrageous.
  9. AridLizard Win User

Thoughts on banning

freedom of speech does not apply to messages on Xbox Live.

some people might say that it shouldn't be a problem to swear or use offensive language in a mature rated game, but try saying those same things to someone watching a mature rated movie in a cinema and you'll get kicked out and it will be longer than a 24
    hour ban.
  10. Andreas_212 Win User

I really hope the guys on the xbox camp match the specs that the PS4 has...

I wont get into detail, but I said something, that someone in another thread said and I was banned. The other person wasn't. It wasn't an argument between us, just some people are allowed to say things while others get banned for using the same word.

Basically I called someone out on their BS, and in another thread someone else called that same person out on their BS.
Thema:

1. How does someone get banned longer than others and they do the same thing to get banned??? - Similar Threads - does someone banned

2. My guide is not opening. Does someone know what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My guide is not opening. Does someone know what to do?: When I normally press the xbox button the guide opens but today when I wanted to open it there came a weird message with the code: 0x80073d0f. I‘ve already done everything that the xbox support...
  3. Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team not see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug * Original title: Why does your team see the someone else is framing my...
  4. My roblox does not work at all, could someone please help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My roblox does not work at all, could someone please help me?: Hi, I have contacted roblox support numerous times but all their solutions are ineffective. I've reinstalled roblox more than 10 times, restarted pc on several occasions, done other things, but...
  5. Why does your team see the someone else is framing my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does your team see the someone else is framing my account: So I am here to say why is your team not finding proof the tickets on my Xbox account are false and not true sir Doug cd42e968-d8be-430e-956c-44beafc761c6
  6. What does it mean when someone trys to join my world and it says "unable to join the world,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What does it mean when someone trys to join my world and it says "unable to join the world,...: For some reason whenever my friends try to join me it says this and I am on nintendo switch by the way 5b7b296b-15ae-4805-b98f-f991203d9a78
  7. Someone has hacked my microsoft account, (I think). Does my account still exist or not? Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone has hacked my microsoft account, (I think). Does my account still exist or not? Is...: Messages i get trying to log in "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is already...
  8. If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?: I want to gift a friend a fortnite DLC add-on via the xbox store from my console, but they are in the EU, while i am US based. If i gift sed friend the DLC, would it be locjed to my region, do...
  9. What can i do if someone has my token to my account? does changing password or email do...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can i do if someone has my token to my account? does changing password or email do...: i just want to know if changing password or email do anything 9fa4ae4c-4e13-4fc3-8f1d-f79abcc03f58
  10. Does anyone know how to speak to someone to resolve an issue with xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how to speak to someone to resolve an issue with xbox account: My son reset his xbox & he was on the account as a family member & now he cannot access any of his games. His gamertag still shows in the family section but we can't do anything with it & he can't...